Friend Requests

Options

Replies

• onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I rarely accept friend requests. I like to keep a small friends list. Most often I only accept people I see posting on other friends status's or profiles. Every once in a while I find one really intriguing and accept out of curiosity and find I have myself an awesome new friend, I recently accepted 2 and they are amazing, very funny and full of great muscle building info. I just hate to get a huge list and never hear from the people or they never post a burn, nutrition/fitness question or log anything and have to go through and delete them. I have never looked at a picture and declined due to it. Greatness comes in variety.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have been shocked how many friend requests I've gotten lately. I'm guessing its the new year or I smell better, something.. Anyways my question is, Do you ever look at the profile and just think "nah, I don't think this person and I would get along" or "something about their picture and I don't jive" or "Uh, this chick looks freaking crazy?" and not approve the friend request. I hate to decline friend requests but there are some where I don't really want to approve either. Just wondering what the etiquette is considered on friend requests.

*also I have a bunch of people queued up in friend requests from the last few days, this doesn't pertain to you guys, sadly enough I've been lazy and not looked through them much!"

I approve most and I delete (chop/ chop) every couple of weeks based on several factors. If someone if working towards their goals I do not delete them. "Together we are stronger than alone", right?
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Up to now I've been accepting all requests. I'd feel rude otherwise! But I'm starting to think I need to be more selective. I don't interact with a lot of the people on my friends list.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I accept all friends, but may drop them if they become inactive or we don't interact at all, ever.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I may have gotten one friend request since I joined a week ago...
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I pretty much just ignore all the people skinnier than me. ;)

Or the people prettier than me
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I may have gotten one friend request since I joined a week ago...

Now you have another! Welcome to MFP!

As for the response to the OP - I have accepted pretty much every request - but I do delete those who go inactive for a month unless I know them pretty well. My list is looking pretty long these days though and I am not just a friend collector so I may have to get a bit more strict on my add/delete policy.

I don't think it is rude to delete people that don't interact with you. I got upset at first when folks disappeared or deleted me - and then I realized it doesn't matter. I am a social butterfly IRL - but that's not why I am here on MFP - so if folks want to delete me - so be it.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I have gotten 2 because of my profile pic. THOSE are keepers.
  • hbar98
    hbar98 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have, so far, accepted all requests... I figure the more the marrier! But some people may not want to add me... My last name is Hershey, and I know some of you all have sworn off chocolate. ;)
  • carlie_carl
    Options

It's a joke, people!

that is a good stratergy! if I had request, Id go by that lol
  • GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    I have been shocked how many friend requests I've gotten lately. I'm guessing its the new year or I smell better, something.. Anyways my question is, Do you ever look at the profile and just think "nah, I don't think this person and I would get along" or "something about their picture and I don't jive" or "Uh, this chick looks freaking crazy?" and not approve the friend request. I hate to decline friend requests but there are some where I don't really want to approve either. Just wondering what the etiquette is considered on friend requests.

*also I have a bunch of people queued up in friend requests from the last few days, this doesn't pertain to you guys, sadly enough I've been lazy and not looked through them much!"
    I think it might be from your comments on the thread about hot men!! You have got all the women on her excited!!!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Or the people prettier than me

Maybe they could help you, seen as they have had success.....just saying
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I must really smell because I haven't rec'd any friend requests on MFP! haha
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i accept all friend requests i dont discriminate against anyone :)

as for women that say "no guys" - your obviously trouble so why would i want to friend you anyway...
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I must really smell because I haven't rec'd any friend requests on MFP! haha

Now you have :)
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't get very many, either! I must not smell very good, either!

Not sure what the etiquette is-- on Facebook I have no problem not accepting requests. But on here, I pretty much accept them all. So far seem like a nice bunch of people so far.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    i understand the facebook thing because its more like a place to keep in touch with friends and family.

i use facebook for promotional purposes though i dont spam everyone with invites to clubs or anything.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't discriminate, I don't think I've turned down a friend request yet.

Although I will clean out every once in awhile, just people who haven't logged on in like over a month.

But besides that, I'm nosy enough to accept whoever :)
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the message board although I'm not new to MFP.

I haven't received any friend requests...yet! ;)

*waits*
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    We are programmed to receive. You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!

Like hotel California...I am programed to recieve ;)