• coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Not the forum for this.

AMEN!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My kids' father hasn't paid a lick of child support in the whole 15 years he has been a "parent". (I did get a check for 38 cents one week.) He doesn't hold a job so DHHS cannot garnish his wages nor take his tax returns, he doesn't hold a driver's license nor any type of work license so they can't take that either. I asked about putting him in jail and they said that they don't do that. So unfortunately my children have suffered for 15 years, not always having their mom at home and having to spend a lot of time at sitter's because Mommy has had to work 2 and 3 jobs to keep them in what they need.
    I like the sarcasm in the letter, believe me, if it were me writing the letter I would not be allowed to post it on a PG13 site... heck they may even ban it from an adult R rated site because what I have to say to my kids' father probably shouldn't be said at all. I just keep it bottled inside. I don't want any chance of my children hearing it. His day will come and I hope with all my heart I am still around to see it when it does. LOL

I could have written this word for word... I feel for you, girl!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Looking back, maybe that woman should re-evaluate the screening process she uses before having unprotected sex with random men.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    OMG it was a JOKE people!!!!!!!!!
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wow...some people need to lighten up...
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    popcorn.gif
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping you put this on here to give us a good laugh, I really do.

Child support is meant for the child, not for you to go blow it on dating and such. Just sayin.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Not the forum for this.

Yes it is, it's chit chat.

*Edited by moderator*
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am the queen of sarcasm. That said, this is a very bad idea. He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Talk to him, go to court, garnish his wages if need be. Or am I the only one who prefers the drama-free direct route?
    ^^^^^This!^^^^^
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I feel the need to respond.

1. It was a joke! It came from being asked to go out with some friends and not being able to because I was broke.

2. I pay for all of my children's needs by myself. They want for nothing.

3. Obviously I know that child support is not to be used to get my drink on. IF I were to receive any money from him, that would be used for the kids thus freeing up my hard earned money to be used for whatever I want.

4. Bite me.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Seriously people? You have to ask if this is a joke?
  • jennajava
    Options
    I feel the need to respond.

1. It was a joke! It came from being asked to go out with some friends and not being able to because I was broke.

2. I pay for all of my children's needs by myself. They want for nothing.

3. Obviously I know that child support is not to be used to get my drink on. IF I were to receive any money from him, that would be used for the kids thus freeing up my hard earned money to be used for whatever I want.

4. Bite me.

:drinker:
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pretty bland. As an ex husband that paid for my baby girl and everything else over 18 years, if this were a real letter, I would inform you it would not work.

Saying to your ex hey give me the money youowe me so I can drink, get waxed, get laid, and party prolly isnt gonna work. Gonna have the opposite impact.

I am totally against POS dads--AND moms cuz they are out there too. You put the time in to sport it, then you need to abort it or support it. Not walk away.

I know this was in jest but Im sure it has a basis in fact---if you have a POS ex, I hope you get your cash. Cash aside, I hope he goes to see his kids game---in 8 years I missed 3 games, and will always treasure those memories.

Luck.

TOTALLY agree! The intent is for her to have free cash, I get that. We all deserve to be able to indulge once in awhile and have fun but I do NOT look at child support as a support system to make my wallett fatter and blow it on mani/pedi's! Once in awhile, for sure but this missed the mark for me. And I am a mom with two kids; one dad pays, the other does not. I have had MANY arguments about HOW child support is used and this letter totally perpetuates the idea that we take their money and go blow it on crap!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:

Yeah, I don't buy that. For one thing, it's not funny. And for another, if it WAS a joke worthy of passing around, it would have been a little more entertaining and a little less lame and pathetic.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

No, I actually wrote it. All by myself. I smart like that.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    As a woman with a fiance who deals with an ex-wife who would write something like this with all the seriousness in the world, and who spends every cent of child support on herself while neglecting the kids, well, it was hard to find this amusing at all. If the funny part is supposed to be that women don't actually do this, then it missed its mark entirely.

You and I have a similar situation. My fiance and his daughter's mom were not married, but when she had custody of his daughter, she spent every dime on herself - cigarettes, gas, alcohol, drugs, concert tickets, shopping trips to Sephora, etc. We even have text confirmation of her admitting this. Her daughter came for weekends with us in clothes that were horribly stained, not washed, 2 sizes too small, and she was always dirty. Of course, if he ever got behind (like once when he was laid off), she's griping to Facebook about not getting her child support, etc.

Of course, now that he has sole custody of his daughter because of the hell she was being raised in, we have not seen a cent of child support in 7 months and she goes to court tomorrow on criminal charges for non-support.

I know I'm usually alone in thinking this, but I'm at the extreme end of thinking about what child support should be used for. I feel that it my fiance and I's responsibility to pay for bills, housing, etc, because we would have to do that regardless of it a child was there or not. His daughter has her own banking account that each of us have a debit card to, and the child support (even though we've never gotten any) is set up to direct deposit into that account. It will solely be used on her - clothing, school needs, childcare costs, etc. Any excess goes into her savings account for future use.

And we also live in a state where they garnish your tax return if you're behind in child support, so hopefully we'll be getting a really big check in a few months that we can use to pay his daughter's expenses for the next half of the year while saving our own money.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Looking back, maybe that woman should re-evaluate the screening process she uses before having unprotected sex with random men.

Random men? My husband of 20 years is a random man?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Veronicacoe, we get it, this thread touched a nerve.

That being said, I am a firm believer that whatever you post on the internet is 100% permanent. I can see the OP's post getting misconstrued in a court of law but it's obviously a joke people. Go drink your coffee or whatever your poison is and lighten up.