judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    popcorn.gif

LOVE THIS!! HAAAA
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to respond.

1. It was a joke! It came from being asked to go out with some friends and not being able to because I was broke.

2. I pay for all of my children's needs by myself. They want for nothing.

3. Obviously I know that child support is not to be used to get my drink on. IF I were to receive any money from him, that would be used for the kids thus freeing up my hard earned money to be used for whatever I want.

4. Bite me.
    You forgot one.

5. PCBF http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/409529-pine-cone-bird-feeder
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    Revealing to the world that I married a dumbass who is too broke/irresponsible to pay his alimony/child support and I can't even afford to pay for drinks is not my idea of humor. Its not cheeky or cute. Its tasteless.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Its tasteless.
    So was this response....
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    :noway:
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Revealing to the world that I married a dumbass who is too broke/irresponsible to pay his alimony/child support and I can't even afford to pay for drinks is not my idea of humor. Its not cheeky or cute. Its tasteless.

You are overthinking this thread and in fact the tasteless one.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

According to you. How much do you know about making jokes? Ever done stand up? Ever been a comedy writer?

Because I have and 99% of people on this site are so unfunny it hurts me. But I don't go around telling them. It's considered rude and humor is subjective. But since you think it's ok I'll be right there to let you know if you're funny or not anytime you feel like making a joke.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Isn't the point of child support to support your CHILDREN, not so your ex-wife can go out with friends, get mani/pedis, etc. People who don't take care of their kids, don't call, and generally blow off their children are scum, I agree, but the OP's "letter" centers on herself, and what she could buy for herself, and do by herself (or with adult friends) if she had more money. Oh, and how she could get another husband. I hate to say it, but I feel bad for the kids.

When you don't pay support, it has long and far reaching results that do affect the other parent.

My dad didn'y pay for many years. When the courts finally caught up with him, he did pay but he wanted my mom to give it to us since we were all over 18. Uhm NO! She put off things for herself to pay for us. Juggling bills ruined her credit so now she pays higher interest when she borrows. She was not able to save for an emergency or retirement. She's in her 60s now and can not ever afford to retire.

So Daddy paid out of his social security until he died. And he still owes my mom more than $20k.

I agree with this sentiment whole heartedly. My Dad did pay child support, but since my mom had no skills when my parents divorced, she needed every penny she could get just to give us the basics (and there were times we went without water, heat, electricity, and even a car and a phone for emergencies- and I mean a FAMILY car or phone, not my own car.). My Dad continued to pay until we were all 21, because his order told him to, but after we were out of the house, we left it to Mom. As little as we had growing up, she was the first to go with less so we could have more.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which is funnier, the OP's post or the people's responses that don't get it and got all mad..... :laugh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So, my lesson from this thread: If I receive child support, I must spend every night home alone clipping coupons and wearing second-hand rags because otherwise the child support I'm getting is not being used for the child.

Good to know.
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    LOL.... Internet...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

Darlin', if this was your idea of tasteless, I highly recommend you go back to wherever it was that you came from and avoid this section of the boards entirely.

Personally, I found it hilarious!! (but I'm a classless wench, so what do I know?)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    [
    But do grow up a little.

You can't make me grow up if I don't want to!

And THIS is why I :heart: you! :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:

Yeah, I don't buy that. For one thing, it's not funny. And for another, if it WAS a joke worthy of passing around, it would have been a little more entertaining and a little less lame and pathetic.

It has been thoroughly entertaining for me, I don't know what you're talking about.

But do grow up a little.

You can't make me grow up if I don't want to!

You aren't the boss of her!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    *opens door*
    *reads thread*
    *goes back out to check sign on door, steps back inside*

Out, OUT! GET OUT! How do they always get back in?

*herds them back through the door*

Roaches, I swear it. Roaches.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:

Yeah, I don't buy that. For one thing, it's not funny. And for another, if it WAS a joke worthy of passing around, it would have been a little more entertaining and a little less lame and pathetic.

It has been thoroughly entertaining for me, I don't know what you're talking about.

My point here "funnylady" is that some of us take the issue of child support VERY seriously and women who pull crap like this are what give the resf of us a bad name. To even joke about needing support so you can go out and party and date is in very poor taste and yes, to whomever said it, this post DID touch nerve because I don't feel this is something to joke about it at all. So go ahead a blow up and me and say whatever you want, I honestly don't give a damn. But do grow up a little.

The point of child support is to allow for the children's needs to be met and allow the custodial parent to actually not have to work three jobs and still be too broke for a life. There is nothing wrong with what the OP stated.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

WOW...admitting that YOU married a broke dumbass too is the first step !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO you too should underastand the letter...see we are all in hte same boat the tasteless boat !
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow...some people need to lighten up...

^This! This made me laugh. Oh, and coming from a single mom here who's owed ahh..roughly 18K in child support because ex has NEVER paid, & he goes to court monthly on felony charges over it. OH wait...forgot this part....:sad: Poor me...Poor me.

LoL. It's even early, hadn't finished my coffee and I saw the humor in this. IT WAS A JOKE!!

EXACTLY this^^^

I have two children with a POS ex husband who was ordered to pay $20 f***ing dollars a week child support for two kids cuz he's a loser and he still can't pay it. He doesn't work and he doesn't file taxes so I'm screwed and I still thought this was hilarious!

Get your bunched up panties outta your butts and laugh. It's therapeutic!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    When did paying for your children become an option?
  • gwensmamma06
    Options
    move to Iowa - peeps that are past due on child support get their tax returns withheld, and can't renew their driver's license without bringing it current!

Exactly! I was gonna suggest you move too lol I know there are lots of sexually satisfied ex-wifes here in Iowa! lol