Replies

• gwensmamma06
    Options
    Its tasteless.
    So was this response....

touché
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    Got to love people who don't get sarcasm... I found OP hilarious, but i'm English, apparently we speak fluent sarcasm :P
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm just glad that I'm happily married with children :smile:
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh my geez... this is FANTASTIC!!!! Love it!
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lol
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Love it!! .. and since this is the Chit chat fun and games section.. that should be an indication right there that it was probably meant to be funny and not taken too seriously :)
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Love it!! .. and since this is the Chit chat fun and games section.. that should be an indication right there that it was probably meant to be funny and not taken too seriously :)

Pffft....what a outrageous concept!!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My point here "funnylady" is that some of us take the issue of child support VERY seriously and women who pull crap like this are what give the resf of us a bad name. To even joke about needing support so you can go out and party and date is in very poor taste and yes, to whomever said it, this post DID touch nerve because I don't feel this is something to joke about it at all. So go ahead a blow up and me and say whatever you want, I honestly don't give a damn. But do grow up a little.
    Everything can be joked about. There is no topic that is completely off limits. Sorry. You may have your own set of beliefs about what's funny, what's OK to joke about. And you have the right to not laugh. You have the right to be offended. But you don't get to dictate what can be joked about.

Humor is healing. People can take it as ridicule, disrespect, irreverence, etc. But that is how they choose to take it. Even a sarcastic, mean-spirited joke meant to belittle me can be taken as humorous if I choose to take it that way (especially if it is truly funny). Serious does not mean no jokes allowed. I've had bad things happen in my life and to loved ones. But I joke about them because what else can I do? After the grief/shock/pain/anger wears off, the humor is the good part. All that intense stuff - while necessary - is temporary. But the humor/finding the funny can last forever.

I don't disagree that child support is a serious topic. But I disagree with the idea that because it's a serious topic, no one should joke about it. It is a topic worthy of jokes, as are all topics.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't collect either from my ex, but we have an arrangement without the Court getting into it. Thankfully, we get along very well and he and his family are still a part of mine.
  • gaberieger
    Options
    As a dude on the other side, I could never relate to not supporting my daughter... she is my #1 priority in life. But, I can tell you - here in Texas if you get behind even the smallest amount, they will hunt you down and then take you out if you don't take care of your responsibilities. That includes tax return withholding, jail time, etc. If he gets paid under the table... eventually, it will catch up to him.

I would say, just be patient - but not knowing your full situation, all I can say is hang in there and be the bigger person. It's just money.

And as a counter-argument, who pays me to support my daughter when I have her? All my "support" money gets sent to her mother. Just saying. :) I know every situation is different, just adding my 2 cents. Hang in there.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    128786974071285326.jpg
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options

4. Bite me.

LUV THIS!:heart::heart:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    popcorn.gif

hehehe...my thoughts exactly!
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    I am the queen of sarcasm. That said, this is a very bad idea. He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Talk to him, go to court, garnish his wages if need be. Or am I the only one who prefers the drama-free direct route?

No, there are just very few people, apparently, that feel the same way as you and I.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This was funny! This forum is called "Chit-chat, fun, games"!!!! So those of you who aren't in the mood for "Chit-chat, FUN, and games" should probably lighten up or get lost.
  • wendyc122005
    Options
    Have to say that I stopped on page 3 of the thread, but . . . .

Where does it say that a person (man or woman) receiving child support has to stop living their life? As long as the children are being cared for and not going without I don't see the issue with a mother or father using money that they earned on themselves. Truly, how often do you find a situation that the non-custodial parent is contributing more to financial support of the household that their child / children is living in? Not often. So if there is a surplus of cash why shouldn't she have something for herself?

The truth is that there are parents that put their children 1st and their are parents that don't. I see everyday parents that blow their money on unnecessary things while their kids go without. This happens is all kinds of family situations . . . even in families with both parents living together. Priorities, that is what makes the difference.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I am the queen of sarcasm. That said, this is a very bad idea. He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Talk to him, go to court, garnish his wages if need be. Or am I the only one who prefers the drama-free direct route?

No, there are just very few people, apparently, that feel the same way as you and I.

First of all...it's a joke. Get over it. Some people choose to laugh about their crappy situations, the humor gets them through it. Who are you to judge?

Second of all, th OP hasn't posted anything about her IRL self here, so the chances of this very important document making it into the hands of some judge who is going to side with the douche-canoe who has been shirking his child support/spousal maintenance responsibilities are...well...virtually nil.

Since this is the "Chit-Chat, Fun, etc" section of MFP, please take this in the spirit in which it was intended: tongue in cheek, with a grain of salt, or any other trite cliche you wish to throw in there. If you don't like it, tough cookies. No one forced you to post...or come back here to see how many Philistines AREN'T supporting you--that was your decision. You could have slunk off and sent pithy PM's with other like-minded people, making fun of the heartless b!tches that posted in support of the OP.

Please get off your high horse...you might hit your head on something. :flowerforyou:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Just as an aside. Not sure what it's like in the good ole US of A, but here in Canada, I can guarantee that if someone brought a letter like that into court, the letter bringer, would get a good old scolding from the judge. Judges don't care about ex's petty little gripes and snipes and *****es and whatever. They only care about what's best for the children. If the recipient of said money wants to spend the payors money on pedicures and date nights, the judge doesn't give one freaking **** as long as the children are being cared for with a roof over their heads and food on the table and love in their hearts.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give 50% of you a damn sedative and a swift kick to the shins...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give 50% of you a damn sedative and a swift kick to the shins...
    Did we have a date friday night? That sounds familiar.