Email to the ex-husband

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Just as an aside. Not sure what it's like in the good ole US of A, but here in Canada, I can guarantee that if someone brought a letter like that into court, the letter bringer, would get a good old scolding from the judge. Judges don't care about ex's petty little gripes and snipes and *****es and whatever. They only care about what's best for the children. If the recipient of said money wants to spend the payors money on pedicures and date nights, the judge doesn't give one freaking **** as long as the children are being cared for with a roof over their heads and food on the table and love in their hearts.

Hopefully the judge would also give a damn the the dude isn't paying child support that was previously court ordered.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give 50% of you a damn sedative and a swift kick to the shins...
    Did we have a date friday night? That sounds familiar.

Yes, and where the f*** are my flowers??
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I have to say you're all doing it WRONG!

Step 1. Get your freaky deaky on.
    Step 2. Poop out a kid.
    Step 3. Sell kid into slave labor
    Step 4. Profit$
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    He will produce it as evidence at court, and courts don't care about tone or sarcasm, they care about exactly what you wrote. If you wrote you're going to misuse the funds, they will take it as such and it will not end well for you.

Just as an aside. Not sure what it's like in the good ole US of A, but here in Canada, I can guarantee that if someone brought a letter like that into court, the letter bringer, would get a good old scolding from the judge. Judges don't care about ex's petty little gripes and snipes and *****es and whatever. They only care about what's best for the children. If the recipient of said money wants to spend the payors money on pedicures and date nights, the judge doesn't give one freaking **** as long as the children are being cared for with a roof over their heads and food on the table and love in their hearts.

Same in the US. Each state sets a percentage of income (in New York, for example, it's 17% or net pay) that the noncustodial parent has to pay. No negotiating. And the judge doesn't care what that money's used for.

For me, I have a full time job and get child support. From the total of that money, I pay rent, utilities, keep my car on the road, buy food, clothing, cleaning supplies and other necessities, plus I'm paying off credit card bills that built up during the EIGHT YEARS I didn't see a dime for the sperm donor.

Whatever's left over is mine to do with as I please. My daughter has everything she needs and quite a few things she doesn't. So, tell me I'm not using that support the "right way."

And, by the way, when she turns 18 and starts college, my support money will probably stop. She still will need financial support, but it will come from me from there on.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Only money I received from my ex in child support was what little his girlfriends would pay to keep him out of jail. I was working a minimum wage job and supporting five children on my own.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Dear Ex-husband (I called him something a little more R rated but this is a PG-13 site):

I would like to discuss with you your non-payment of child support/alimony. I have decided that I want to start dating again, and I could really use the extra money. While I have been able to manage fine without you meeting your financial obligations, if you were to start paying me regularly it would free up money to pay for things like babysitters, dinner with my friends, and drinks. I know that you know that I never paid for a drink in my life (thanks guys!), but it is nice to actually offer to pay, and to do that I really need to have money in my wallet. Extra money would also allow me to get my hair done, mani/pedi's, and of course bikini-waxing, because you never know what might happen.

It would actually benefit (I was going to say behoove but I know you don't know what that means) you to meet your responsibilites because a sexually satisfied ex-wife is a happy ex-wife! That means when you blow-off your son's game again or forget to call the kids for weeks, I will be less likely to b*tch you out about it. Ultimately, by paying alimony now so I can date, it means that you won't have to pay it later. I am sure you will ask what I mean by that, it means I will hopefully be remarried.

I trust that I will be receiving a check from you in the very near future.

Sincerely,
    Ex-wife
    No secret why he left....
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    move to Iowa - peeps that are past due on child support get their tax returns withheld, and can't renew their driver's license without bringing it current!

Many states already do this. In my situation the state won't suspend his license until he owes over a certain dollar amount. Something like 20,000 (??). What's the point then? It's not like he can pull that amount of money to get current.

I gave up on child support/alimony a loooong time ago. I receive $24/week (when he's working), but I'm happy to work more hours, shop @ the Salvation Army, clip coupons, etc...

Ya wanna know why? Because I don't have to deal with his *kitten*! LOL
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When did paying for your children become an option?

When the father decided to not work or file taxes. Mine got away with this.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Dear Ex-husband (I called him something a little more R rated but this is a PG-13 site):

I would like to discuss with you your non-payment of child support/alimony. I have decided that I want to start dating again, and I could really use the extra money. While I have been able to manage fine without you meeting your financial obligations, if you were to start paying me regularly it would free up money to pay for things like babysitters, dinner with my friends, and drinks. I know that you know that I never paid for a drink in my life (thanks guys!), but it is nice to actually offer to pay, and to do that I really need to have money in my wallet. Extra money would also allow me to get my hair done, mani/pedi's, and of course bikini-waxing, because you never know what might happen.

It would actually benefit (I was going to say behoove but I know you don't know what that means) you to meet your responsibilites because a sexually satisfied ex-wife is a happy ex-wife! That means when you blow-off your son's game again or forget to call the kids for weeks, I will be less likely to b*tch you out about it. Ultimately, by paying alimony now so I can date, it means that you won't have to pay it later. I am sure you will ask what I mean by that, it means I will hopefully be remarried.

Sincerely,
    Ex-wife

Ahhh wouldn't be a good thread without a comment from you. :flowerforyou:
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

Sincerely,
    Ex-wife

You know what they say when you assume? You look like an *kitten*. Isn't that how it goes?

I left him dear.
  • fluffyrn12
    fluffyrn12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There's no way in hell I'd give you money so you can have money to date...wth LOL...seriously? That's called abusing the system. It's created to support the CHILD not the mothers entertainment. Unreal.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All i read is a frustrated mom! You're just venting. Too many ****en saints on this site.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    There's no way in hell I'd give you money so you can have money to date...wth LOL...seriously? That's called abusing the system. It's created to support the CHILD not the mothers entertainment. Unreal.

Maybe you should read the entire post before you comment? Mmmkthx.
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    As a father who has always paid child support to an x wife who spends the $$ on herself I find this to be in poor taste. It is really sad when people feel they should be supported by someone else. Child support is to support the child, not party with friends.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

Sincerely,
    Ex-wife

While I do have a sense of humor, I hope you don't really send that sort of stuff. It seems a bit immature doesn't it? (Meant with all due respect). There is a reason why he's your ex hun. He doesn't need to know that stuff- seems like you're just throwing it in his face.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Very poor taste.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure I would even know what to do with that $40 a month he was supposed to pay. :wink: We got along with out it, we got along without him.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    As a father who has always paid child support to an x wife who spends the $$ on herself I find this to be in poor taste. It is really sad when people feel they should be supported by someone else. Child support is to support the child, not party with friends.

While I somewhat agree, it does include alimony in her statement.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

Again, read my comments and then maybe you wouldn't jump to a wrong conclusion?