Email to the ex-husband

Options

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:

Yeah, I don't buy that. For one thing, it's not funny. And for another, if it WAS a joke worthy of passing around, it would have been a little more entertaining and a little less lame and pathetic.

I would like to see your degree or "Czar of Humor" certificate from our president.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I wish I could literally ::HEADDESK:: all over this thread........

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

::HEADDESK::
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The poster of this message DIDN"T write it! This is an OLD joke email meant to make people laugh. I would hope all of us here on MFP are smart enough to realize that.:laugh:

Yeah, I don't buy that. For one thing, it's not funny. And for another, if it WAS a joke worthy of passing around, it would have been a little more entertaining and a little less lame and pathetic.

I look forward to your next attempt at humor. Think you'll like it when people call it lame and pathetic?
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

It has been thoroughly entertaining for me, I don't know what you're talking about.
  • beebabe
    beebabe Posts: 67
    Options
    Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. I don't see the humor.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

it doesn't appear that way!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    This makes my day better for multiple reasons:

1.) I have no children.

2.) I have no husband...or ex for that matter.

3.) I pay for my own waxes.

Good luck with your child support, spousal support or/and alimony. :drinker:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

No, I actually wrote it. All by myself. I smart like that.

**Strokes funny_girl's hair** Yes you did! You a good girl! Here, treat!
  • jennajava
    Options
    Thank you!! My thoughts exactly. I don't see the humor.

What a sad world you must live in.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Joke aside, am I the only one that read it as 'IF you paid me your child support, I could use my OWN money for other crap.' ?!

You know what they say when you assume...
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

It has been thoroughly entertaining for me, I don't know what you're talking about.

My point here "funnylady" is that some of us take the issue of child support VERY seriously and women who pull crap like this are what give the resf of us a bad name. To even joke about needing support so you can go out and party and date is in very poor taste and yes, to whomever said it, this post DID touch nerve because I don't feel this is something to joke about it at all. So go ahead a blow up and me and say whatever you want, I honestly don't give a damn. But do grow up a little.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to respond.

1. It was a joke! It came from being asked to go out with some friends and not being able to because I was broke.

2. I pay for all of my children's needs by myself. They want for nothing.

3. Obviously I know that child support is not to be used to get my drink on. IF I were to receive any money from him, that would be used for the kids thus freeing up my hard earned money to be used for whatever I want.

4. Bite me.

I totally understand what your saying and the frustration of feeling strapped b/c there isn't anything extra to do much with. I too spend MANY nights/occassions home b/c their just isn't any extra for babysitter, etc..
    I think the problem here though is that you posted a sarcastic letter and people don't "Know" you.. tone is lost and for many people this is such a sensitive subject that I am sure it just triggered lots of emotional reactions. And I think, unfortunately, you mistintentionally perpetuated the idea of misuse by "his" money for those that are looking for that kind of evidence.

Please just know you are not alone with your frustration. Nonpaying parents make it incredibly difficult for the primary parent to meet lots of goals and hell yes, once in awhile actually get out for evening!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    As a woman with a fiance who deals with an ex-wife who would write something like this with all the seriousness in the world, and who spends every cent of child support on herself while neglecting the kids, well, it was hard to find this amusing at all. If the funny part is supposed to be that women don't actually do this, then it missed its mark entirely.

Why do people often assume the recepients of CS use it for themselves??? My ex didn't understand this either. He was sure I spent it on myself because I started wearing contacts (paid by insurance) and my nails are always done (by me). I bought a new car because it was easier to budget car payments than unexpected repairs on my 15 years old van with it's 257,000+ miles. I went back to school (paid by grants and my employer).

He always wanted an accounting of how I spent HIS money so here is a partial list: I paid an extra $100 per month because having a child requires I have a two bedroom apartment. And higher electric bills because we all know that no matter how much we nag and remind, they don't learn to turn off lights until they start paying their own electric bills. Kids eat. And they bring over friends who also eat. They have school fees, school lunches, and school supplies. They use shampoo, conditioner, soap, and toilet paper. Lots and lots of toilet paper. They need gifts for friends' birthday parties. They have hobbies, music lessons, swimming lessons and sports. They need clothes and shoes because they grow out or wear out. Their clothes need to be washed. That takes soap, fabric softener, and - in my apartment - quarters. Teen girls need feminine products. Teens need driver's education classes and guess who pays the steep increase in car insurance when they get their license? Next comes SAT and ACT tests. Those cost. Then college application fees.

Boy was he surprised when he found out how expensive it really is! He quickly realized his measly support payments didn't even cover 1/4 the cost of raising our daughter.
  • jennajava
    Options
    But do grow up a little.

Yes, it is extremely mature to make a big deal out of a joke. I think you should step back and think about who is blowing up at whom.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like what you've written.... as a single mom to a little girl whose father doesn't pay child support, I understand where you are coming from.

However, "child support" is supposed to be money that supports the child. I probably would have spun my letter in that direction rather than in the "look at me, I want to date" direction. I feel like that will cause an argument... regardless of how you REALLY want to use the money, it's meant to "support" the "child".

Agreed! The alimony on the other hand...all for you.

As long as the bills are paid and the kid has clothes, a home, good food and all his needs met and a few extras......

I SAY SPEND ANY MONEY it goes in to one account I am sure how can she stay locked up and never do a dam thing.

I raised TWO very well adjusted children with a very low child support. When the money came in I made the decisions. It is up to the primary caretaker to make them. If the other parent does not like it then they can just pay half of all expenses and believe me in most cases that would be more that most child support settlements. (ex: rent, electricity, gas to heat, gas to transport, water, internet for school work, clothing, school supplies, groceries, school lunches (we all know that is some how a drain), sport sign up fees, stuff for the sports and what about out of pocket exspensed for medical. and what about things like prom or graduation parties or birthday parties.

The list goes on and on. Some how a primary parents usually come up with all this stuff so she/he has spent the child support and the alimoney on the child. If the primary is lucky enough to sneak in a drink let alone an evening out GO FOR IT!!!

I do not pass judgement on this person. I have been there and know now matter what is said that she will never spend what is given for the child on any thing else. Get real people
  • jennajava
    Options
    Joke aside, am I the only one that read it as 'IF you paid me your child support, I could use my OWN money for other crap.' ?!

You know what they say when you assume...

Not the only one.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

But do grow up a little.

You can't make me grow up if I don't want to!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Wow...some people need to lighten up...

^This! This made me laugh. Oh, and coming from a single mom here who's owed ahh..roughly 18K in child support because ex has NEVER paid, & he goes to court monthly on felony charges over it. OH wait...forgot this part....:sad: Poor me...Poor me.

LoL. It's even early, hadn't finished my coffee and I saw the humor in this. IT WAS A JOKE!!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Isn't the point of child support to support your CHILDREN, not so your ex-wife can go out with friends, get mani/pedis, etc. People who don't take care of their kids, don't call, and generally blow off their children are scum, I agree, but the OP's "letter" centers on herself, and what she could buy for herself, and do by herself (or with adult friends) if she had more money. Oh, and how she could get another husband. I hate to say it, but I feel bad for the kids.

When you don't pay support, it has long and far reaching results that do affect the other parent.

My dad didn'y pay for many years. When the courts finally caught up with him, he did pay but he wanted my mom to give it to us since we were all over 18. Uhm NO! She put off things for herself to pay for us. Juggling bills ruined her credit so now she pays higher interest when she borrows. She was not able to save for an emergency or retirement. She's in her 60s now and can not ever afford to retire.

So Daddy paid out of his social security until he died. And he still owes my mom more than $20k.