Gym starers -thoughts? feelings? outrage?

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I get my fair share of starers. They stare while I'm shopping (sometimes follow me too), while I'm out at lunch, at the library, on my walks. It's only fun when the person staring me down is attractive. That's not the case most of the time.

Edited...

Since I'm being called out for this quite publicly... it is no more...

So what exactly are they staring at, sorry Im not seeing it.
    :noway: They are probably staring at the beautiful woman that is near them at the store, on lunch, at the library, or out walking. But I suppose some people just can't find the beauty in other women. *shrug*
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I get my fair share of starers. They stare while I'm shopping (sometimes follow me too), while I'm out at lunch, at the library, on my walks. It's only fun when the person staring me down is attractive. That's not the case most of the time.

Edited...

:noway: They are probably staring at the beautiful woman that is near them at the store, on lunch, at the library, or out walking. But I suppose some people just can't find the beauty in other women. *shrug*

I was being facetious. Her post came off as a tad arrogant hence my reply.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If they just look and go back to what they're doing, I'm cool with it. Be respectful and I'll appreciate the subtle acknowledgement that you dig what I'm workin' with. I do not appreciate being interupted while in the gym though, which is why I rarely make eye contact.

One guy was a bit aggressive, following me all around the gym before coming up to me and saying, "Damn! You're an amazon woman and I LIKE it!". I laughed and got the hell out of there but not before spotting him watching me through the window as I walked to my car. I switched up the time I go to the gym only to avoid him.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm flattered if someone wants to look.

I don't work out in a gym much, but when I'm out running I get a lot of car honks. Now, my hair is pulled up in an unflattering bun, I'm dripping sweat, bright red and, well, I've seen photos from races of me running and I don't get what they're excited about. But the attention is welcome. :-) (As long as it doesn't get scary creepy, of course.)

they arent looking at your face or hair........;)

lol
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I just stare back. We can totally do the whole staring contest. I usually win.

th_SamuelLJacksonStareDown.gif
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Edited...

Yeah...I don't know because I'm so hideous. :huh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

Edited...

Stare envy, that is what I sense in this one.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm gym stare at people who are in good shape in kind of a, "I can't wait to look like that" way. It's motivating I guess.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

Edited...

Yeah...I don't know because I'm so hideous. :huh:
    Aaaargh without the sarcasm font, I can't tell if you are serious
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    most of us men don't know the art of subtle checking out. most gawk...which is really awkward for both people.

but hey, at least you are getting good attention. albeit it a little cheesey and creepy (the wink...)
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    If they just look and go back to what they're doing, I'm cool with it. Be respectful and I'll appreciate the subtle acknowledgement that you dig what I'm workin' with. I do not appreciate being interupted while in the gym though, which is why I rarely make eye contact.

One guy was a bit aggressive, following me all around the gym before coming up to me and saying, "Damn! You're an amazon woman and I LIKE it!". I laughed and got the hell out of there but not before spotting him watching me through the window as I walked to my car. I switched up the time I go to the gym only to avoid him.

Forget staring that stoker material lol some dudes are just sad!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    would love to look good enough for people to stare!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    meh, what are you gonna do? Snatch the eyes out of their heads? As long as no one is playing grabby hands or being nasty about it to my face then who cares.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    as long as they are staring cause im hot guess its ok ....Dear GOD dont let it be cause the bike gave me a crotch merf or a sweaty titty made my shirt a little see thru LMAO i pray its not cause of that

LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I love the female form and I am going to look. There is a huge difference between an appraising glance and a lecherous leer, though.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Edited...

and yours didnt?

mal is the sweetest nicest funniest PERSON on my friends list and she's good looking to boot. but like i always say...
    haters_gonna_hate_gif.gif
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It is hard not to notice really attractive women at the gym... but what I like to do now is watch the guys checking her out as she walks buy. MUCH more fun then just getting an eyeful for myself.

Us guys are much less slick then we think! LOL
  • mo_is_here
    Options

Edited...

and yours didnt?

mal is the sweetest nicest funniest PERSON on my friends list and she's good looking to boot. but like i always say...

Mine was meant to be sarcastic, not arrogant. There's a difference.

Hey if she feels that everyone she comes into contact with is giving her the stare then good for her. It's nice to be confident. I wish I had that much confidence.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    1Not-Sure-If-She-Is-Staring-At-Me_dbad72830c749db4cbb9ca1cf9ca4ff0.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

and yours didnt?

Agreed. A true beauty. And beautiful person. Think I'll go stare at her profile pic now.