Gym starers -thoughts? feelings? outrage?

Options

Replies

• eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Also there's the woman staring at woman and the comments, does she think she looks good in that? Why would she wear a skirt (tennis) to get on a stepper, the makeup and so on. I've had to blast my music so I don't hear those conversations, although funny it is distracting.

There's as much of that type of staring than men looking, a man might think to himself damn she has a great body a woman that b$%(# I bet she doesn't eat or doesn't do anything but workout snob, sorry girls you know it is true.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Looking is OK, but staring is wrong.
  • swiftfox82
    Options
    lol the only people that stare at me that i know of are the high school girls that are probably thinking "omg is she gay? or she looks terrible" lol i only go to the gym to get a major sweat on that is what i pay for and i don't get to go there very often since i live far away. I always go with my husband so i think that deters some guys stares that i might have been getting. I only get good stares when i go shopping ...when im not all sweaty lol
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    73b286ab51af52be23ebde4641e4715e.jpg
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I get my fair share of starers. They stare while I'm shopping (sometimes follow me too), while I'm out at lunch, at the library, on my walks. It's only fun when the person staring me down is attractive. That's not the case most of the time.

:laugh: Yea, I'm with her

However at home my daughter likes to cheer for me "go mommy go, go mommy go!! woo-hoo! HOT!" yes, she even licks her finger and touches it to her butt making the sizzle noise :laugh: My kid is awesome
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I have to admit, I get stares.

When I start doing intervals in the treadmill, people immediately start looking around going WTF is THAT?

"Anybody hear that? It's an... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here."

:laugh:

I stare at the grunters sometimes. I admit it. :laugh:

And there's an older very petite woman at my gym that runs ridiculously fast. Sometimes I stare at her in awe, she's like a tiny little grey-haired hummingbird.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I need a LOL now.

stare-pic.jpg

funny5.jpg
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    that shirt made me LOL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I don't use a gym but I get my fair share of starers. They stare while I'm shopping (sometimes follow me too), while I'm out at lunch, at the library, on my walks. It's only fun when the person staring me down is attractive. That's not the case most of the time.

Edited...

Since I'm being called out for this quite publicly... it is no more...

So what exactly are they staring at, sorry Im not seeing it.
    :noway: They are probably staring at the beautiful woman that is near them at the store, on lunch, at the library, or out walking. But I suppose some people just can't find the beauty in other women. *shrug*

I was being facetious. Her post came off as a tad arrogant hence my reply.

and yours didnt?

mal is the sweetest nicest funniest PERSON on my friends list and she's good looking to boot. but like i always say...
    haters_gonna_hate_gif.gif

Mine was meant to be sarcastic, not arrogant. There's a difference.

Hey if she feels that everyone she comes into contact with is giving her the stare then good for her. It's nice to be confident. I wish I had that much confidence.

Stare envy. That is how yours came across. Nothing sarcastic about it.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    <3 memes.
    1Not-Sure-If-She-Is-Staring-At-Me_dbad72830c749db4cbb9ca1cf9ca4ff0.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    would love to look good enough for people to stare!

Well, I can only see your face, but I think you're quite lovely.

Even as a straight woman, I sometimes find myself staring at other women who are beautiful (face, body, whatever).
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Edited...

:noway: They are probably staring at the beautiful woman that is near them at the store, on lunch, at the library, or out walking. But I suppose some people just can't find the beauty in other women. *shrug*

I was being facetious. Her post came off as a tad arrogant hence my reply.

Um, because she's beautiful....its not arrogance if it's fact
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    by the way, i look at everyone. male and female. only if they're attractive. also, if they look ridiculous or are just plain, um, unblessed in the looks department, then i'll look too. because that's fun. sometimes i stare at something or someone and can't look away...it's like my OCD. i just lock and then i try to look away and then it's like a freaking moth to a lightbulb. can't. look. away.
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There are mirrors every-freakin'-where in the gym. How do you not end up staring at someone at some point?
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get a few glances from time to time, but probably because of the 60# dumbbells I'm grabbing. The ones who outright stare are in their 60's and totally inappropriate. I usually wear old t shirts and soccer shorts - and it's funny when they assume I "play for the other team." There's a few guys there I can't help but peek at....they have bodies like Michelangelo's David. I try to be brief and discreet when sampling the eye candy.
  • knipperhd
    Options
    At 5:30 in the morning I am lucky to have my eyes open when I get on the treadmill some days
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I look but don't stare. I actually like to see the different exercises people are doing. All cardio equipment faces the machines and free weights so I'm looking that way anyway. I have never given a nod or wink but I will smile if you look at me! Lol!

^ -- What he said. I also notice other members' body changes; for example, last night, I noticed a particular female who finally shedded the super baggy clothes to show off her progress -- she has definitely shrunk! These types of observations are fuel for me to keep going.

Fitness centers are public places -- we all know that when we sign up, so it's unrealistic to expect people to wear blinders. I once had a woman who gauged her workout against my machine's readouts: Her aim was to exceed my stats. It was a bit annoying, but I took the attitude, "Go for it, it's your heart attack, not mine." (I'm so not competitive.)

Regarding those that stare, ignore them. This is one of those "Don't sweat the small stuff" issues.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options

Edited...

Mal is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

hatersgonnahate.gif

Nuff said
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It is hard not to notice really attractive women at the gym... but what I like to do now is watch the guys checking her out as she walks buy. MUCH more fun then just getting an eyeful for myself.

Us guys are much less slick then we think! LOL

i admit to watching the guys watch the girls its one way i entertain myself at the gym :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of times, people are looking and we don't know it, anyway. When I run in my neighborhood, I go through an office complex. It's a circle and a pretty steep hill, so great for the glutes, legs and endurance. I've been doing that route off and on for a couple years.

When I was down to my lowest weight since starting Weight Watchers (I've regained some, but that's another story), I was walking through there and a woman waiting for a bus after work told me she'd been watching me and guessed almost exactly how much weight I'd lost, told me I was doing great and to keep it up. :-)