30 Day Shred starting Monday 23rd Jan

Options
Hi everyone! Last time I did the 30DS I lost inches and lbs like crazy. I'm wanting to do it again but have had three false starts so I am setting Monday as the day to start and carry it all the way through the 30 Days. Anyone fancy doing it with me to keep each other motivated?

I would start earlier but this weekend is my hen weekend (starting from tomorrow) so I know I'm not going to be well behaved this week! :ohwell:

Replies

• AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started this week so I will only be a few days ahead of you. If that's okay I am down! Do we just post here? How do we keep in touch with each other? I just left another fitness forum to come to MFP full time so I'm a little fresh with things.

Just let me know!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm down. The lose 5 pounds in January isn't going to work and I think I'm re-setting my goals. I'd like to do a quick shred though
  • mollldolll12
    Options
    what kind of foods are you eating and what are you doing for the 30 day shred??? Just looking for some tips :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem! I cant stay on track....I get bored with it, but I should make myself do it. I'm gonna try to start with ya on Monday.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I started this week so I will only be a few days ahead of you. If that's okay I am down! Do we just post here? How do we keep in touch with each other? I just left another fitness forum to come to MFP full time so I'm a little fresh with things.

Just let me know!

That sounds fab. Last time we had a group we checked in and said what day we were on and what level. So, it doesn't matter that you're a few days ahead at all. I found it really good having a group because it made me feel like I'd be letting myself down if everyone else managed it and I didn't. Welcome aboard!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Hurray! Very pleased to have fellow shredders who will feel the pain!

So my suggestion (like I say, it worked for me last time and I have kept the weight/inches off - I just have more to lose) is for everyone to measure themselves over the weekend/on Monday before we start. You can post your weight and measurements here if you want or if you're not comfortable then keep it for your own reference. I think we should check in every 10 days and say how many inches we've lost and how many lbs.

I'm going to do 10 days at level 1 then 10 days at level 2 and finally 10 days at level 3 and I'm going to do it every day with no rest days. Obviously if you want to do it differently or want to have rest days then that is totally fine too.

I'm thinking that I'll end up posting on Tuesday about how agonising my thighs feel because I find it tough on my legs. No pain no gain though, right?

:laugh:
  • andforpoise
    Options
    i keep hearing great things about 30DS and want to try too! Going to try and find the program somewheres! I'll start on the 23rd with ya!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and could not even squat my way down to the toilet yesterday! LOL Today is not as bad but I am definitely going to have to add some more cardio in with it!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    bump
  • simplymily
    Options
    I was suppose to start this past Monday but there a stomach virus spreading in our home and I'm still easing my way back to food =/ so I'd love to start with you guys this coming Monday!!!
  • loki3617
    loki3617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and I'd love to join you. trying to work up the energy to do it now actually lol. measurements will follow later.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I started last week and im on level 2 this week. Always looking for more support. Count me....Frustrated im not loosing lbs. I didnt loose much the first time I did it either.....
  • kelcrummer
    kelcrummer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!!! Where can I find an outline of the program?
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try it but I have no clue what a 30 day shred is :P
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would love to start with you on the 23rd...been wanting to start this have heard so many great things about it but won't be able to purchase the video til this weekend so you can count me in. I think at the end before and after pictures would be a great idea too cause most before and aft pics I have seen from ppl are amazing and it would be great to share with others who are on the same track. Just an idea but thanks in advance for the motivation and support.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am interested but can someone let me know the details of the 30 day shred please?
  • Katrob9
    Options
    30 Day Shred is a DVD from the amazing Jillian Michaels - a lot of people have had success with it, including myself first time I did it. You can buy the DVD from play.com or Amazon for about £5, I'm not sure whether you can download it from anywhere though.

I'm going to do bits of cardio with it and just drink lots of water and eat sensibly so hopefully will see results. There is a diet book that you can use with it I think but I'm just doing the DVD.
  • Katrob9
    Options
    I would love to start with you on the 23rd...been wanting to start this have heard so many great things about it but won't be able to purchase the video til this weekend so you can count me in. I think at the end before and after pictures would be a great idea too cause most before and aft pics I have seen from ppl are amazing and it would be great to share with others who are on the same track. Just an idea but thanks in advance for the motivation and support.

I think before and after pics are a great idea! Bit scared of what my before pic will look like but hey ho, that's why we're on ewight loss journeys isn't it?
  • kelcrummer
    kelcrummer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found a lot of it on You Tube. It's probably not legal, but hey! it works.
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never heard of the 30ds but obviously it must be amazing and i love Jillian...i really want to try so i think im game too..i am just going to have to try and find it this weekend so i can start on Monday with everyone else... The first two weeks ive been just been getting adjusted to eating habits now i am ready for the exercise portion and this sounds like just the thing. :)