30 Day Shred starting Monday 23rd Jan

Options

Replies

• leoma280
    Options
    Could I also have an invite too please? I too, plan on starting this coming Monday :)

10030898.png
  • nlauback
    Options
    Im in also!!
  • nlauback
    Options
    Can I also have an invite??
  • minicazzybee
    Options
    Ooooh! Perfect! The DVD has been taunting me from the bookshelf ever since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I'm definately in and sounds like a fabulous idea!
    Caroline xxx
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    For all of you looking to buy the 30DS program, I'm pretty sure I got mine at Wal-Mart for around $12. I know you can order it on walmart.com for around $7. I'm sure eBay would have it too.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'd like to give this a try. I have the DVD, but stopped after about a week due to a bad cold and never got back to it. already on week 3 of my diet, so this is a good time to start. Thx!!
  • nlauback
    Options
    13016050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Would love an invite as well are we posting measurements or just weight
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Are we making a group?! I was starting this week too but we also had a horrible stomach flu and it is still slowly going away. So far today I've only been able to eat a piece of toast two eggs a banana and a tbs of peanut butter! So that gives me a few days to get my body fully back to normal! :-) lol I did it once this week before all this started and was so sore!
  • ChelseyBag
    Options
    I started this week so I will only be a few days ahead of you. If that's okay I am down! Do we just post here? How do we keep in touch with each other? I just left another fitness forum to come to MFP full time so I'm a little fresh with things.

Just let me know!

That sounds fab. Last time we had a group we checked in and said what day we were on and what level. So, it doesn't matter that you're a few days ahead at all. I found it really good having a group because it made me feel like I'd be letting myself down if everyone else managed it and I didn't. Welcome aboard!

Hi! I started this last night! Can I join!
  • cutiekay99
    Options
    I want in! I have also been off to a few false starts, but really want to try it for 30 consecutive days. Can I have an invite to the group?
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Last time I did the 30DS I lost inches and lbs like crazy. I'm wanting to do it again but have had three false starts so I am setting Monday as the day to start and carry it all the way through the 30 Days. Anyone fancy doing it with me to keep each other motivated?

I would start earlier but this weekend is my hen weekend (starting from tomorrow) so I know I'm not going to be well behaved this week! :ohwell:

I have been reading about this all day! I am soooo going to start on Monday!!! Super excited!!
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi could you send me an invite for the group as well? I did it in the summer of 2010 and it really works - a lot of people give up on level 2 but level 3 is in fact more enjoyable! When I finished I used to do just that level every now and again to keep my fitness up - but since then it's been on the shelf.

However, I started it again last Friday and did 5 days in a row - was really motivated, but then went out for a few drinks Tuesday night and I have had a headache since, so this will get me going again.

Thanks x
  • tracy1727
    tracy1727 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bought mine so I'm in too. Can I get an invite?
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I'm IN! The last time I did the 30DS, I lost 19 pounds and dropped down several sizes. That video is intense! Please invite me!
  • tinyowllove
    Options
    I tried to start this last week and failed miserably after 2 days, I could hardly move! I want to try again starting Monday too, the same day I start my new job. Time for a fresh start on everything. Can I get an invite please?
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I do 30 mins a day on my elliptical trainer, should I be doing that too?

Can I also get an invite?

Thanks! :)
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    i had planned on starting on jan 2 but have only done it 5 times since then, i want to start fully dedicated in the morning so i'll be just a few days ahead of you :) question, when you did it the first time, did you do it everyday??

Yep, when I did it first time round I did it every day for the 30 days. I don't take a rest day because if I do then it turns into a rest week! I just have poor motivation skills I know doing it a few times a week works well for some people

muscles build on your rest days. you should schedule at least one rest day a week to avoid fatigue and stress. honestly, you should only do a routine like 30DS 3-4 times a week.

if you don't take a rest day, you will get hurt and then you'll have to take a rest week.

You're entitled to your opinion but I know what works for me and what makes me feel good. I don't take rest days, I know it works for other people but I just don't do it. I'm careful when I exercise and enjoy the exercise I choose to do.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Invites sent!! :)

Tinyowllove, that is a lovely outlook and congrats on the new job. Shayjgordon, I am doing other exercise on top of the shred but only because it is stuff I really love to do - like bellydancing classes and my new found love for wii zumba. I think you need to see how you feel and just go with the flow. :)