• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phoebe for reminding me.

Hope you guys find this OK.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY..........Hope you all have a wonderful day......and remember to wear that green......:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    AND HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S TO ALL OF YOU. i GOT MY GREEN ON.

Been to Walmart and got some exercise in. ready for this day. Also got my 1966 WW book in the mail this morning. now I wont have to guess at it anymore. Be reading up on it after lunch. of salad with chicken, Sl. apples. and a big bowl of shedded lettuce . Slice of toast. 2 T light dressing.

CALIE
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This seems a little confusing for some. Do anybody have any suggestions? Should we just o on with this one, I have ? try it untill they lock us out again. Its up to you guys Let us know.

Hey Jeffrey I have the Tai Chi for seniors tape. Drug it out of the closet have had it for years used it once. I am watching it now. There is a 92 year old lady doing it So I should be able to do it is by Mark Johnson. And have the e-mail address and a web site to go to. Will check it out.
    Will let you know how I like it.

Calie
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm married to Barbiecat she encouraged me post an introduction here. So here I am. Name's Jim but close friends call me Jake, not a long story just boring. I'm new to the site and have watched Barb really enjoy it. I like keeping track of my progress on paper so to speak so this fits in well. Anyhow if it's all right with you I'll show up here occasionally and try to not make a pest of myself.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    Options
    I am fine with the weekly switch, as long as everyone joins us. :wink:
    Played cards with my 86 year old buddy, but he was not feeling well with a bad cold. I told him to cancel but you know those seniors, they are so stubborn. :tongue:

I did my 30 minutes on my elipitcal today but also went to lunch with my husband after cards. Had some tilopia which I love. I don't have many calories left for a snack tonight, but then again I don't worry about going over as long as it isn't a big amount. :blushing:

Glad to hear everyone is doing great, and Jeffrey I did look into Tai Chi on the internet, but it looks so hard to me. :embarassed: There is a lot of kick boxing in it isn't there?

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all, whether you are Irish or not. :flowerforyou:

It is a beautiful day here in Itasca, Illinois, temp is over 70 and it feels wonderful.

I wish you all the luck of the Irish and the gift of friendship.

Sandy
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Good afternoon

Well I went to my lung doctor to get the results of my recent CT scan.....What ever is in my lung grew a teeny tiny bit....But not enough to really worry about...Could have been cause by that resent chest congestion I had...

This thing was found over 6 years ago...and has not done much since....My doctor is very good and if he thought I needed a biopsy he would push for one....He suggested it however he did not push when I said I was not concerned about it....He was ok with my decision....

I will have another CT scan in 9 months and we will go from there....I AM NOT AT ALL WORRIED ABOUT IT.....and my family is ok with my choice not to do anything at this time...

I wore my green blouse and looked very nice...with my tan pants.....

Hope you all are having a wonderful Saint Patty's Day...:flowerforyou: ..Don't drink to much green beer..:drinker: I do not drink anything so green beer sounds really gross to me......:sick:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I bought some crystal light white grape juice, white grapes are really green ones, so I should be ok.. right BG? Sounds like you have a good doctor, he, or she, actually listens to your preferences.

well, this is just a bump to get me onto the new week.
    I'm shutting down my pc, take care and have a great week.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Marie, Thanks for starting the new week. We're all quick learners. We'll figure it out:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Our group is getting bigger and chattier (is that a word?) and I can feel the warmth and hugs even through cyberspace.:bigsmile: :heart:

:flowerforyou: Marie: Isagenix is a cleanse/weight loss program that my husband has been following for about six weeks. Part of the program is substituting their very nutritional shakes for two meals a day. I didn't choose to follow the program with my husband although he's lost almost 30 pounds in the time I've lost 13. The shakes are easy to make, taste good , and are nutritious. They are probably similar in a lot of ways to Instant Breakfast or Slim Fast as a meal replacement. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm glad your husband's test came out good. Good health is always at the top of my gratitude list.

:flowerforyou: Elli: I stopped eating red meat a few years ago. I don't buy it or cook it (except for a little bit of lamb for Passover). The last time I ate beef it gave me terrible heartburn. I haven't had heartburn since I gave up beef. Good luck on moving into your new house. The house we live in was being built when we bought it. It took about two months longer to finish it than we expected. We lived part of the time with friends (not a great idea) and the rest of the time in a single wide mobile home that was part of a motel so it was fully furnished and had weekly maid service ( not too bad). Congrats on your weight loss.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Biggramma:congrats on your weight loss. Not drinking beer probably helped.:laugh: We put extra spinach in our salad in honor of St. Pat's day

:flowerforyou: Phoebe: congrats on staying away from the Ice cream. I found the book exchange and signed up. Now I have to gather my books and get started.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Ingeborg---welcome. I hope we hear more from you:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sandy: you're a great grandma---your family is lucky to have you. how great that you can babysit and do your exercise.

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey--I had crowns done last year so I know how happy you are to be done with all that dental work..

:flowerforyou: :drinker: Jake: welcome---this is a great place to be---keep coming back:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

We had a great stir fry with chicken today. It turned out great so I'll do it again sometime.

Happy day to all.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Jake, nice to have you join us. I just love Barbiecat she is such a doll.
    Love hearing your experince of your weiht lost. Do drop in often.

Sandy I just drug out my Tai Chi for seniors that I have had for years and play it back this afternoon. It is surpose to be very healing. And this one is very slow movements and he said very good for your body. I am going to get started on it in the morning. I think I can handle it OK. Will give you what information I have on it if anybody wants it. Here is their web site
    http://www.chi-kung.com/

Such a nice group of people we have here.

See you guys around.----calie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    Welcome Jake........I love to hear about a man who goes on this journey with his wife....It helps both of you....

You come by as often as you want.....You would never be a pest.....

Hope everyone had a great day......:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ingeborg.

Seen your post earlier and wanted to tell you we are so glad to have you here. Do drop in more often so we can get to know you. We are a great bunch of seniors and they are feeling more like part of my family everyday. See you around-~~~~~~~Caliecat
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi gang - hope everyone's having a good night. I just got home from working out, and then book group after that. So I have a question about working out - i do about 30 minutes of machines, going from one machine to the next.......i looked on the mfp lists and i could list it as either weight lifting, or circuit training. The circuit training allows lots more calories, so i've been counting it as lifting. Any ideas?

Welcome Jake and Ingeborg! Nice to have you with us.

Barb - you're lucky to have your hubby on this journey with you! And of course on all your motorhome joruneys too! I have a bumper pull camper that my kids and i use for atv/camping trips all summer in long in the mountains around us. So do you cook meat for Jake? or does he not eat meat as well? When my kids were growing up i cooked it for them (we raised all our own), but just didn't eat it myself.

Caliecat - i'm anxious to hear what you think of the tai chi!

Tomorrow i get to go pick out all the new plumbing fixtures. I'm getting 2 new bathrooms and a new kitchen. LOTS to pick out!

See you all here tomorrow! :flowerforyou: elli
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Wow, there is so much to reply. :laugh: First Welcome to Ingeborg and Jake. :flowerforyou:
    My husband is very lucky because his metobolism is so good he never gains weight. :grumble:
    He does do the eliptical and stationary bike just to keep healthy because he has had angioplasty years ago. :frown:
    Our group is getting bigger and bigger and it is fun to read all the posts. A few comments before I go to bed. :tongue:
    Bgamma, you probably know your body better than anyone and as long as your doctor said it is nothing to worry about and your family is fine with your decisions, you will be fine. :flowerforyou:
    Marie, I will wait for word on the Tai Chi, I am working so hard now, not sure I can handle anymore. :noway:
    To all the rest of you, I will make more personal comments tomorrow. :wink: For now I am tired and going to bed. :yawn:

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just checking in. we are off to Walmart to get our weekly shopping done.
    Will work on my tai chi tape when we get back. There are 10 steps to it and once i learn all of that I can follow along with them on the regular on the regular rountine.
    See you later!!

Calie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    Options
    GOOD MORNING....Well it is the third Wednesday of the month which means it is payday for me.....I will be paying my bills...and then may go to the grocery store...not sure yet.

I will be walking on my elliptical when I finish with this note....

Not much going on in my world today....Hope your world is more exciting than mine.

Have a wonderful Wednesday......:flowerforyou:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi! Found you guys!

Marie! Good for you! I think that you will really like it once you get into it. Stay relaxed when you do it!.

Welcome to all the new folks!

I have been talking with Elli on the old thread! LOL I will let her know where this one is!

Everyone have a great day.

Jeffrey
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Here is my early post!

Good Morning Everyone!

Quiet day here again! I'm loving it! The last 2 days I have done a double. That is 2 workouts for a little over 2 hours. I am shot! Why did I do that? LOL We are having another decent weather day again but some rain is expected later today.

Not much else to report. Just Church tonight and a "single" workout! I am thinking about putting my pre emergent weed killer down on the lawn and fertilizing it. It is just starting to green up a little. Everyone have a great day!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Jeffrey. I just practice 30 minutes on my Tai Chi tape. and It was every smooth going. Will spend another 30 minutes this afternoon. I like it. So relaxing too. I have forgot I had this tape

Glad you found us.
    This tread is really rocking with all the seniors helping each other.

Elli. I try your laughting cow on toast this morning with some frozen fruit. Nice meal.
    will be having a big salad for lunch Don't know what I will be putting in it yet But will have a sl. of toast .
    Tonight will be a taco salad.

Yogurt & fruit for snacks

Hope everyone else have a very nice day. Spring is here.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    I think everyone is connected now, at least I hope so, in the future look under fitness and exercise for the new posts. :wink:
    Again, I am sitting for my granddaughter, her mother seems to have lot going on lately and since I was going to be home I agreed to sit. She is very good though and has been watching kids movies or playing with me and her bug kit. (I printed some bugs from the internet, since I hate living bugs) It would be nice if she took a little nap, I could use one. :laugh:
    I did 45 minutes on the elipitical and burned 150 calories, I can't imagine working so hard as to get up to 4500 calories Jeffrey. You must be exhausted when you are done. :noway:
    Bgramma, your life is as exciting as the rest of us, never doubt what you do for yourself is what we are doing and you have accomplished so much. :heart:
    Calie and/or Marie, which do you prefer? You are right on track and seem so happy all the time.
    Ellie, I found if I eat all my calories over six small servings ie, breakfast, a protein shake, lunch, yogurt,
    dinner and then a snack (usually almonds or popcorn) I started losing more. I even allow myself a glass of wine, sometimes two. The days that I follow that the best , the next day I show a weight loss.
    It is true your body goes in a starvation mode if you under eat. :ohwell:
    Everyone else, let us know how you are doing, we love to share. :happy:

Have a good day all and wish me luck, tonight is my bingo night.

Sandy