• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I like you, Karin.

Thanks! I speak the truth!

:wink:
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    that primal blueprint wouldnt work for me all the legumes I eat. Meat and eggs and fish dont agree with me
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    BTW - this anti grain diet is pretty damned stupid.
    I dont think the food pyramid was built with the grain industry in mind.

That is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

You are too adorable for words. You're all shiny and naive, a little bitter, but hey, we'll call that attitude and pretend it's cute.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

And even if you find your stupid "sweet spot" for carb consumption weight loss will not be "effortless" you daft woman...how long has it been since you followed this "foolproof" method?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however I and many others here have had unwavering success with this plan and similar plans like it.

The weight loss is effortless, meaning you just eat and the weight and fat falls right off your body.

I lost 100 pounds before on a very similar plan and gained weight back after years of maintaining that weight loss due to a near fatal car accident in which I had no control over what I was being fed at the time and the amount of steroids that were pumped into me along with being immobile.

So, I am healed and back on and the weight is coming off once again, effortlessly. Meaning I barely have to exercise. I am not having to deal with saggy, baggy skin or the like. I eat fat, protein and carbs from green leafy veggies and the weight comes off.

This just means you're eating healthily and less than your TDEE. If that type of eating works for you then so be it, but saying that it's effortless is pretty pointless because clearly it took an effort to change your eating habits to this type of diet. I just find that kind of language belittling to the struggle so many people actually put into losing weight.

It is quoted from the website when I copied the image. I am just saying I can attest to it being true. The sensitivity level on the internet is unbelievable. People actually take offense to a picture posted from another site??????

Weight loss shouldn't be a struggle. If it is, then that person needs to find something else that will work better for them. Weightloss should be pretty effortless.

Losing is the easy part............it is life throwing curve balls at you and being able to maintain the loss after you have achieved said loss that is the hard part. I went through hell from 2008-2011 healing myself and in the process gained so much weight that I was disgusting to look at in the mirror.

Being someone who has lost 140 pounds and then gained back about 50, I'm sorry but you're wrong. It is a struggle. You can call it going against the evolutionary drive to consume or just the fact that old habits aren't always broken so easily. Some people may have it easier, and it may be even more difficult for some. I understand your particular problem was maintaining since that is the time you gained it back, but unfortunately N=1 isn't a sufficient sample size.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    That guy with the spear needs to do a little manscaping, I'm thinking he took the whole living in the bush thing a little too literally.

Remind me of Robin Williams when he was in Jumanji.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I prefer Paula+Deens+Food+Pyramid.jpg

Yeah, now we are talking...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    This thread is entertaining. Discussion of the Food Pyramid mobilizes all the diet factions.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

And even if you find your stupid "sweet spot" for carb consumption weight loss will not be "effortless" you daft woman...how long has it been since you followed this "foolproof" method?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however I and many others here have had unwavering success with this plan and similar plans like it.

The weight loss is effortless, meaning you just eat and the weight and fat falls right off your body.

I lost 100 pounds before on a very similar plan and gained weight back after years of maintaining that weight loss due to a near fatal car accident in which I had no control over what I was being fed at the time and the amount of steroids that were pumped into me along with being immobile.

So, I am healed and back on and the weight is coming off once again, effortlessly. Meaning I barely have to exercise. I am not having to deal with saggy, baggy skin or the like. I eat fat, protein and carbs from green leafy veggies and the weight comes off.

This just means you're eating healthily and less than your TDEE. If that type of eating works for you then so be it, but saying that it's effortless is pretty pointless because clearly it took an effort to change your eating habits to this type of diet. I just find that kind of language belittling to the struggle so many people actually put into losing weight.

It is quoted from the website when I copied the image. I am just saying I can attest to it being true. The sensitivity level on the internet is unbelievable. People actually take offense to a picture posted from another site??????

Weight loss shouldn't be a struggle. If it is, then that person needs to find something else that will work better for them. Weightloss should be pretty effortless.

Losing is the easy part............it is life throwing curve balls at you and being able to maintain the loss after you have achieved said loss that is the hard part. I went through hell from 2008-2011 healing myself and in the process gained so much weight that I was disgusting to look at in the mirror.

Being someone who has lost 140 pounds and then gained back about 50, I'm sorry but you're wrong. It is a struggle. You can call it going against the evolutionary drive to consume or just the fact that old habits aren't always broken so easily. Some people may have it easier, and it may be even more difficult for some. I understand your particular problem was maintaining since that is the time you gained it back, but unfortunately N=1 isn't a sufficient sample size.

Oh, but it isn't just a N=1 experiment. There are many, many, many people that feel the same way I do. I know in my Facebook group we are at 2,000 strong and growing. The size of the community on Marks Daily Apple is another sizable community that feels the same way, many way more passionate than I am even.

I actually maintained my weight loss for over 5 years..................I gained some of the weight back in 2008 after being in a near fatal car accident. Rehab, hospital food, steroids and other medications left me a fat, bloated mess. Then after being released from the hospital I went through depression, Diabetes came back after reversing it and I had a failure mentality so I didn't even try to go back to what I was doing until 2011.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

The lack of carbs isnt the magic, you cannot possibly assume such a thing can you?

A balanced diet is pretty much the only logical thing I can possibly agree to, anything else is just ridiculous theories.

That is where you are wrong..............

If I added grain carbs back in at the level of calories I currently eat, I would steadily gain weight. I have already had that happen. There are many, many people to attest to what I am saying.

You have to admit that's pretty odd, right? Do you think most people would react that way to grain? You seem to go on as if this was a universal truth for all people. But most people in fact can do just fine eating omnivorously.

I get a weird itchy feeling when I eat peaches. Some other people do too. But it would be weird of me to go around advocating that people should avoid peaches because they make some people itchy, eh?
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    What Guru said

plus other things that I should keep my mouth shut about for awhile
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

You are too adorable for words. You're all shiny and naive, a little bitter, but hey, we'll call that attitude and pretend it's cute.
    Glad Im cute...I think youre another word that starts with C!

In 8th grade my English teacher described me as "contrary" that's probably what you're thinking, too.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    yea...no.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    meat-pyramid_design.png
    HAHAHA! :love::
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I have several sweet spots.

What are we talking about?

Oh really? I'd like to explore this further...
    Please continue...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    9233919.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    What Guru said

Perhaps try sitting on your hands?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to exercise more?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Glad Im cute...I think youre another word that starts with C!

In 8th grade my English teacher described me as "contrary" that's probably what you're thinking, too.
    Youre Christian, too?

No wonder youre prone to cult thoughts

*It's you're
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    What Guru said

Perhaps try sitting on your hands?

this made me lol so hard.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member