Fall of the Great Food Pyramid

Options

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    It also makes people fat and unhealthy. Why do you think they feed grains to chickens, pigs and cows? Because it fattens them up.

uh...wut.
    Fat makes people fat....and not exercising.

Do you even see what you're saying?

An excess of calories makes people fat. Fat can make it easier to poop.
    true. very true.

and I like to poop. makes room for more noms.

ALSO to those mad at me for being a classless *kitten* and using the C word - sorry, I forgot people, especially women for some reason, take major offense to that word in America. I prefer the ways of the Brits who use that and *kitten* ALL the time.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Poor people don't deserve to have food. DUH!
    Yes they do! Cannibalism is the solution to both problems: world hunger and over population. Feed the grains to the poor people to fatten them up, feed the poor people to the rich. It's a win/win situation. :bigsmile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Does this mean its ok to drink diet coke?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I don't think people seem to get that the "objectors" aren't really against anyone cutting out grains. It works for a lot of people. It's more to the fact that you try speaking in absolutes like your way is the only way. It's the same with all the vegan threads that have that rhetoric.

exactly! people can do what they want and if it works... *thumbs up* good for you.

I just dont like when people taking these kind of extremes feel the need to shove it in faces
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Except, if those of use who are intolerant to them can lead healthy lives why can't other people lead healthy lives. No one is going to take away YOUR grains, but why does it matter (at all) to you that people go grainless?

No one is taking it out on bread, I make my bread, lots of people who don't eat grains eat bread, they just eat gluten/grain free bread. Again, no one is going to touch your bread, that's all yours, just think, when there's a snow storm there will be a few more loaves on the shelf for you.

Im not scared for my bread, itll be fine. Theres like 800 kinds Im sure it'll be fine.

Im totally ok with people cutting it out if they so choose, too, just like vegans and vegetarians can do what they want...
    doesnt mean I think theyre right.

I'm glad you're so accepting of how others eat.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Yes they do! Cannibalism is the solution to both problems: world hunger and over population. Feed the grains to the poor people to fatten them up, feed the poor people to the rich. It's a win/win situation. :bigsmile:
    SOILENT GREEN
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    BTW - this anti grain diet is pretty damned stupid.
    I dont think the food pyramid was built with the grain industry in mind.

That is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

And even if you find your stupid "sweet spot" for carb consumption weight loss will not be "effortless" you daft woman...how long has it been since you followed this "foolproof" method?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however I and many others here have had unwavering success with this plan and similar plans like it.

The weight loss is effortless, meaning you just eat and the weight and fat falls right off your body.

I lost 100 pounds before on a very similar plan and gained weight back after years of maintaining that weight loss due to a near fatal car accident in which I had no control over what I was being fed at the time and the amount of steroids that were pumped into me along with being immobile.

So, I am healed and back on and the weight is coming off once again, effortlessly. Meaning I barely have to exercise. I am not having to deal with saggy, baggy skin or the like. I eat fat, protein and carbs from green leafy veggies and the weight comes off.
    The lack of carbs isnt the magic, you cannot possibly assume such a thing can you?

A balanced diet is pretty much the only logical thing I can possibly agree to, anything else is just ridiculous theories.

That is where you are wrong..............

If I added grain carbs back in at the level of calories I currently eat, I would steadily gain weight. I have already had that happen. There are many, many people to attest to what I am saying.

You have to admit that's pretty odd, right? Do you think most people would react that way to grain? You seem to go on as if this was a universal truth for all people. But most people in fact can do just fine eating omnivorously.

I get a weird itchy feeling when I eat peaches. Some other people do too. But it would be weird of me to go around advocating that people should avoid peaches because they make some people itchy, eh?

Eating the way I eat protein, fat, fruits and vegetables - that is the definition of an omnivore. So I am not eating any different, except I no longer eat grains.

And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates. There is nothing in grains except for anti-nutrients which keep the nutrients found in the grain from binding and being absorbed. I can get my nutrients from vegetables, fruits and the proteins and fats I consume.

Hopefully there will one day be some wise people in the government that will change the food pyramid to one more natural than so many servings of those highly processed grains.

Do you have reliable sources of studies outside of Paleo/Primal websites? inb4 conspiracy talk

Where is there any mention of conspiracy talk?

I am stating facts. Research Phytic Acid caused from phytates. Phytates are one of the anti-nutrients found in grains and legumes.

You mentioned the FDA being corrupt, and you've talked about how HCG is proven effective, and it's being legislated against so people can take Alli and other OTC weight loss pills instead. Sorry, but that is conspiracy talk 101.

Also, study links please?

None of this is a conspiracy, it is all the truth. Things that I talk regularly about with my Naturopathic M.D. and my Chiropractor.

Did you know that one of the lead Policy makers in this country is Michael Taylor. He is a former executive attorney for Monsanto.

He has also made the comment that we do not have an inherent right to choose the food we eat or what we feed our children. This is the government speaking here, not conspiracy.

They are hoping to rule us with science, not nature. Hence the reason HGC is trying to be taken off the market. No money for pharmaceutical companies because it can not be patented. This is known fact.

Hence the push for 6-12 servings of grains per day.

All of this is filtering money into the government all the while people are getting sicker and fatter requiring more drugs, doctors visits, etc.

It is not a conspiracy, it is the truth.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I'm glad you're so accepting of how others eat.
    well, I am, truthfully.

I just dont want people telling me their way is the "right" way or the "best" way.

I dont even really believe my way is the best way...I just try to eat balanced cuz it seems logical to me. I like logic.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

ALSO to those mad at me for being a classless *kitten* and using the C word - sorry, I forgot people, especially women for some reason, take major offense to that word in America. I prefer the ways of the Brits who use that and *kitten* ALL the time.
    That must be only an English thing in that case. I'm from Ireland and a lot of people (men and women) take major offence to the C word.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Cat Pee. NUF SAID
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I don't think people seem to get that the "objectors" aren't really against anyone cutting out grains. It works for a lot of people. It's more to the fact that you try speaking in absolutes like your way is the only way. It's the same with all the vegan threads that have that rhetoric.

exactly! people can do what they want and if it works... *thumbs up* good for you.

I just dont like when people taking these kind of extremes feel the need to shove it in faces

And there it is.... Now you'll know why people don't like you...same reason you don't like them! PROBLEM SOLVED!

::THROWS CONFETTI::
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    It also makes people fat and unhealthy. Why do you think they feed grains to chickens, pigs and cows? Because it fattens them up.

While this answer is partly economic, so is the real reason. Grains are more abundant, and therefore cheaper. It's also why humans consume a lot of them too.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Listen cupcake, you pulled major attitude on a generally harmless bit of snark.... class comes from knowing how to take a joke.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have several sweet spots.

What are we talking about?

Oh really? I'd like to explore this further...
    Please continue...

It's true! I sorta have this upside down pyramid of sweet spots, starting with my fabulous shoulders.

Oh really... and where might said pyramid end? :blushing:

It ends at the point. :wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I would just like to add that I don't like lamb. Unless it's processed in the form of gyro meat. I didn't eat lamb (except gyros) and I lost all of the weight.
    So nobody should eat lamb. Unless it's processed in the form of gyro meat.

Also, lamb contains anti-nutrients, but when combined with pita and tzatziki sauce, it forms super-nutrients which help you lose all of the weight, without any effort. And that sure beats exercise.

I think we are done here.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That must be only an English thing in that case. I'm from Ireland and a lot of people (men and women) take major offence to the C word.
    Really? I have family who are English. That word is not used as a term of endearment. You knew exactly what you meant when you used that word.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates.

If people gave up grains, there wouldn't be nearly enough food to feed 7 billion people.

Another case for people to start growing their own food.

Please explain how the residents of a New York City high-rise apartment building would be able to grow their own food.

Container gardening.

http://lifeonthebalcony.com/category/apartment-garden-challenges/high-rise-gardening/
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    How to know you've lost your footing in an argument and that you've failed at having a civilized discussion: You reach for the ad hominem attack.

154578_1687394740377_1102922983_31864186_5225717_n.jpg
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    None of this is a conspiracy, it is all the truth. Things that I talk regularly about with my Naturopathic M.D. and my Chiropractor.

At least you're consulting with experts.
  • Thomasm198
    Options
    SOILENT GREEN
    Soylent :tongue: