Fall of the Great Food Pyramid

Options

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    BTW - this anti grain diet is pretty damned stupid.
    I dont think the food pyramid was built with the grain industry in mind.

That is about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

And even if you find your stupid "sweet spot" for carb consumption weight loss will not be "effortless" you daft woman...how long has it been since you followed this "foolproof" method?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however I and many others here have had unwavering success with this plan and similar plans like it.

The weight loss is effortless, meaning you just eat and the weight and fat falls right off your body.

I lost 100 pounds before on a very similar plan and gained weight back after years of maintaining that weight loss due to a near fatal car accident in which I had no control over what I was being fed at the time and the amount of steroids that were pumped into me along with being immobile.

So, I am healed and back on and the weight is coming off once again, effortlessly. Meaning I barely have to exercise. I am not having to deal with saggy, baggy skin or the like. I eat fat, protein and carbs from green leafy veggies and the weight comes off.
    The lack of carbs isnt the magic, you cannot possibly assume such a thing can you?

A balanced diet is pretty much the only logical thing I can possibly agree to, anything else is just ridiculous theories.

That is where you are wrong..............

If I added grain carbs back in at the level of calories I currently eat, I would steadily gain weight. I have already had that happen. There are many, many people to attest to what I am saying.

You have to admit that's pretty odd, right? Do you think most people would react that way to grain? You seem to go on as if this was a universal truth for all people. But most people in fact can do just fine eating omnivorously.

I get a weird itchy feeling when I eat peaches. Some other people do too. But it would be weird of me to go around advocating that people should avoid peaches because they make some people itchy, eh?

Eating the way I eat protein, fat, fruits and vegetables - that is the definition of an omnivore. So I am not eating any different, except I no longer eat grains.

And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates. There is nothing in grains except for anti-nutrients which keep the nutrients found in the grain from binding and being absorbed. I can get my nutrients from vegetables, fruits and the proteins and fats I consume.

Hopefully there will one day be some wise people in the government that will change the food pyramid to one more natural than so many servings of those highly processed grains.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

You are too adorable for words. You're all shiny and naive, a little bitter, but hey, we'll call that attitude and pretend it's cute.
    Glad Im cute...I think youre another word that starts with C!

In 8th grade my English teacher described me as "contrary" that's probably what you're thinking, too.
    Youre Christian, too?

No wonder youre prone to cult thoughts

Hey, hey, hey, no discussion of religion on the forums! That's for groups.

Not prone to cult thinking, just gluten intolerant, it made me the kind of person who has researched grains and found that they are less necessary than people think, but they are a huge source of revenue, they buy people, they give people power, and well, as long as they can have a strong hold in the FDA people will buy the bull**** that we absolutely need them to live. I'm just a well educated Celiac, what do I know, though.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow - that was entertaining!! Everyone have a great evening:laugh:
  • swiftfox82
    Options
    i totally agree woth Grokette! the FDA one totally thinks grains and corn is king. Monsanto is the demon of the food industry to put it harshly.
  • mkitts2011
    Options
    I think it's all about balance and body chemistry. We do eat too many starches and do few fruits, veggies & nuts as a society. However, I don't think Paleo is sustainable life style. I try to eat a diet based in the Paleo principle but, I also have occasional treats or meals that have grains. It is all about balance. Everyone knows how we SHOULD be eating, healthy fats, lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, less dairy, lean meat, and lots of water. We live very sedentary as whole and we don't NEED tons of processed carbs/grains. Unless you're exercising a ton, then you do. Enjoy. Balance, balance, balance. Be and informed consumers about what we eat. If you eat a butt load of grains and are having successful weight loss, more power to you! I have insulin resistance and grains pretty much go straight into storage on me. If someone is following their calorie limits and not losing weight this post could really help them. Lets work on empowering each other to be successful, not resort to name calling. We're all here for the same reason, not to do it in the exact same way!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    This is the food pyramid I adhere to. I want nothing to do with the USDA's food pyramid that is catering to the likes of the grain industry and mostly Monsanto.

Why does that graphic say "Effortless Weight Loss" on it?

because when following the primal blueprint (where this image is from) it really is easy to lose weight...i'm down 6 lbs in 3 weeks where as i lost ZERO pounds in all of 2011 by following a different grain-focused diet. it really is easy! marksdailyapple.com

I dunno, it would take a lot of effort for someone to keep me away from grains. I have bread and and oatmeal every day, as well as dairy.

But I guess to each their own.

When I was a young *kitten*, I used to try to convince vegetarians and vegans they were wrong. But now that I'm a grownup *kitten* I don't bother :)

funny, i was a vegetarian up until i felt ****ty and realized i needed meat...now i'm paleo. Its really not so hard to avoid grains (i'm allergic to gluten so i HAVE to avoid it). Wrap meat in bacon and you wont miss bread at all. I do miss my oatmeal but i dont miss how it made me feel so ill stick to my paleo breakfast muffins instead.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

You are too adorable for words. You're all shiny and naive, a little bitter, but hey, we'll call that attitude and pretend it's cute.

In 8th grade my English teacher described me as "contrary" that's probably what you're thinking, too.
    Youre Christian, too?

Not prone to cult thinking, just gluten intolerant, it made me the kind of person who has researched grains and found that they are less necessary than people think, but they are a huge source of revenue, they buy people, they give people power, and well, as long as they can have a strong hold in the FDA people will buy the bull**** that we absolutely need them to live. I'm just a well educated Celiac, what do I know, though.

I never said grains are as important as the FDA may say...believe me I realize it is run with the interest of money in mind. How else did pizza get declared a vegetable?

Not the point. The point is I don't think, unless you're intolerant to them, that any one thing should be totally cut out.

Oh and just because the gahmment is ebil ebil liars and big meanieheads, doesn't mean you have to start taking it out on bread. Bread is pretty nice. It makes sandwiches.

Corn is pretty nice, too, makes for funny poo.
  • swiftfox82
    Options
    my husband is allergic to wheat and im very sensitive to gluten that's why I like Grokette's food pyramid.
  • Grokette
    Options

And even if you find your stupid "sweet spot" for carb consumption weight loss will not be "effortless" you daft woman...how long has it been since you followed this "foolproof" method?

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however I and many others here have had unwavering success with this plan and similar plans like it.

The weight loss is effortless, meaning you just eat and the weight and fat falls right off your body.

I lost 100 pounds before on a very similar plan and gained weight back after years of maintaining that weight loss due to a near fatal car accident in which I had no control over what I was being fed at the time and the amount of steroids that were pumped into me along with being immobile.

So, I am healed and back on and the weight is coming off once again, effortlessly. Meaning I barely have to exercise. I am not having to deal with saggy, baggy skin or the like. I eat fat, protein and carbs from green leafy veggies and the weight comes off.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to exercise more?

Strength train, walk my dogs and some light yoga here and there. That is it. No more chronic cardio for me.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/case-against-cardio/#axzz1jwQElJ2f
  • Jovialation
    Options
    What Guru said

plus other things that I should keep my mouth shut about for awhile
    Perhaps try sitting on your hands?
    and biting down on your tongue...hard

Perhaps a chlorform soaked rag stuffed in her mouth would help too.:flowerforyou:
    That wouldn't be very nice! Chloroform tastes bad.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I threw out the food pyramid back in '98 when I realized there wasn't a white chocolate block.

I mean, how the hell am I supposed to take it seriously?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Strength train, walk my dogs and some light yoga here and there. That is it. No more chronic cardio for me.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/case-against-cardio/#axzz1jwQElJ2f

You couldnt pay me to read that link.

Well, you could, money is nice.

But you get the point....I refuse to read an argument AGAINST cardio. Thats just...ugh.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have several sweet spots.

What are we talking about?

Oh really? I'd like to explore this further...
    Please continue...

It's true! I sorta have this upside down pyramid of sweet spots, starting with my fabulous shoulders.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates.

If people gave up grains, there wouldn't be nearly enough food to feed 7 billion people.
  • Grokette
    Options

Youre Christian, too?

I never said grains are as important as the FDA may say...believe me I realize it is run with the interest of money in mind. How else did pizza get declared a vegetable?

Not the point. The point is I don't think, unless you're intolerant to them, that any one thing should be totally cut out.

Oh and just because the gahmment is ebil ebil liars and big meanieheads, doesn't mean you have to start taking it out on bread. Bread is pretty nice. It makes sandwiches.

It also makes people fat and unhealthy. Why do you think they feed grains to chickens, pigs and cows? Because it fattens them up.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

The lack of carbs isnt the magic, you cannot possibly assume such a thing can you?

A balanced diet is pretty much the only logical thing I can possibly agree to, anything else is just ridiculous theories.

That is where you are wrong..............

If I added grain carbs back in at the level of calories I currently eat, I would steadily gain weight. I have already had that happen. There are many, many people to attest to what I am saying.

You have to admit that's pretty odd, right? Do you think most people would react that way to grain? You seem to go on as if this was a universal truth for all people. But most people in fact can do just fine eating omnivorously.

I get a weird itchy feeling when I eat peaches. Some other people do too. But it would be weird of me to go around advocating that people should avoid peaches because they make some people itchy, eh?

Eating the way I eat protein, fat, fruits and vegetables - that is the definition of an omnivore. So I am not eating any different, except I no longer eat grains.

And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates. There is nothing in grains except for anti-nutrients which keep the nutrients found in the grain from binding and being absorbed. I can get my nutrients from vegetables, fruits and the proteins and fats I consume.

Hopefully there will one day be some wise people in the government that will change the food pyramid to one more natural than so many servings of those highly processed grains.

Do you have reliable sources of studies outside of Paleo/Primal websites? inb4 conspiracy talk
  • Grokette
    Options
    And no, if people gave up the grains (especially the glutenous grains) we would see a sharp decrease in obesity rates.

If people gave up grains, there wouldn't be nearly enough food to feed 7 billion people.

Another case for people to start growing their own food.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    It also makes people fat and unhealthy. Why do you think they feed grains to chickens, pigs and cows? Because it fattens them up.

uh...wut.
    Fat makes people fat....and not exercising.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Youre Christian, too?

No they feed it to them because it's cheap in bulk, and it fattens them up because they're feeding them a lot of it.
  • Jovialation
    Options

Another case for people to start growing their own food.

because our overpopulated world TOTALLY has room for that