It's tax season! How are you using your refund?

Options

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Since I'm only getting 132 bucks, saving it for maybe a night out or perhaps some new workout clothes. Well, 132 so far. I still have to fill out all my tuition info and I may get a bit of a refund from that.

Random - you look just like Natalie Portman. (Though I'm sure you're told that all the time.)

And yea, you probably will. My student loans are the reason I get very much back at all.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    refund? ha! thats funny right there.
    own our own business so we usually get to write a check
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I doubt I'll get one. $2.13 an hour means I'll most likely be paying.
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I plan to use my refund for my trip to San Diego in July.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    new kitchen floor...elliptical....shopping at the expo of my half marathon in March...4 day vacation in TN over Easter break in April.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    my tax return usually coincides with my performance bonus from work...I think i'm going to get my brakes done on my truck, and get some personal trainer sessions...I need to find someone to train me to do a 10 k!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    we will be paying back the inlaws (they loaned us money to help with the downpayment on our house) and getting some work done on our suburban (brakes, a/c, radiator) and save for a trip to utah in the summer to visit my family. the rest will stay in savings
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It's going right to the Vegas fund. I have some friends getting married in May at the little white chapel. So I'm planning on partying quite hard. I'll need bail and gambling money. Also, I may need to buy new clothes, I'm looking to be down another 30 pounds approx. by then.

exactly this. which reminds me to top up on my rrsp (401k to u yanks)
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Finally having out big wedding, after 3 years of marriage. :-) and if there's enough leftover, I'm getting a boob job! Heck yes!!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    IF we get a refund, which we never do....

It's already designated to go towards a new washer and dryer. My dryer screeches and very loud high pitched screech when you run it. Drives us and the cats CRAZY!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I miss getting tax refunds :-(
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Finish paying off the last credit card that the Ex Husband and I have together....Then I no longer have any bills with him =) Yay!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Credit cards and my phone bill. It'll be so exciting...
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    Paying off my car......YAY!!!! I miss not having a car payment.
  • lizabelle83
    Options
    hmmmm... well my bf can finally buy my engagement ring lol, maybe a new couch & help save for our vegas wedding
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Paying off one of my many student loans and buying the baby his big boy carseat for when he is ready for it....The rest goes in savings for our family vaca later this year.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    To pay off my lawyer.. :ohwell:

It is cheaper to pay off the judge.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    IF we get a refund, which we never do....

It's already designated to go towards a new washer and dryer. My dryer screeches and very loud high pitched screech when you run it. Drives us and the cats CRAZY!

Keep an eye out at home depot and lowes. We just got an $800 dryer (mine went out) for $500 because it had a small scratch on the top from shipping....could be fix with a little appliance paint and would even know it.
  • mindy2185
    Options
    im with you....no lube either
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bills.