Guys who find curvy girls more attractive...

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Not only do different men like different body shapes, but different men have different ideas of what a certain body shape is. Some men say I am curvy, some say muscular, some say skinny. My husband doesn't think anything over about 7 stone counts as skinny, so he will always see me as curvy/larger, even when I am a US size 2-4 like now. That is larger to him. To another of my friends I apparently look borderline anorexic, because he expects girls to be bigger. He always describes anyone who is a US 6 or less as skeletal. It depends what benchmark of women's figures you grow up with, I think.
  • stevepierson
    Options
    Definately CURVY...
  • tiffanymagic
    Options
    There are guys out there with all kinds of preferences when it comes to women... Many guys love curves... maybe not the 45 pounds overweight curves ... more the 20 pound ish range? In any case, as long as you like the way you look, men can sense that and are attracted to you. Period. Confidence is the sexiest weight. :wink:
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My fiance LOVES my curves, though he is also very supportive of my efforts to lose weight and get healthy & toned. He doesn't have to worry about me losing the curves just because I lose weight, as I've always had them, even at times when I was a size 6 (I have no desire to ever get smaller than that). He adores me the way I am, and reminds me of it constantly. He also reminds me constantly that he will adore me regardless of my shape. But he does have a favorite saying: "Better thick than sick!"

I'm lucky.
  • LakeCountyDiver
    LakeCountyDiver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is a funny topic. I like girls with a little meat... 230lbs in not a "Little" meat.

In this note I have noticed that girls that tend to be with the BIG guys are VERY insecure about themselves.
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    My boyfriend tells me everyday he loves me the way I am, but I feel like if I sit on him I might break him! lol But that is how I have always been, very body conscience. Once I lose a little and tone up I think I'll be better!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    My boyfriend tells me everyday he loves me the way I am, but I feel like if I sit on him I might break him! lol But that is how I have always been, very body conscience. Once I lose a little and tone up I think I'll be better!

I think you're gorgeous!
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    :happy: Thank you!
    You too!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Guys like women who are confident with the body they have and love themselves for who they are.

What kind of sick and twisted person loses weight for a lover? I sure as hell don't. I lose weight for MYSELF, and either he likes it or he doesn't, but I don't give a crap. I want to be healthy because I deserve to be healthy.

There are a lot of nice things I do for the hubs, but this isn't it.

Yes, my hubs does like a little junk in my trunk, but I've already established with him that he's with me in sickness and in health, for better or worse. He's been with me when I was 110lbs, and he's been with me at 165lbs. He's been attracted to me the WHOLE time.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My partner most definitely prefers curvy women - almost a little too much as I know he accepts me and likes me at my current weight (270 lbs) but for myself I need to lose the weight and funnily enough it doesn't feel creepy.

He will even see a picture of Elle McPherson and say she's too skinny.

** His favourite curve on a woman - where her back meets her bottom - I think a lot of men like this and of course a skinny girl doesn't really have it
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a exotic dancer in Baltimore, MD, and guys here all seem to prefer curvy girls for the most part, out of 45+ girls at my club there are maybe 3-4 VERY thin borderline anorexic girls (Not quite sure who's type that is I think if you weigh 85/90 pounds you belong in the hospital not on the pole at a strip club! Only the pervy old men go after those girls...weird.). Most of use range from 110-165 lbs, all different heights. There are even a few 'plus size' looking girls, but they have smooth nice skin, not dimply etc. Guy's I have meant at work have always said they like me because I have 'thicker' thighs & a butt & small waist. I on the other hand HATE my thighs, the butt I am okay with lol. My husband likes my body curvy. I used to weigh 133 (I'm 5'4) now I am 118, he complained once that that my butt/boobs got smaller, but he knows I am happier at a lower weight so he is supportive. Plus I will ALWAYS be bottom heavy lol big hips/thighs (thanks mom). But I have meant a few guys over the years that liked rail thin girls, but to each their own, I think the best looking girls are curvy but still slender, flat stomach, small-medium chest and hips & decent sized butt. I think the media portrays men only liking super thin fake looking women, and that is not the case. I think confidence and personality are more important. Trust me I work with a few busted strippers but they are confident as hell and they make BANK! lol Men like all kinds of women.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My super nerdy fiancee met me at 275lbs, stuck with me while I ballooned to over 300lbs.

Nearly 6 years later, I'm down to 190lbs, (I'm 5'7), and he tells me every single day that I'm beautiful and he loves me no matter what.

I think I snared him with my personality and nerdy-ness, rather then what I looked like. Of course, my beautiful face helped :-D
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    Pretty sure most of them do. My brother is the only guy who has ever told me I was pretty. No... Wait... One other guy did also... So... Two guys in 25 years. I'm speaking from a slender runner, former gymnast, non hourglass, 5'6" 122lbs athletic person perspective. :-)
    I've pretty much given up on all that. :-p At some point, it had to stop mattering so much to me. :-p
    I think I look awesome. And I feel good... So... Yeah. :-p
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I feel so shallow . . . I find curves very, very, sexy. But I think it's just how a lot of us (guys) are and a lot of it has to do with biology and brain sex. Curves mean fertility, etc, which at the end of the day is what drives us all to find a mate if we want kids or not. It's always lurking in the background.

I would say he's with you because of a mix of how you look and who you are. Afterall, I bet he saw you before he talked to you. It doesn't make you any less valuable inside. You're, well, you're just attractive weight loss or no weight loss.

Loose what weight you feel you have to if you like for you, feel good. Please feel good about yourself.
    I'm on here becaue I don't think curves are sexy on a guy, namely me. I want more confidence and energy.

^^ Nice response. :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My dad and brother both prefer chubby women but most men I know like women who are lean, defined, tone and curvy (but not overweight or needing to lose weight). They like the healthy, in shape girl!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    bump
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My bf is like this, he says he needs something to grab on to. He says he loves how I look now but says that he'll probably love me regardless of how much weight I lose though. :blushing:
  • Strong_Fit_Able
    Options
    I for instance was in a relationship, if you would even call it that... it was on and off for 2 years and after it ended I realised how bad it was for me. Anyway, back on topic, he liked me curvier, fuller figured and when I started losing weight he was not very supportive, in the end he cheated on me, probably several times, but there is one girl I was certain of, he is now in a relationship with her, and she is thin as anything. So, I will never understand what guys want or like, so I have given up trying, lol. I'll just take life how it comes and enjoy it for what it is.
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Guys, what EXACTLY is the kind of preferred body type? What features do you tend to like and dislike?

Preferred? Thin like say Emily Blunt. Like: thin, small breasts. Dislike: short hair.

The *reality* is that 98% of women my age (48) don't have long hair and are not thin, and don't have small breasts. But you said preferred. I'm childfree (which means I don't have or want children) and only 1/6 of women here in New Zealand are not going to have children, so that's something else to consider as well. So a tiny percentage of women are going to be just those three criteria.

The most important of the three criteria (long hair, thin, childfree) is long hair. People are complex, and their desires for their partners are complex as well. As it happens I'm skyping an overweight woman with long hair who has an adult child, so that's only 1 of the three. But that's where personality is important as well, more important than having no children or being thin.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i just realized something! we are not trying to lose are butts and guts for guys at all! we are trying to be smaller for those girls that look at us and think omg she is fat! We want to be accepted by other girls because we want them to envy us instead of judging us! I don't know if this is true for everyone but that seems to be the case. I'm a 34 dd and a size eight paint. I think other girls think size weight is to big for my height of 5ft 1inch but I shouldn't care what other girls think of my jean size. My shoulders and hands and feet are way petite though girls get really jealous of that for some reason. I think as a girl we should do are best to put aside our jealousness and think about what guys think of our curves instead...cause it's almost impossible to get another girls total approval cause there is always that jealous thing going on.... i'm I on track?

I totally get this. When I was at my thinnest (115 pounds), I was that way because I wanted my female friends to be envious of me. I didn't do it for any guy. I did it for the girls so that I would be accepted and envied.

My husband prefers a lush, curvy body type like Christina Hendricks or Jennifer Lopez, as opposed to the thin frames of Keira Knightley or Angelina Jolie. A healthy curvy though, not obese curvy with lots of rolls.
    He doesn't find attractive the high fashion/runway model fashion look where the curves are completely gone and the ribs/collar bones are so visible.