Guys who find curvy girls more attractive...

Options

Replies

• babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way. He keeps telling me not to get obsessed or try to get skinny, lol. I'm glad he likes me the way I am, because I don't want to be skinny anyway!

What he loves most is that I have shapely hips and..ahem, my backside. I think that this is definitely the age of the *kitten*.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Personally i like bodies from playboy than elle magazines. I think this is noticed by modelling world too since i notice that the models from victoria's secret 2011 is curvier compared to the previous 5 years of victoria's secret fashion show.
  • tiggertail
    tiggertail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every guy likes a different type I guess

I was 133lbs when I met my ex-husband & over the 5 years we were together I went up to 190lbs (I'm 5' 6")....he definately preferred me at my former weight (I was ill) & when we separated he admitted that he preferred me at my skinniest size (without the curves)....(.we didn't separate because of my weight btw, we separated because he was an unpleasant individual as it turns out)

My previous boyfriend loved me when I was fit AND curvy! Each to their own.:ohwell:
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I believe its all about symmetry. Sounds weird, but beauty is all mathematics.
    Are brains are hardwired to individually calculate what is attractive. Although there is a perfect symmetry (golden ratio), we tend to be attracted to similar qualities that are a reflection of ourselves. In anatomical art, you learn that men's bodies revolve around a v shape and woman's to an s. Whether its broad, thick, thin, elongated, our bodies are a beautiful form. Too bad that people do not look at beauty from an artist's perspective. >.<
  • coops1989
    Options
    i think curvey women are attractive i am 22 years old and since i was 11 i have always had a womenly shape i have never been fat and i have never inspired to be stick thin either, you clothes look total rubbish because you cant feel them out and so on......

alot of women think men want skinny women because everyone on tv is skinny, the true fact is yet discusting all female celebraties aim to make an impression on girls 13 up to mid 20s, its like it compulsary to be nion ready to die from starvation and being over work. the fact is girls its just eye candy who wants to be eye candy? you always going to be compared to next girl that comes out or so on,
    the point is our hips breast and bum are what make us women why are we working to lose them to impress a boy?????

when they hit maturaty they want weman they want everything fuller and bigger ad so on.i love my curves and so does my boyfriend.
    iam about 5ft 4inhes and i weight 140lb my measurements from my breast down are, 38 inches, 28, 38 on m hips and 45 round my bum. and my partner is 6ft 6 and around 270lb his a body buider.

and he thinks anything skinny is discuting he can say they are pretty for example megan fox, cameron diaz ect, but yet he loves shakira and j-lo he said they are perfect and he wouldnt chnge on curve on me ever.

so i think it proves a real man will always want a real women.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    In my opinion... I wouldn't say they prefer them as a generalisation... And you're most likely to get responses on here in favour of curvier girls because the guys that like leaner girls aren't all going to make a comment for fear of getting a verbal battering. I know just as many guys that like curvier girls than lean girls, and likewise with women. People are attracted to different things. I'd never let a boy/man stop me acheiving the body I want. They have to love me for who I am. Same if I got fat, although if hope they'd kick my *kitten* if I went to either extreme and was going to affect my health.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Based just on this forum (with the exception of a few "different strokes for different folks" comments), I would be alone forever. Not all of us were "blessed" with large breasts and an extreme waist to hip ratio (because, let's face it, when guys say they want a "curvy" girl they're really saying they want an hourglass shape - not simply one with more fat on it).

I will never be busty and traditionally curvy, so I personally prefer to be lean with a flat stomach, toned arms and a perky round (cellulite-free) booty. All of my boyfriends have loved my body (even/especially when I'm thinner), and I've been boyfriendless only for a total of three months since I turned fourteen eight years ago.

I guess my point is that it hurts a bit to see how much emphasis the guys here put on having boobs/a body type that is not obtainable for some of us, but I am glad (for my sake) that my guy friends almost all seem to prefer slim, fit girls so that we get a chance too :P

@juliesummers-You are beautiful and what most women think ALL men will only want. (Except some may want someone out of proportion, lean like you but top heavy like Barbie. We know she would fall over if she was real). Like I said before, even those that profess they love curves, want them in a specific way and not everyone is built to only gain weight in the hips or bust. We should celebrate all bodies and strive for health. You may never be voluptuous and a lot of us will never be as thin and defined like you, and that's where we all work with what we got. The problem is when the media tells everyone that they have to look like you. There are fewer magazines with Queen Latifah than Blake Lively. Celebrate you. I live in L.A. too and I know you are the ideal here, with or without silicone, so of course you shouldn't be hurt at all for the men that profess to love curves. I think men love beauty and feminity and you don't have to be boobalicious for that.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curvy and have no problem finding guys, but I am losing weight for me. Even at my goal weight though I will still be curvy...I'm just not built to be super thin
  • rutkowsm
    rutkowsm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i think curvey women are attractive i am 22 years old and since i was 11 i have always had a womenly shape i have never been fat and i have never inspired to be stick thin either, you clothes look total rubbish because you cant feel them out and so on......

alot of women think men want skinny women because everyone on tv is skinny, the true fact is yet discusting all female celebraties aim to make an impression on girls 13 up to mid 20s, its like it compulsary to be nion ready to die from starvation and being over work. the fact is girls its just eye candy who wants to be eye candy? you always going to be compared to next girl that comes out or so on,
    the point is our hips breast and bum are what make us women why are we working to lose them to impress a boy?????

when they hit maturaty they want weman they want everything fuller and bigger ad so on.i love my curves and so does my boyfriend.
    iam about 5ft 4inhes and i weight 140lb my measurements from my breast down are, 38 inches, 28, 38 on m hips and 45 round my bum. and my partner is 6ft 6 and around 270lb his a body buider.

and he thinks anything skinny is discuting he can say they are pretty for example megan fox, cameron diaz ect, but yet he loves shakira and j-lo he said they are perfect and he wouldnt chnge on curve on me ever.

so i think it proves a real man will always want a real women.

I understand that you did not mean to offend anyone with your post, but instead wished to celebrate curves. So please let me take it a step further with the reminder all women are deserving of being celebrated. I have female friends who are extremely slim. They don't have boobs or hips to speak of, and they are just as much of a woman as I am. Women with huge boobs and no butts are real women. Women with no boobs and tiny waists are real women. Women who have had a double mastectomy are real women. Women come in all shapes and sizes, and they're all real women. Men have a variety of physiques and a multitude of opinions on what makes a person attractive. And they're real men too.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think that guys really like anything with a skirt lol

It's not just the skirt, it's what's in the skirt that counts, and whether or not she has the curves to pull off the skirt.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    My wife too is considering a breast reduction. Me being me I keep telling her I love her just the way she is, in reality I'd prefer she get the breast reduction...

Didn't mean to quote this, sorry!
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Just to throw a spanner in the works... I find it concerning that so many people in society today define being overweight as 'curvy'. Before I gained weight, at a UK size 10 on the hips, a size 6 waist and 32E bra size I would say I was 'curvy'. However, underneath the weight I've gained I am naturally curvy, yes, but do I think at a UK size 14 and a bra size of 34F-G that I'm exclusively curvy? No, I don't, I gained fat, not 'curves'.

This isn't aimed at anyone who has posted here, nor am I suggesting that a size 14 is fat (different shapes and heights affect sizes greatly) just an observation about the use of the word 'curvy' in general.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i lost almost 15 lb.. (134 to 120) and it seems like i get just slightly less attention from guys.
    but i'm not sure because i've been with my bf for an year and almost 6 months out of the relationship i was losing the weight.
    so, it maybe that i just simply don't notice guys giving me attention because i truly love my bf OR if it's because i'm much thinner.
    either way, i don't care. my bf will love me through it all (unless, of course, i was extremely overweight). :wink:
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One thing that really ticks me off is tv. One of my favorite shows is 30 Rock and Tina Fey's Character (Liz) is always teased about her weight and that chick is NOT fat, she looks to be the same size as the "beauty" of the show. And whats more is she is being teased by Alec Baldwins character (Jack) who is clearly overweight. I keep telling myself it's on purpose because Tina is the writer of the show and I like to think she's trying to make a subtle point about hypocracy in tv. OK rant is over.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    For me, a hot woman is a woman who is in command of herself. Overly skinny (Keira Knightley) just makes me shudder. Having a fling with her would be like jumping into a paddling pool filled with toothpicks. Someone mentioned Scarlett Johanssen earlier. She's sexy because she's athletic and capable... and not too skinny.

Curves, a'la Marylin Monroe or even Eva Mendez (ay carumba!!), are super sexy. Because they're toned, carry it well. :D

gag!

I find it amusing that you said what you did about the above comment when in your pictures it shows that you dressed up as Marylin Monroe. If you did not find her beautiful, why impersonate her?

Yep and a much thinner version of Marilyn! My comment referred to the posters comment about Keira-which is my body type.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    FatGirl.jpg

Mmmm sexy....yea skinny girls got nothing on her....loove me some "curves"

sadly Im pretty sure im only a couple sizes smaller than her and my husband thinks im pretty damn sexxi <3

besides (as someone stated before) when we say "curves" we dont necessarily mean "rolls"....

Some guys are into that!!!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I think men like curves. My husband says why would a man want to be with a woman that looks like a child unless he is a perv..
    he wants his woman- me- to look like a woman that has thighs, hips, butt and boobs.:-) lucky for me.. hee hee. Whenever he sees a thin woman, any smaller than a size 10.. his response is not "wow, she's hot", he says ..eeeeww she looks sickly, give that girl some mashed potatoes and milk shake quick..She needs TA EAT!! Poor thing ,She's starving to death!! so there you go
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    So I take it your not "thin"?
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Just to throw a spanner in the works... I find it concerning that so many people in society today define being overweight as 'curvy'. Before I gained weight, at a UK size 10 on the hips, a size 6 waist and 32E bra size I would say I was 'curvy'. However, underneath the weight I've gained I am naturally curvy, yes, but do I think at a UK size 14 and a bra size of 34F-G that I'm exclusively curvy? No, I don't, I gained fat, not 'curves'.

This isn't aimed at anyone who has posted here, nor am I suggesting that a size 14 is fat (different shapes and heights affect sizes greatly) just an observation about the use of the word 'curvy' in general.
    Yes! I hear ya.

Hairpin curves through the mountains = good
    One big circle around the lake = not good
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I feel so shallow . . . I find curves very, very, sexy. But I think it's just how a lot of us (guys) are and a lot of it has to do with biology and brain sex. Curves mean fertility, etc, which at the end of the day is what drives us all to find a mate if we want kids or not. It's always lurking in the background.

I would say he's with you because of a mix of how you look and who you are. Afterall, I bet he saw you before he talked to you. It doesn't make you any less valuable inside. You're, well, you're just attractive weight loss or no weight loss.

Loose what weight you feel you have to if you like for you, feel good. Please feel good about yourself.
    I'm on here becaue I don't think curves are sexy on a guy, namely me. I want more confidence and energy.

^^^^^ He said it right.