heres a nerd topic star wars or star trek

Options

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    “What’s needed today, now, more than ever, is ‘Star Peace’ for there is an ominous, mutual threat to all science fiction. It’s called ‘Twilight’. And it is really, really bad...Let’s us all just live and let live – long and prosperously. And, may the force be with you always!"

--George Takei
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    seriously, you nerds need to go watch battlestar galactica. then you'll be like "gene who?"

the original or the new series?

the original sucked.

I love me some Katee Sackhoff...
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    “What’s needed today, now, more than ever, is ‘Star Peace’ for there is an ominous, mutual threat to all science fiction. It’s called ‘Twilight’. And it is really, really bad...Let’s us all just live and let live – long and prosperously. And, may the force be with you always!"

--George Takei

^^^^^ This!!!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Beam me up, Scottie!
  • Galletakek
    Options
    star trek!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    star trek 100%
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be a Star Trek fan. That is until the husband started watching DS9 and I caught a few episodes with him. It got me hooked and so now I'm watching the entire series but I'm not very far. I'm in the middle of season 2. The sad part is that I only started watching the series a week ago. I typically get in 2 - 3 episodes a day during the week and at least 6 episodes on Saturday and Sunday!

My official answer: both (well Star Wars and DS9 at least!)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    We must take a stand against injustice;
    We must speak out against oppression and tyranny.
    Let your voice be heard for the truth.
    Say it with me, you guardians of all that is decent and right:
    HAN SHOT FIRST!

before Lucas effed with it, it was Star Wars. I adore them both though. so i can only say that my heart belongs to

gateroom.jpg

Stargate: SG-1.

Because spinning is so much cooler than not spinning.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Star Wars for me wins hands down. The force is strong with this one I feel.
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "I see your swartz is as big as mine."

Damn people, come on, Spaceballs is where it's at!!!!
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Star Wars...

I live my life by Yoda's wise words when lifting weights and learning to go heavier.

"NO! No different, only different in your mind......Do or do not, there is no try!"
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Star Trek Rules! James T. Kirk... stud-muffin! Female (can't say woman), in every port! Loved Spock, Bones, Scotty! Such an awesome crew!

Star Wars... ruined by the constant whining of the Skywalker babies (Anakin AND Luke). Seriously? You're so powerful in the force but still a whiny baby! Grrr... Loved Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader... just overshadowed by the constant whining and sniveling of the Skywalkers!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Just made a friend start watching the new Battlestar, she is 2 episodes in and loving it! Really fantastic series, I even genuinely loved the end.
    Also a huge Babylon 5 fan, my dog is called Lyta :) My guinea pigs were Inara and Maggie (for Firefly and Love and Rockets), my cat is Door (Neverwhere) *awards self billion nerd points*
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    Star Wars of course!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy Star Trek but Star Wars reigns supreme in my home ... so much so that our wedding cake and rings will be Star Wars themed and I have the Droid R2D2 ... May the Force Be with You
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Star Wars. Its the theme of my wedding reception :-)

Plus, Boba Fett is the best

Your wedding reception sounds awesome!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    See here's the thing with that loaded question. People will say Star Wars because that's what everyone else will say. But if you look at the quality between the two Star Trek far surpasses in that regard.

Who was better at Merchandising? Well no one can beat Star Wars. They have covered almost everything that you can think of with the Lucas Arts brand.

Star Trek for me is my favorite. It had better acting, better characters and a story line.

Ummm......what?

There are several Star Trek movies that are pretty bad all around, none of the Star Wars movies were bad but the originals were clearly better.
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In 1977 Star Wars was amazing (I was 7)! I was hooked and it just kept getting better :-)

That aside, the recent Star Trek movie was a great prequel (story line). The special effects were excellent too. But Star Wars will always have that little 7 year olds heart ;-)
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The ORIGINAL STAR WARS!!!!! Spok is cool & all...but nothing beats Star Wars. I don't even know what it is about that trilogy, but it just blows away everything else. Been watching it since I was 8, & was a proud "Rebel Spy" on the ride in Disneyland hahahahaha

Can I also add that the Alien quadrilogy is frickin sweet!!
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Love both, Own both, Watch both (Trek Movies at least) All The Time. So I don't know if I could pick between Kirk or Han. I'd have them both, if I could. :p But if we're just talking about Favorite Sc-Fi, which includes time travel and magic(s)...

I'd have to say Army of Darkness, all the way!