heres a nerd topic star wars or star trek

Options
12346»

Replies

• iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Star Trek!

I love Star Wars (original trilogy). Still remember when my uncle showed it to us sisters for the first time. I dreamt of laser swords for weeks! <3

but star trek I like better. TOS for amusingly bad tech, DS9 for the characters and plots, TNG for Worf (so hot!), Voyager for drama. I like the universe created in Star Trek better.

all in all, though, I'm more of a fantasy girl. Give me knights, dragons and wizards! And princesses kidnapping dragons.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Star Trek! 'Live long and prosper'
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Star Trek. Gene Roddenberry was brilliant! Star Trek was much more intelligent and well written. I do like Star Wars as well, but they are not even in the same league!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    star-wars-vs-star-trek.jpeg
  • Serenavictoria
    Serenavictoria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like both... Although I will say Wars. Although, I feel like Lucas just can't get enough money from us... The new special secret add on directors cut star wars in 3D! Buy it now! And I did but the new blu ray box set.

It also creeps me out when coyotes dress like luke and leia. That's your sister, gross.

And JarJar? Ugh just stab me.

I have to say, 7 of 9, from Trek was my first female crush. I still have have One for her (I am bisexual). And Picard? Awesome.

Also, LOTR for the win. Haha.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Love them both! But Star WARS wins!
  • NerdyXX
    NerdyXX Posts: 28
    Options
    Ok. So. People always compare the two but I think it's mostly because they have "Star" in the name.
    WHAT ABOUT STARGATE, HUH!?

Anyway:
    Here's my opinion.

Star Wars is more of a fantasy story than a sci-fi. I love it's story, characters and most of all the community around it. I mean, every Star Wars book is technically a fan fiction! I love the Star Wars universe as a whole and am currently playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and loving it. I love both the old and new movies (with the exception of JarJar).

Star Trek is more of a sci-fi in the classic sense. I can relate to Star Trek because it's got Earth just a lot further in the future than I'm going to live to see (Q.Q). The stories are expansive, the characters are well developed. I liked all of the newer movies but did not like most of the original series because it was more of a comedy than a series sci-fi.

Over all I could watch both Star Wars and Star Trek over and over and over and over.

2 Years ago I was Jadzia Dax for halloween. I drew on my own spots for over an hour.
    2012 Halloween: I'm going as a female Zabrak based on my SW:ToR character. I'm going to paint my own face and wear a bald cap.

Basically: Nerds need to unite under our nerdom!

7b60cc2afc2d-l.jpg
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

check and mate

page2.gif
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Star Trek.

But I really prefer Babylon 5!:laugh:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Star Trek.

gtfo.png
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Star Trek.

I tried, I really tried to watch Babylon 5 but...OW. ow ow ow ow...just couldn't. Somehow it gave me the same feeling as Dallas. O.o I know, I can be weird sometimes.
  • Jain
    Options
    Just made a friend start watching the new Battlestar, she is 2 episodes in and loving it! Really fantastic series, I even genuinely loved the end.
    Also a huge Babylon 5 fan, my dog is called Lyta :) My guinea pigs were Inara and Maggie (for Firefly and Love and Rockets), my cat is Door (Neverwhere) *awards self billion nerd points*

Cool! A cat named Door!
  • Jain
    Options
    Star Trek.

gtfo.png

Sharn't. So there!:laugh:

I also love Firefly. Do I get a pass for that?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

check and mate

page2.gif

I think you better check the board, three dimensional Star Trek chess just owned you, bam!

hotvulcan.jpg
  • itreycee
    Options
    Star Wars for sure!