HATEFUL people in the forums

Options

Replies

• chelleymarie88
    Options
    I don't think you know what it's like to actually have your privacy invaded.

I like my privacy invaded...Giggity giggity.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    banghead.gif

in before the lock.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It's funny how you can bash things you don't like, but the moment that someone does it to you, you go and ask for the thread to be deleted. A bit one sided, don't you think?
    Wow, that is completely not what she said happened. She made a general statement toward no one in particular and was attacked personally. How are those two things the same? You took a plea for people to be civil to each other and somehow twisted it into that? Unbelievable. There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between saying you don't like SOMETHING and being personally offensive.

Dude, did you even see the thread she's talking about?
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree...

Couldn't care less. Sorry, pet peeve.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    So...you had the offensive thread deleted, and now you're restarting the argument?
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I didn't see your previous thread, but I have seen people come here for sport. It's not pretty, sometimes.

I actually was going to start a thread today on what people would buy as a very basic wardrobe for casual living. But, then I thought of a few recent unpleasant interactions I have had here, and didn't.

One of my friends here told me she put three message board women on 'ignore' a few days back and enjoys posting here a lot better since that. Worth thinking about.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Sorry for the rant... but had to get it off my chest.
    That thread exploded into ugliness. Sorry you were attacked personally. I suspect some people were reacting to a very real problem in society where women are aggressively negative and competitive with each other. That negativity and competition is often about looks. And this is a fitness website, where many people are trying to improve their looks (and many wear their hearts on their sleeves and are sensitive enough to feel slighted by wind changes).

Which is to say you threw a match into a powder keg. You are not responsible for the powder keg, or its explosion. You are responsible for the match. Nothing more, nothing less. Take ownership of that piece and move on. It's the Internet.

I don't mean to dismiss your feelings. It was out of line to post your pictures like that and personally attack you. I think you wanted to start a light-hearted discussion about a topic that some people don't react to light-heartedly. I've made the same mistake before. Many of us have. But remember that what you posted wasn't really a *discussion topic* in the sense of "what are your thoughts, views, and experiences about topic X?" - it was more of a personal rant (you labeled it as such) and was basically airing your grievances about some people's fashion choices.

Completely within your right to post. Just explaining the match.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    So...you had the offensive thread deleted, and now you're restarting the argument?

I was just going to say this.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

LMFAO
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Your profile is public. Anyone can see your pictures. How was your privacy invaded?

This. You have elected for people to be able to view your pictures. No invasion of privacy.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

mornin' sugar

21d4e9w.jpg
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'd still like to say we really, really need more girl on girl pillow fights.

thank you for your support.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

Youre my new favorite
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

You need to attend more sleepovers! That's all girls do.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

It's true
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

*in our panties
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Yes forgot to mention that ;)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Sorry for the rant... but had to get it off my chest.

Message boards have changed from about a year ago, there now appear to be many trolls and a***holes that think it is great fun to verbally abuse others on the internet.

It is not just on MFP either, it is all over the internet, on different forums - all different subjects.

One person on my MFP buddy list actually said the other day that they had wanted to start a thread but was almost scared to start it due to being almost sure they were going to get flamed for doing so - which they did end up suffering. It was all unnecessary and uncalled for and I am totally curious to know if half of those that flamed others on the forums would do so to somebody, in the outside world, face-to-face.

It is not a crime to have an opinion, but some people seem to think that anything somebody may say that does not fit in with their own view verges on criminal activity!

I am with you on this one OP, some of the replies I have seen lately are disgraceful and the perpetrators are either trolls or so damned angry with their own lives, they take it out on strangers on the net.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and don't let anybody tell you any different!! :flowerforyou:
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

*in our panties

Well, I didn't to give all the secrets away...
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

*in our panties

With feathers falling all around us, in slow motion
This discussion has been closed.