HATEFUL people in the forums

Options

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I didn't see your previous thread, but I have seen people come here for sport. It's not pretty, sometimes.

I actually was going to start a thread today on what people would buy as a very basic wardrobe for casual living. But, then I thought of a few recent unpleasant interactions I have had here, and didn't.

One of my friends here told me she put three message board women on 'ignore' a few days back and enjoys posting here a lot better since that. Worth thinking about.

Can you do that? Put somebody on ignore I mean, if so, how do you do that?
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    128871654663195036.jpg
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't think you know what it's like to actually have your privacy invaded.

I like my privacy invaded...Giggity giggity.

mornin' sugar

21d4e9w.jpg

bahahaha.. that dude cracks me up!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Sorry for the rant... but had to get it off my chest.

Message boards have changed from about a year ago, there now appear to be many trolls and a***holes that think it is great fun to verbally abuse others on the internet.

It is not just on MFP either, it is all over the internet, on different forums - all different subjects.

One person on my MFP buddy list actually said the other day that they had wanted to start a thread but was almost scared to start it due to being almost sure they were going to get flamed for doing so - which they did end up suffering. It was all unnecessary and uncalled for and I am totally curious to know if half of those that flamed others on the forums would do so to somebody, in the outside world, face-to-face.

It is not a crime to have an opinion, but some people seem to think that anything somebody may say that does not fit in with their own view verges on criminal activity!

I am with you on this one OP, some of the replies I have seen lately are disgraceful and the perpetrators are either trolls or so damned angry with their own lives, they take it out on strangers on the net.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and don't let anybody tell you any different!! :flowerforyou:

I have a problem with this post. Have you ANY idea what the previous thread was? Did you see it? Lol, there were not "hateful" comments about the OP. She started a hateful thread, that did nothing, but criticize how other women do their make up & dress. It seems OP was the one angry to begin with, hun.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    128871654663195036.jpg

I want to marry him.... *kitten*-eyed and all <3
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'd still like to say we really, really need more girl on girl pillow fights.

thank you for your support.

You need to attend more sleepovers! That's all girls do.

*in our panties

With feathers falling all around us, in slow motion

right before we break out in tickle fights
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

*in our panties

I am so at the wrong sleepovers... can I get an invite to the next one?
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

*in our panties

I knew the ancient legends were true
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Go_On.jpg
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Message boards have changed from about a year ago, there now appear to be many trolls and a***holes that think it is great fun to verbally abuse others on the internet.

It is not just on MFP either, it is all over the internet, on different forums - all different subjects.

One person on my MFP buddy list actually said the other day that they had wanted to start a thread but was almost scared to start it due to being almost sure they were going to get flamed for doing so - which they did end up suffering. It was all unnecessary and uncalled for and I am totally curious to know if half of those that flamed others on the forums would do so to somebody, in the outside world, face-to-face.

It is not a crime to have an opinion, but some people seem to think that anything somebody may say that does not fit in with their own view verges on criminal activity!

I am with you on this one OP, some of the replies I have seen lately are disgraceful and the perpetrators are either trolls or so damned angry with their own lives, they take it out on strangers on the net.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and don't let anybody tell you any different!! :flowerforyou:

The original OT was a hateful "lets bash what we don't like about other people" and it got out of hand and this is an attention W***e post saying woe is me, people were mean to me!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Damn, I been missing out - I thought that just happened in fantasy land! LMAO!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Oh then we crack out the jello for wrestling, it just gets everywhere! :ohwell:
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

*in our panties

Oh then we crack out the jello for wrestling, it just gets everywhere! :ohwell:

Is it bad to be aroused by this. :\
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

I didn't read the responses here but this caught my eye. Your profile is not private, anyone can go on there and take your photo, it is not an invasion of your privacy, you are on the internet. If you do not want peple creepin your profile, make it so your profile is "friends only".

Just my 2 cents of course... but I don't need your permission to open your profile and go through your pictures...
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

*in our panties

I am so at the wrong sleepovers... can I get an invite to the next one?

*shrugs* Girls only.... sorry :(
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Women+Fashion= serious effing business., it's like religion discussions. :laugh:
  • Need2Bfit2012
    Options
    Oh, wow. that's horrible. I'm so sorry you had that experience!! Let's see if it happens to me....
    LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.

I'm waiting for the hate....

:smile:
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Oh, wow. that's horrible. I'm so sorry you had that experience!! Let's see if it happens to me....
    LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.

I'm waiting for the hate....

:smile:

Hun, you did it differently. It wasn't in a disrespectful manner.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It happens. Some people are just full of spite and seem to get their kicks out of trying to belittle other people. It doesn't make it right, but it has happened on every forum I have ever been on.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

And people who post to ask real questions have their threads drowning in the crap that everyone else wants to bicker about.
This discussion has been closed.