HATEFUL people in the forums

Options

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'd still like to say we really, really need more girl on girl pillow fights.

thank you for your support.

You need to attend more sleepovers! That's all girls do.

*in our panties

With feathers falling all around us, in slow motion

right before we break out in tickle fights

Oh then we crack out the jello for wrestling, it just gets everywhere! :ohwell:

Is it bad to be aroused by this. :\

We both must be closet lesbians
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. that's horrible. I'm so sorry you had that experience!! Let's see if it happens to me....
    LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS.

I'm waiting for the hate....

:smile:

Say NO to CAMEL TOE!! :laugh:
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Oooohhh people being mean on the internet. That's a new one.

And it's not invasion of privacy if you're posting your pictures on the internet. Just sayin'. So you can't use that argument. You don't want people to be using your pictures like that? Don't post them.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I suspect some people were reacting to a very real problem in society where women are aggressively negative and competitive with each other. That negativity and competition is often about looks.

Who are these women of whom you speak in such generalized terms? I do not know them. The women I know are AWESOME, supportive, loving, and inspirational.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

No, no it is not, it's all kinds of right :blushing:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion,

A lighthearted discussion bashing women, that's all!

OP, I wonder why you don't think what you did was HATEFUL? Did you think there was not one woman on MFP that does the things you mentioned? Were you trying to help them or something? Because I think what you did was help other women feel like crap.

Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Room for 1 more?? ;)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Quite. I've never heard anything of the sort before.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It happens. Some people are just full of spite and seem to get their kicks out of trying to belittle other people. It doesn't make it right, but it has happened on every forum I have ever been on.

^^Sadly true for me, too.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Sorry for the rant... but had to get it off my chest.
    That thread exploded into ugliness. Sorry you were attacked personally. I suspect some people were reacting to a very real problem in society where women are aggressively negative and competitive with each other. That negativity and competition is often about looks. And this is a fitness website, where many people are trying to improve their looks (and many wear their hearts on their sleeves and are sensitive enough to feel slighted by wind changes).

Which is to say you threw a match into a powder keg. You are not responsible for the powder keg, or its explosion. You are responsible for the match. Nothing more, nothing less. Take ownership of that piece and move on. It's the Internet.

I don't mean to dismiss your feelings. It was out of line to post your pictures like that and personally attack you. I think you wanted to start a light-hearted discussion about a topic that some people don't react to light-heartedly. I've made the same mistake before. Many of us have. But remember that what you posted wasn't really a *discussion topic* in the sense of "what are your thoughts, views, and experiences about topic X?" - it was more of a personal rant (you labeled it as such) and was basically airing your grievances about some people's fashion choices.

Completely within your right to post. Just explaining the match.

I completely agree with this
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Room for 1 more?? ;)

Group love is greater love
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Quite. I've never heard anything of the sort before.
    I've heard of someone being WRONG...but never someone being mean. Never. :huh:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I just posted a topic in the forums about trendy fashion styles for women that I did not like, which I reported to the moderator to have deleted because people were just mean and outright hateful and vicious to me and others in the tread... someone even copied and posted one of my pictures from my profile and posted in the thread about fashions that I had that they didn't like... Now I'm sorry if people were offended by anything that I had to say in the thread... I was just meaning for it to be a light hearted discussion, I did not mention any person specifically I just said a few trends that I didn't care for.

But I was appalled at the vicious personal attacks on me and my character from people that didn't even know me. And going through my profile to post my pictures without my permission was a complete invasion of privacy.

If you disagree with me then that's fine... I could care less if you wore leggings every single day if you like... and go ahead and say that you disagree... but to be outright mean to someone on a personal level because they say that they don't like a particular fashion is rude and uncalled for.

Same goes for everyone who has hateful things to say about any particular person or post on here... If you disagree with the OP... then disagree with them, that's what we have forums for... to discuss things... or if it really is offensive, then report it... but don't attack other people on a personal level... that makes you no better than what you clearly think they are. Lets try to keep thinks at an adult level please!

Youhazasad.jpg
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Just walk away.....please
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

*in our panties

Room for 1 more?? ;)

Ahahaha. Only if you promise to wear leggings!! <3
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Room for 1 more?? ;)

I'll tease my hair and make duck face too ;)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

*in our panties

I am too..
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

*in our panties

Room for 1 more?? ;)

I'll tease my hair and make duck face too ;)

and wear blush.... pleeeeasssseee wear blush!!!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    301188_2479304183162_1269261111_33003314_1023538885_n.jpg
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

Message boards have changed from about a year ago, there now appear to be many trolls and a***holes that think it is great fun to verbally abuse others on the internet.

It is not just on MFP either, it is all over the internet, on different forums - all different subjects.

One person on my MFP buddy list actually said the other day that they had wanted to start a thread but was almost scared to start it due to being almost sure they were going to get flamed for doing so - which they did end up suffering. It was all unnecessary and uncalled for and I am totally curious to know if half of those that flamed others on the forums would do so to somebody, in the outside world, face-to-face.

It is not a crime to have an opinion, but some people seem to think that anything somebody may say that does not fit in with their own view verges on criminal activity!

I am with you on this one OP, some of the replies I have seen lately are disgraceful and the perpetrators are either trolls or so damned angry with their own lives, they take it out on strangers on the net.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and don't let anybody tell you any different!! :flowerforyou:

The original OT was a hateful "lets bash what we don't like about other people" and it got out of hand and this is an attention W***e post saying woe is me, people were mean to me!

jesuscry.jpg
This discussion has been closed.