Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Seems there are others here for the same reason and not just looking for some miracle weight loss trick. To me it is a lifestyle change as it was the way I am was living that got me to this point and I never want to go through this again but instead to down to a healthy weight and life style then stay that way
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I'm there with you. I'm going for a lifestyle change. Healthy natural weight loss, not a quick fix that will put me in a binge later. (Although I do WISH it would come off fast sometimes, lol). My first goal is to get to 200 (losing 45 pounds). Then ideally I'd like to get to around 180-170-ish.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No pills here...All lifestyle change....This isn't a diet for me....

Same here. I'm trying to change my outlook on the way I eat/move/feel. Now, since I'm pre-diabetic I DO have to take a pill to control my blood sugar which might help me a little bit, but I'd have to take it whether I was 'dieting' or not. I'm actually hoping by doing this I will NEVER have to take another blood sugar pill again! :)
  • shesonic80
    shesonic80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not using any pills or anything unnatural. I eat whatever i want and watch my calories. I exercise everyday to my wii fitness program and have lost 50 lbs.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just watching what I put in my mouth and serving sizes. Trying to increase activity and 42 lbs down and staying. Hope to lose 20 more the right way
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    Only pill I take are multi-vitamin, fish oil, and some good old C ! ;)

Ditto!
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been there done that with pills...nothing ever worked...and I alwys felt deprived...I feel much more satisfied with my diet now that I am doing it correctly...and I am incorporating it to be a diet I will live by for the rest of my life...and I am losing the weight. I started off with about 40-50 pounds to lose and have lost 26. Another 20-30 and I will be where I need to be!! So excited!! It's slow, but the weight is creeping off steadily!
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 lbs without pills or anything else. I'm trying to eat the way I will have to the rest of my life to stay healthy. I don't deprive myself I just look for a healthier way to cook something. It can be done.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I've not used any weight loss pills and I've lost 35 pounds. I measure my food, I reach my calorie goal, eat back some exercise calories and log in every day. The only way to achieve this and make it for life is too change how you eat and make sure you exercise.
  • jgillis12
    Options
    I'm doing this the old-fashioned way. I've changed some of my eating habits and I've started working out. I'm trying to, and am going to, lose these 40lbs the right way. I personally think that when you do those pills and stuff, the weight eventually comes back with avengence. And I don't want that to happen to me.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think you will find most people are going for lifestyle change, not a quick fix. Since October of 2010, I have lost 65 lbs. Not quick, but it is gone just the same. It is hard work, but worth every bit of ot. Good luck in your journey.

This is ME - working at it since Nov of 2010 and I've lost 68 lbs. I try to walk 4-5 days a week during my lunch hour - even in the wintertime. In the summertime I try to jog or ride bike in the evenings. I'm trying to stick to a lower sodium diet for my high blood pressure. The only pills I take are scripts for my b.pressure and my underactive thyroid. Portion control and eating cleaner are how I've been successful. MFP is the best helper - lets me track all those categories I need to control.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I am doing this the old fashioned way. I have lost 111 pounds in exactly one year on MFP. I don't do any fad diets, no special programs, no pills, no surgery, etc. I eat a clean, healthy diet, I watch my calories and I exercise my rear end off :-)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No gimmick here. I started in August with a total lifestyle change. Now it's January 38lbs later and I'm loving it! Slow steady weight loss with diet and exercise is the only way to maintain long term.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    No pills or fad diets. Educating myself on healthy ways to live without sacrificing everything I love so that I can continue this after my weight loss goal is complete. By trying new things like Yoga, I am finding other forms of exercise I love. I am really in to bicycling and running now and will do my first 5K in May and when I go on vacation in June, I want to try some other new activities like zip-lining and climbing.
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes ... I am being accountable to myself (and my family) by recording what I eat on MFP and staying within the calories they allow. I am not using pills of any kind for weight loss ... no diuretic, no laxatives, no, nada, none. I am drinking 8 or more glasses of water everyday. I am watching my sodium and keeping it waaaaaay below what MFP allows, but am getting the nutrients I need. I do not take extra vitamins, other than the Vitamin D. I have not gone to a gym. I have walked around my neighborhood and on the treadmill, but no even everyday. Weight loss is easy if you make up your mind that you are going to actually do it and be patient with it. It takes time. Quick weight loss is stupid weight loss.

After using MFP and losing weight the right way ... the smart way ... I will always "watch" what I eat, be keeping track of my calories and drinking lots of water and getting enough rest and being reasonably active.
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I tried two times only to use pills i.e. two days. Both were a disaster. I lost weight with weight watchers years ago, but can not stand the meetings. I gained it back when I was ill so......Now just following the calorie counting in MFP and continue to walk my dog. I can not exercise a lot due to health problems. Pills are not the answer. Addressing why you eat and changing can work. What puts you in the "eating zone". Do it for yourself, not just for someone else. Good luck!
  • JC98
    JC98 Posts: 21
    Options
    No pills or any of that stuff here. No diet here, just changing the way I eat, how much and exercising more. I want to lose for good and be a healthier person, if that means taking it slower to make sure it lasts...so be it.

I just started here a few weeks ago and glad that I did, everyone seems very supportive and look forward to talking to everyone. :)
  • kitster900
    Options
    I started September 2nd, and I've lost 79 pounds with 1200 calories/day and an hour workout every morning. No pills, no weird programs--only MyFitnessPal to keep track of my numbers.
  • 77Maria
    77Maria Posts: 90
    Options
    I am and I need to lose 50 pounds....doing it cause I know the lifestyle change will make the difference for LIfe! I started a group on Food for life...so others can leave good recipes etc. Went swimming this week and found out you lose a lot of calories in just 1 hour doing either simple aerobics or sidestroke or trying to run down the lap lane! It was fun! Everyone is different, there are a lot of great people here and I am new also!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    The only thing I used was MFP and good ol' hard work and eating right.