Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds without any tricks, pills or gimmicks. I ate less and moved more. Honestly, simple, old-fashioned moderation and portion control worked really well for me. There were no forbidden foods, no 'dieting', no 1200 calorie days. I lost the weight eating about 2000 calories a day.
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree that this requires a lifestyle change. However, I don't necessarily agree that pills are a gimmick or only promote a quick weight loss that will fade quick. When I started this journey I took pills to jumpstart my loss. I also completely changed my lifestyle and have not gained any weight back. It all depends on the pills you take and your own determination.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing this the healthy way- 100% :smile:
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    40lbs down and no pills, barely any "diet" products! :) woop
  • kristyhooker
    Options
    I lost a little over 100 pounds and did it with no pills..... though I do supplement, vitamins and whey protein .... just eating healthy and working out!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    <~~~ here... No pills or fad diets.. just hard work :happy:
  • elliejmoore
    elliejmoore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Im doing it for the long haul, changing my lifestyle instead of a quick fix diet. I have around 40lb to lose, i know its gonna be hard work. Gonna be a mix of watching what i eat and exercising hard.

Good luck with your journey to a healthier u. Feel free to add me if u want - the more friends, the more motivation and support there is.

Take care.
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No funny stuff here!!
    I started my life change 3 weeks ago. Hard work and eating right is how i'm getting there, staying there and maintaining it!!
    Feel free to friend me!! We can motivate each other! :happy:
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This is all I hear! Go get scripts for this or do this crazy diet program, you'll lose quick!

Is anyone here trying to make a lifestyle change? Not a quick weight drop then go right back to your old weight a year later? Even weight loss procedures have been recommended! I feel like Im alone on this where I am from. Pills seem to be the main stream...

Anyone here doing this with good honest hard work and not relying on some gimmicks?

Bought a 60 day supply of Alli last year (they're still good) but am terrified of using them. Doing this the old fashioned way - holding myself accountable by logging in the food daily.

katie
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is all I hear! Go get scripts for this or do this crazy diet program, you'll lose quick!

Is anyone here trying to make a lifestyle change? Not a quick weight drop then go right back to your old weight a year later? Even weight loss procedures have been recommended! I feel like Im alone on this where I am from. Pills seem to be the main stream...

Anyone here doing this with good honest hard work and not relying on some gimmicks?
    No way - I use the best medicine know to man on planet Earth - diet and exercise.

In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.
    I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.
    And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back
    I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 70lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.

Diet
    I increased calories to almost 3000 to account for my activity level, exercises and other variables, and I thought NO WAY! I was eating less than half that....
    Out of the 70 lb total weight loss, half of that resulted from a higher calorie diet but slightly restricted with enough of a deficit to reflect a 1lb weekly weight loss.

It worked!

And today I have less than 10 lbs to go, eating around 3000 daily except on rest days, losing 1 lb each week like clockwork.
    If your input is right, all will be well.

No Pills - Nothing but hard work and time.

All Is Possible!
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    115 lb down eating healthy fruit n veg and getting exercise in! I have a new lease of life, skip along like a spring lamb and I'm not even finished yet!!9125117.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    No gimmicks for me, either! I have lost 50lbs and maintained that for over 8months! Now i'm hoping to lose another 10 and be in the best shape of my life. I did all of it by counting calories on MFP and working out at the gym!!!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    This is a good question. It's true that you hear a lot about this pill or that pill and fad diets, but they don't work, plain and simple. Oh, sure you may lose 5 or 10 pounds with them, but it come back. It always does. I know because I have tried diet pills and fads. But starting a week ago, I have been getting up at five thirty in the morning and going to the gym until seven thirty and coming home and showering and going to work. It's amazing how much better I feel, physically and mentally. I am not even worried that the weight isn't flying off of my body. On those diets, I would weigh in every day and cuss like the ****ens if I didn't lose. But now, I feel so happy all the time. I think all that exercise is setting off some sort of happy endorphins in my brain! I am sure I will lose by next week, it just takes time for the body to adjust to something new.

But yes, I am changing my life with good old fashioned diet and exercise. . It's the only thing that works, and it makes me happier than any happy pill out there.
  • jellyfishbones
    jellyfishbones Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Yup, that's all I'm doing. No pills, no food restrictions, no surgery, just logging my meals, weighing every day, sleeping enough, drinking lots of water, working out (and not at a gym, I use a Wii). I eat fairly 'clean' and make most of our food from scratch (I don't eat differently from my son and husband), but I wouldn't say that I have a 'perfect' diet. I even still put mayo on my sandwiches from time to time. You do have to make you mind up and truly commit yourself to changing your lifestyle. It's not easy, but it's not impossible. There's lots of support on the site and that is a huge help, too.
  • yoli_bee
    Options
    I lost 47 lbs with a lifestyle and exercise change :)
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am strictly doing diet and exercise. I have absolutely no intentions of taking pills to get rid of this excess weight. I didn't take pills to put the weight on so I see no need to take pills to get it off. I'm doing this slowly as I plan to keep this off for the rest of my life!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • stewartjl
    Options
    I have lost 42 pounds since I started in October 2010 with a healthier lifestyle which has included using MFP to count calories and joining a gym. No pills or diet plans. My plan is to lose 23 more pounds following this same regimen.
  • tequila76
    Options
    im doing it as a lifestyle change because this is something that im gonna have to stick with the rest of my life! i still go out and eat and even have a few glasses of wine! i just plan for it and work it in my calories! once u get the hang of it it becomes eazy! hang in there
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    No pills, no fads, no junk, no meal replacements, no cleanses, no detox.

Nobody needs any of that crap to succeed, and it's counter productive anyway.

The "secret"? Just eating great healthy food and getting up off my big fat *kitten*.

People keep asking me what the "secret" is and they look so disappointed when I tell them. :bigsmile:

EDITED TO ADD: When I say no pills, that's not strictly true, I do take a multivitamin, calcium, fish oil and glucosamine - not to help weight loss though, in fact the fish oil adds 20 calories a day to my intake!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    No diet plans, no get fit quick fads, but a recovery protein shake after strength work outs. I work my butt off and count my calories. I'm not always the best, but I'm honest to myself. That's how I'll get it off and how I'll keep the weight off.