Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Completely natural here! I eat at least 1500 calories a day and exercise! I am going to be able to do this "diet" for the rest of my life.
  • vcreinert
    Options
    I'm not using pills (script or OTC) or any other wild diet potion. Those things are not good for your body. Most of all they put a strain on the heart especially those with caffeine overload.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist actually recommended a type of diet pill to me, which I was hesitant to use. Then she told me another patient of hers lost a lot on them, and when she stopped she gained back 20-30 pounds or so. Well, that is not what I want. I am too scared to use diet pills anyway, they just don't seem healthy. I have lost more than 50 pounds since I started this, and I am losing steadily. I have changed my lifestyle completely to something I will be able to live by at any weight.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am here t5o make a PERMANENT lifestyle change.... I have been "dieting" on and off since I was 10 years old, and after three kids and years of yo- yo dieting, I came here to change my lifestyle to healthy all the way. Fad diets don't work, and aren't healthy.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am doing a plain jane lifestyle change! I got rid of processed foods, and I am exercising!
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40 lbs and I've done it by eating healthier and exercising my butt off (literally). No gimmicks here.
  • bignuce
    bignuce Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i'm doing it the healthy way. No pills no nothing but good ole calory counting
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11lbs in the last 23 days from clean eating and exercising. I have 19lbs to go for my goal and I do not use any supplements unless you count a multivitamin and fish oil? No fat burners, stacks etc. This is more of a lifestyle change for me because I was lucky in my 20's to naturally have a super fast metabolism and now I'm 30 and noticed it has substantially slowed. I like having control of my life again and not letting the bar scene/ junk food prematurely kill me.
  • Iowazoe
    Options
    I just joined local TOPS, and am eating just healthy, leaning towards vegetarian
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There is no "quick fix" for weight loss. I have been on a weight roller coaster for most of my life and only when I started loosing it the healthy (natural) way, did it stay off. So, NO Pills, Diet Drinks, Diet Meals or any of that "quick weight loss garbage" for me. Just healthy food and exercise.
  • Quicksilvas
    Quicksilvas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have used Hydroxycut before and I thought it helped, but it really was not the pill. This time around I have not used any supplements and focus on changing the way I eat and stay focused exercising. Pills do not change lifestyles. That is the great thing about MFP is it helps you see what you put into your body allowing you to change your lifestyle. No pills please!!!
  • jebryant90
    Options
    I am determined to do this the healthy way - watching my calories, and trying to exercise at least 3 times a week. It is gradually coming off, and I think that is better in the long run. The times I've tried quick weight loss schemes always result in gaining it all back quickly, with extra pounds! Not willing to do that anymore, so I've just got to do it the hard way. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was worth building!
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I take Acai but thats about it! All the rest is hard grind! I intend to stay skinny and healthy for ever and ever and ever! I have already started working out what I am going to do for workouts and things once I get to maintaining!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No magic pills or faddy diets here.

I'm on plenty of medication for bipolar disorder and IBS. My bipolar meds are, in part, the reason that I gained over 60 lb in a year. I was already a good 20 lb overweight.
    My aim is to lose 80 lb. I'm a quarter of the way there and it's taken me six months of sheer hard work.

My calorie intake is 1,400/day. I always try to eat back my exercise calories.
    If I can't get to the gym I take a half hour walk at least five days a week.

For me it's a permanent lifestyle change. I still eat a few doughnuts and the odd bar of chocolate, but they are things that I look forward to rather than things that are in my daily diet.

It's been slow going and I don't expect it to speed up any time soon. It may take me another year and a half to get where I want to go, but it will be worth it.

Best of all, I will know that *I* did this!
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    I've lost 32 pounds in 4 months without pills. I have maintained a strict 2100 calorie diet and added all kinds of activity into my life. Including training for a half marathon. I was 290. Not anymore. :)
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Mindful meal preparation, whole foods,good nutrition and sound exercise based on the way our bodies were meant to move. I avoid any medication, pill, drink or other concoction that is not medically necessary for my health. Thankfully my medicine cabinet is empty except for Mucinex and Ibuprofen (it is cold season here after all!) and I hope it stays that way for as many years as possible!

3 months, 23 pounds down, 40 to go!

Here's to natural health!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm eating healthier and exercising. That's all. I would never use a diet pill.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I don't use pills but I do drink Shakeology at least once a day. It's for way more reasons than to lose weight. It has so many amazing ingredients in it that help you become "regular" and I've also gotten to stop taking medicine because it's helping my body.
  • frugalbecca
    frugalbecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tried phentermine prescription pills about two years ago. I lost 50 pounds then gained it all back plus more.

Now, since October 2011, been doing this the hard work way. Been exercising, changing how I eat, what I eat ... making it a lifestyle change. Want to be healthy and lose the weight too.

I have 80 pounds left to go, already lost 40 pounds!
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for just over two years. It's slow going. I work out hard. Eat real food. Mess up. and Keep going. It's definitely lifestyle that makes it work. NOT gimmicks. I'm down 53 lbs and down 5 pant sizes. I reset my ticker at the beginning of the year to keep moving. Quick fix diets are only good for getting into that dress one time.....lifestyle = a whole new wardrobe.