Replies

• Ramitta
    Ramitta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    These are great thanks OP
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump. While I love my baked chicken with just a bit of EVOO and kick'n chicken from webber seasoning on it. Always open to new idea's for chicken.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! :smile:
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I cook my chicken up in bulk at the beginning of the week. I usually cook up 6 at a time. I take Springer Mountain Farms individually packed boneless shinless chicken breasts, rinse then pat dry, salt & pepper both sides. I brown on top of the stove in 1t. coconut oil and 1/4 t. unsalted butter. Then finish them in a 350 oven for about 20 minutes.
    Then I can slice them for salads, stir fries or just eat them. They turn out so moist and good. This technigue worksf or about everything (really works super for thick cut pork chops) I either cook it this way or grill it with my own homemade spice rub.
    [/quot

sounds totally good. esp the tecnique of grilling then baking them. Something I would have never thought of. I also sometimes cook them in some low-sodium chicken broth. Makes them more moist.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Here's one my famliy loves!

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

1 bag FROZEN b/s chicken breast or tenderloins
    1 jar salsa
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can corn, drained
    1 envelope taco seasoning

Put everything except taco seasoning in slow cooker. Sprinkle 1/2-1 envelope (adjust to your taste) over the top and lightly mix together. Cook 6-7 hours on low. Stir and shred chicken.

yum! i'd be afraid of eating the whole thing. lol

You can serve this as taco flilling, burritos or my favorite over lettuce.

Enjoy!!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do the slow cooker salsa chicken but differently, I do 4 chicken breasts, a can of chicken broth, about 1/4-1/2 packet taco seasoning, and chunky salsa for 5 or so hours. The first night we just eat it like that with a side of rice and veggies. I make some Hungry Girl recipes with the leftovers, like the Hungry Girl chicken Empanadas or her exploding taquitos.

I also really like the skinnytaste website. I have made her chicken breast nuggets and they are a family favorite.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You could also do a crockpot bbq chicken, just toss the breasts in with bbq sauce and you can add carrots/little potatoes as well and cook 6 or so hours.