Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making chicken marsala (chicken breasts in a mushroom. white wine sauce) over brown rice. Maybe some sauted kale or fresh baby greens w basalmic on the side.
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    my favorite is putting my chicken boobies in the crock-pot, then pouring salsa on top- nothing more. cook on high about 4-5 hours, until the chicken shreds with two forks.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I will either boil a chicken breast or thigh, or use a can (in moments of desperation). shred the chicken with hotsause and mix in a laughing cow blue cheese wedge. I cook for one a lot and this way I can make it on the fly. If there are leftovers I use it on a sandwich/wrap the next day. I've also added it to a flat out added a bit of mozzerella cheese and turned it into a buffalo pizza by adding some finely chopped celery.
  • Misslissy03
    Misslissy03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I found some great healthy recipes on hungry-girl.com. The link below is for sweet and sticky sesame chicken. I made this and my family loved it!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/episodes/chinese-food
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Chicken Saltimbocca Rollatini! mmmmmm

Sounds/looks fancy, comes together really quickly

http://happygoodtime.com/2012/01/20/lighter-chicken-saltimbocca-rollatini-with-lemon-sage-pan-sauce/

chickensaltimboccarollatini_3.jpg
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • Csb9663
    Options
    This rainbow chicken roll is fantastic and a great way to sneak in veggies!! Simple to make. Here's the recipe! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/semi-homemade-cooking-with-sandra-lee/rainbow-chicken-roll-recipe/index.html
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    Great recipes!
  • tpomeroy727
    tpomeroy727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've used crushed Melba toast or pretzels as a coating for the chicken, then grill it on the stove or in the oven. It tricks my brain into thinking it's fried chicken. :)

13665451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MissDana1105
    MissDana1105 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Put boneless, skinless, trimmed chicken breasts in a crockpot cover with water or stock. Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours (too long and it will be mushy). Take out and shred. I do this in the beginning of the week and and have the chicken for all kinds of recipes.

I use the shredded chicken for chicken tacos, heat 1 tsp (can use less if needed) canola oil in a pan and "fry" a corn tortilla (I like mine still a little soft). Top with either salsa or hot sauce, or both, lettuce and lowfat shredded cheese.

Mix with a little bbq sauce in a skillet until heated through, eat with a side of veggies or on a roll.

I use it in White Chicken Chili, instead of how the recipe calls for it.
    http://recipes.rodale.com/Recipe/white-chicken-chili.aspx

Add to a stir fry or fried rice.

Throw cold on a salad for lunch.

Warm up and place on light bread with your choice of cheese (Muenster is good).

The list goes on and on and on. I like that it cuts the prep time for making meals down since I don't have very much time on the days I work considering I work 12 hour shifts.
  • sassy1750lady
    Options
    I like to sauté chicken breasts using Pam, and then top it with black beans, mozzarella cheese, salsa and diced avocado. It’s one of my favorites and it’s very healthy!
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    I make a chicken salad boil your chicken and then cut it up in a bowl and put mayo, sweet relish and you can eat it with crackers or bread.
  • tiffett
    tiffett Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Personally I have found a TON of chicken recipes on Pinterest. It's really amazing the thing you can find on there!
  • ladyhawkgg
    Options
    Try the Foil way. No clean up either. Mix with seasoning and veggies and wrap in foil and put it in the oven. Go to Reynolds wrap and look for the recipe. Makes a quick and easy meal.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night and am officially in love - had leftovers at work today too. SOOO simple, quick, and tasty!

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I use the Kraft Reduced Fat Grated)
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing dry mix (I discovered yesterday this is very high in sodium, so I'm going to be looking for salt-free Italian seasonings to use instead in the future)

Mix dry ingredients together, coat the chicken, then pop it in a baking dish at 400 degrees until done. My recipe says 20 minutes, but I forgot to pound out the chicken breasts and so they were pretty thick - took about 40 minutes until mine were done. I also flipped them over during the middle.