Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options
medwards89
medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
How do you like to cook your boneless, skinless chicken breasts? I get tired of the same old couple recipes and would love to hear your ideas!

Replies

• HGChao
    HGChao Posts: 23
    Options
    Grill breasts, boil some whole wheat noodles, and mix altogether with some peas and pesto (jarred or homemade)....a hit with my kids too!
  • jimthix10
    Options
    My favorite way to do them lately is to make chicken strips out of them. It makes me think of my old fat way of eating things, but with a healthier twist. Pound out a chicken breast with a tenderizer and cut it into strips. Dip it into egg, then dip it into a mix of bread crumbs, crushed rice chex, crushed french fried onions, and chicken seasoning. Place a metal cooling rake inside a baking sheet. Use that as your baking surface and bake them in the oven. I think we usually do around 350 for 20-25 minutes.
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One of my favs is to stuff the chicken breast with goat cheese, spinach, red peppers and pesto! If you don't like goat cheese try light feta or for a healthier option leave out the cheese and add more veggies like zucchini and mushrooms!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com

She has tons of chicken ideas!

I like to cut mine into strips and grill pan them and then make up a Thai peanut sauce to dip in! High in sodium and sugar but I am gonna find a way to widdle that down!
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last night I soaked my chicken breast in milk for 15 min and then crushed cornflakes and put in a bag. I added the chicken and like shake and bake and cooked in the oven at 350 for 40 min. It came out really good. The recipe called for parmesan cheese in the cornflakes but I left that out. I also use different shake and bakes when I don't feel like cooking. I go to cooks.com to find recipes as well. We eat a lot of chicken breasts so I am always trying to find new and different recipes.
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken strips, Sweet and Sour Chicken (very easy to make pineapple and lemon juice and some corn starch), or chicken stir fry with whatever veggies you like. These are our “go tos” when we are tired of just plain grilled, bake and the more unhealthy recp of slow cooking it in cream of mushroom soup and rice…but oh so yummy and moist.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Usually mix up a concoction and bake them... last cooked:

Mixed: Cream of mushroom (low fat) condensed soup, 1/2 can skim added, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 4 cloves minced garlic.... salt and pepper to taste, pour over chicken - bake for 30 mins 350 - easy. Served with broccoli usually or asparagus but you can serve w pasta, rice, or whatever veggies.

Sometimes I'll slice the breasts up and cook buffalo style to make wraps w veggies.

Sometimes slice up chicken and make a stir fry with noodles and Chinese veggies.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i just posted a homemade salsa recipe that includes chicken on the recipe thread..
  • sappyoldlady
    sappyoldlady Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    this is very simple....but I was sick of trying to invent ways to do chicken and my friend said I should try the shake and bake...the best I can remember was pretty low in calories and had a variety of flavors...was actually fairly good ...just an idea
  • juliet1178
    juliet1178 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Terrakyi Chicken, use the low sodium version though. Also, I just watched a video on how to make Alice Springs Chicken, and it looks so good but I haven't made it yet. Use the thinner chicken breasts (about 1/2 inch thick). If you have the thick ones, you can thin them out with a meat tenderizer. You marinate the chicken for one hour in 1/2 cup dijion, 1/2 cup honey, 1 1/2 veg oil (I will probably use olive oil when I make it), and 1/2 t lemon juice. Sautee some mushrooms. Season the chicken on each side with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then brown the chicken on each side for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Do this on the stove, but do this in a skillet you can put in the oven. Top with mushrooms, and a little cheese (in the video they put a ton of cheese, but I will be putting very little). The recipe also calls for bacon, but I will not be adding this to save on calories and fat. Transfer to a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Top with parsley if desired. Also, you can serve some extra sauce on the side to dip the chicken in (obviously you would not use the sauce you marinated the chicken in, make a fresh batch:happy:

Here is the video if you want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxRSA7cElbk
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    This one looks super yummy. I think I am gonna make this and portion it out and freeze it!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/thai-chicken-and-pineapple-stir-fry.html
  • londonms
    londonms Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy mexican foods. This week, I cut up tenders into 1 inch pieces. I boiled them in rotel and seasoned blackbeans for about 30 minutes. I left the juice in the rotel, but I drained the black beans. You can add corn or other veggies if you like. The first night I strained out a scoop to put on a whole wheat tortilla with salsa, sour cream, and a little bit of cheese. The next day I left out the tortilla and ate it like a mexican stew and it was amazing both times. This is SUPER easy. You could even slow cook this one. It's packed with protein from the chicken and black beans, but be careful with the tortillas because they can pack the calories and carbs. Enjoy!!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Boil plain. Or let it slow cook plain. Long enough so the chicken is so darn tender it just forks away into strips.... Then freeze portions. Add different things to each portion when you take it out of the freezer.

Sometimes try a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, flavor of your choice and add some peas (if that works with the choice you cheese you have made) or add some sautéed spinach.

Try it cold as a chicken salad: add dill, I again use Laughing Cow cheese (instead of mayo), apple chunks, dried cranberries (or mixed berries), celery & onion. Of course you can chop up some nuts of your choice but believe me, the calories are off the charts for a nice salad if you do that.

Try it with Ken's Buffalo Wing sauce and marinade... heat it up, add the marinade and serve with a salad.

Add black beans, chipotle tabasco sauce, corn & salsa and make spicy tacos...\

The list is endless and you only cooked once!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am currently in LOVE (& quite monogamous) with Club House seasonings. My favourite at the moment, Is Lemon Pepper Spice, its FANTASTIC on Chicken, and CALORIE FREE.... and I like it on Salmon, Haddock, Sole, & Cod too.

Another GREAT spice if you're looking for cool ideas is actually Club House Vegetable Spice in your scrambled eggs in the morning :) YUM! AND.... the interesting flavour kicks your taste buds up a knotch, keeping you from feeling the need to put ketchup or other condiments on the eggs... as some people do. I've even got my BF saving caloires by eating his eggs without ketchup now!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Bump .... wanna' hang on to this thread for some of these yummy sounding recipes! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I LOVE shake n bake xD
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My family loves Salsa Chicken I make in the crockpot. So easy and yummy.

1 cup salsa
    1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the 98% fat free I think it is by Campbell's)
    1 pig taco seasoning

Mix it all together and pour over 4-5 chicken breasts. Cook on high about two hours then down on low for 3. I shred it and serve it over egg noodles or rice, also serve it with tortillas like tacos.

Its nice cause you can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on what you like!!
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    the link below is really good and you can cut the calories but using low fat cheese and leaving off the breadcrumb topping. Real simple to make.

Chicken and Broccoli Divan:

http://www.campbellskitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=24320&ref=/SearchRecipesResult.aspx?q=chicken+divan&filter=
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome recipe. My whole family loves it!! This site is great too!!

https://www.eatbetteramerica.com/healthified/stuffed-chicken-parmesan.aspx
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The Cooking Light magazine from January 2011 has 25 chix recipes in it. Have tried several they are delicious and easy. I love this magazine. Might want to give it a try.