salt and pepper
    2 cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup
    1 and 1/4 C.water
    4 T. melted butter
    1 6 oz.pkg stove top stuffing

Grease crockpot, place chicken in bottom
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Top with soup
    Mix remaining ingredients and spoon over top.

Cook on low 4 hours, or until chicken juices run clear.
    You will have enough sauce leftover for mashed potatoes. If you don't want that, simply omit 1 can of the soup.
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! These are some amazing ideas! I'm excited to try some of these!!
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Make shift Chicken Parmesan :) I dip my chicken in Parmesan and bake 30 min's at 350 covered. Take cover off and brown top for 5-10 mins and serve with homemade tomato spaghetti sauce.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for a few hours. My mom grills it and I'm gonna try baking it sometime. :)
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is marinating the chicken breasts in greek yogurt, garlic powder, paprika, tumeric, and cayenne pepper. Throw it on the grill the next day with some red bell peppers, onions and sliced tomatoes. Sometimes I eat this with quinoa or just like that.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We have a new family favorite from skinnytaste. Its dijon and lime chicken thighs but we use boneless skinless chicken breast, Its a Paula Dean make over.. Very low caloire and very very yummy. I always like it with a baked sweet potato. Its hard to get out of the rut of cooking something the same way.

Good luck!

PS....I've made it with lime juice and it taste great. I've also added minced garlic
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I dice mine up, mix it with heart healthy spaghetti sauce, some whole wheat penne pasta (mini ones), bake it in the oven on 350 with a little reduced fat cheese on the top :) YUM!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bake plain chicken breast....Let it cool....Cut it into chunks and shred it...Then sautee in a pan with a marinade (my favorite is Spicy Mango by KC Masterpeice)...for every 2 ounces of chicken, I use 1 Tbsp of Marinade..VERY FLAVORFUL!

I usually serve this with a little brown rice and/or veggies.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas later
  • laurieh92
    laurieh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of packaged sauces and unnecessary calories in many entries here. How about this simple, delicious, and low-calorie option?

1. Slice thicker sections of chicken breast down to where it's all more uniform thickness, and cook the sliced-off pieces separately.)

2. Coat chicken pieces with onion powder and garlic salt (or your favorite seasonings).

3. Brown over medium heat in a small amount of veg oil or olive oil, and cook only until no longer pink. (i.e. moist chicken is much better than overcooked chicken!)

4. Off heat, spread chicken with a light layer of dijon mustard, mixed with a little honey if you like.

Delicious, and leftovers can be mixed up with almost anything.
  • Quilterbunny
    Quilterbunny Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go to Allrecipes.com - my favorite online recipe database and you will find lots of new recipes. I haven't had one yet that I didn't like and others in my family use it also :)
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    I cut it up into chunks, then bake or fry them, then add TONS of black better. Then put the chunks into rice. Easy to heat up for my lunches on the go.
  • calgarychick2012
    calgarychick2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    heres a recipe that is very lite in calories but delicious

broil 2 chicken breast (i spice with cajun)
    in 1 tbsp of oil oil saute add clove crush garlic
    1 cup broccoli florettes
    half red oinion thin strips
    half red pepper thin strips
    half green peeper thin strips
    add chicken cut into small strip
    and one cup salsa ( i like medium or hot) simmer

serve over spagheeti squah or whole wheat pasta or rice
  • ramr100
    Options
    My absolute favourite way is to bbq them....coated with plain old yellow mustard and then sprinkle with paprika...they turn out so moist and tasty...we bbq them a bit then brush on the mustard(on both sides) and then sprinkle as much paprika as you like...takles about 20 minutes....serve with salad or bbq'd veggies for easy clean up! - enjoy!
  • Rayseyu
    Options
    i Personally like cutting them up into little strips. grilling them with Lemon juice. and tossing it over a salad
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Chicken can be made so many different ways. Chicken satay, butter chicken, chicken biryani, chicken strips, chicken sandwhiches....last night I made a really great recipe of chicken, mushrooms, sour cream, topped with kale and almond pesto (it's in my blog ^_^).
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I throw it in the crock pot and make taco meat, or chili, or white chili.
    I sautee it up in cubes for casseroles or stir frys.
    I bake it. I sometimes bread it.
    I serve it pasta, rice, veggies, salads, quonia, cous cous, etc.
    I eat a ton of chicken. I've ground it to use anywhere I would use ground beef.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    coconut chicken breast:
    - minced garlic, shredded coconut, and a little olive oil: mix together (do ratio to your taste but don't be scared of the garlic, and don't add too much oil, just enough that the bits stick together not enough that it's super wet)
    - plain chicken breast, no skin
    - spread the coconut mix out onto the chicken breast with a teaspoon (it doesn't have to be thickly spread)
    - bake, about 30 mins
    Really good hot or cold, you can even chuck it in a ziplock bag & take it with you on the go, eat with some veges and you have a meal ready just like that. I think it tastes nice, and so does my husband. He reckons that it reminds him of an old favourite from unhealthy days Butter Chicken with Coconut Rice. Luckily this version doesn't contain the same calorie bomb & fat bomb effect :wink:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    One of my favs is to stuff the chicken breast with goat cheese, spinach, red peppers and pesto! If you don't like goat cheese try light feta or for a healthier option leave out the cheese and add more veggies like zucchini and mushrooms!

THAT sounds pretty damn tasty!
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Chicken Posole...SOOO good! It is a Mexican-style hominy and chicken based soup that you can personalize it to your liking in terms of adding either tomato or verde based salsa flavors to it and you can spice it up as much as you want. To take it to the next level---after dishing it into bowls, top it with avocado, a bit of sour cream or cheese, and a few chips for crunch.
    Many options and very filling. This recipe is close to how I make it...I just roast and blend my own tomatillo salsa and add that into the soup instead of adding many of these ingredients separately...it creates a great roasted flavor too.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mexican-chicken-pozole-verde

Here is the recipe to the salsa I make:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Tomatillo-Salsa-241910

I made have to make this tonight-great thread!!!