Options

Replies

• carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Asian glazed chicken breast from skinnytaste
    Fajitas
    Shred it for white chicken chili
    Saute with a little white wine, olive oil and garlic - add mushrooms after chicken has cooked, cook them in the same pan and add a dash of worchestershire sauce while cooking. Pile them on the chicken - yummy!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have different premade sauces that I use.

What I usually do is slice them up into tenders, grill them on my little knock off george foreman. Then I use Pampered Chef's peanut thai chicken sauce to dip them in. Or Tastefully Simple's Bayou Burbon sauce.

Or you can sprinkle a little (or a lot) of hot sauce/ buffalo sauce and then put them in a wrap with some lettuce, tomato, onion and a little cheese. Yum yum yum.

Another idea: Buffalo chicken salad. Lettuce (toss in a TBSP or two of ranch dressing- trust me, that's enough) top with tomato, onion, red pepper, a little bacon crumbled up, a TBSP of blue cheese crumbles and a few tortilla chips that you crunch up. Finally top with your grilled chicken with the hot sauce :) yum, yum, yum.
  • abraam
    abraam Posts: 25
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just made chicken enchiladas :-) a much healthier version though
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    In a blender, puree one can of tomatoes, one can of jalapenos, half an onion (chopped) and two cloves of garclic. Put it in a pan and warm. Place raw chicken breasts in the pan so they are covered in the puree. Bring sauce nearly to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook until chicken breasts are at 165 deg F. Remove chicken from the pan and place on cutting board. Using two forks shred the chicken. Put shredded chicken back in pan and increase heat to medium high. Boil off the water from the sauce until the dish is at a consistency that you like.

Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce with a little bit of cheese and avocado slices.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In a blender, puree one can of tomatoes, one can of jalapenos, half an onion (chopped) and two cloves of garclic. Put it in a pan and warm. Place raw chicken breasts in the pan so they are covered in the puree. Bring sauce nearly to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook until chicken breasts are at 165 deg F. Remove chicken from the pan and place on cutting board. Using two forks shred the chicken. Put shredded chicken back in pan and increase heat to medium high. Boil off the water from the sauce until the dish is at a consistency that you like.

Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce with a little bit of cheese and avocado slices.

this sounds really good!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    by far the best topic! i eat chicken breast all the time. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump... You guys have some awesome recipes:happy:
  • christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cut chicken breast into chunks, stir fry with onion and garlic,, add chicken stock,, reduce,, add 1 tablespoon of "healthy option" creme fraiche,,,, serve with rice. It's delicious!!!
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Easy Slow Cooker Chicken: 1 package of fresh chicken breasts (3 or so in a package).
    2 cups salsa (mild is best)
    *2 TB homemade Taco Seasoning (or you can use 1 packet store bought but I like to use fresher stuff personally)
    1/2 green pepper
    1/2 yellow onion
    *onion and pepper optional
    Place in slow cooker and mix well.
    Cook on Low 6 hrs
    High 4 hrs.
    Shred chicken with forks and serve with warm tortillas, fresh cilantro, sour cream etc..whatever you like.

* Taco Seasoning: http://busycooks.about.com/od/homemademixes/r/tacoseasonmix.htm
    *can't remember web site for recipe but that is the whole thing. I memorized it.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: BUMP*************
  • snowbirdy
    snowbirdy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My fave is to bake with white wine
    I dredge the chicken breasts in olive oil, then rub with garlic and rosemary (fresh when I have them), put in baking pan with about a 1/2 inch of white wine coating the bottom of the pan - I cook at 450 for at least 40 minutes

My next fave is to heavily sprinkle grated parmasan cheese on them before baking - makes a nice flavorful crust

Hubby likes both of these and he's really the cook in the family - but he still doesn't understand how they turn out so juicy when I cook them at such high heat. He never cooks chicken breast at 450
  • juliet1178
    juliet1178 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Terrakyi Chicken, use the low sodium version though. Also, I just watched a video on how to make Alice Springs Chicken, and it looks so good but I haven't made it yet. Use the thinner chicken breasts (about 1/2 inch thick). If you have the thick ones, you can thin them out with a meat tenderizer. You marinate the chicken for one hour in 1/2 cup dijion, 1/2 cup honey, 1 1/2 veg oil (I will probably use olive oil when I make it), and 1/2 t lemon juice. Sautee some mushrooms. Season the chicken on each side with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then brown the chicken on each side for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Do this on the stove, but do this in a skillet you can put in the oven. Top with mushrooms, and a little cheese (in the video they put a ton of cheese, but I will be putting very little). The recipe also calls for bacon, but I will not be adding this to save on calories and fat. Transfer to a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Top with parsley if desired. Also, you can serve some extra sauce on the side to dip the chicken in (obviously you would not use the sauce you marinated the chicken in, make a fresh batch

Here is the video if you want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxRSA7cElbk

In case anyone actually wants to make this, I realized I didn't put the amount of oil, it is 1 1/2 t of oil! Guess you can't edit your posts after one hour on this forum? Lame!
  • tbrooke2000
    tbrooke2000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    www.sparkrecipes.com has a lot to choose from... my newest fav is Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken from their website. My 9-year-old DEVOURED it!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Grill breasts, boil some whole wheat noodles, and mix altogether with some peas and pesto (jarred or homemade)....a hit with my kids too!

mmmmm pesto !!!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I put balsamic vinegar,olive oil and then the mc cormick grill mates seasoning for chicken and bbq ... or use a fat free italian dressing then bbq.. we just got propane today and quite honestly that is a taste I never get sick of...
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Chop it up and add some salsa and avacado and put it all on top of a baked potato...................Mmmmmmm:bigsmile: