Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love mine in a whole wheat torilla topped with spinach pico de gayo and light shredded cheese! Just had that for lunch.....yum!
  • theonenonlykris
    Options
    I really enjoy mexican foods. This week, I cut up tenders into 1 inch pieces. I boiled them in rotel and seasoned blackbeans for about 30 minutes. I left the juice in the rotel, but I drained the black beans. You can add corn or other veggies if you like. The first night I strained out a scoop to put on a whole wheat tortilla with salsa, sour cream, and a little bit of cheese. The next day I left out the tortilla and ate it like a mexican stew and it was amazing both times. This is SUPER easy. You could even slow cook this one. It's packed with protein from the chicken and black beans, but be careful with the tortillas because they can pack the calories and carbs. Enjoy!!

the tortillas I use are Tumaro's Low Carb Tortillas, 60 calories and quite yummy!
  • Karen5678
    Options
    Place a bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breast in a crockpot
    add 1 can of fat free condensed cream of celery soup
    add 1 bag of peeled baby carrots

set crockpot to cook for minimum of 6 hours
    serves at leasts 6

Another way is to take equal parts grated Parmesan cheese and seasoned bread crumbs ( mix them together)
    Using boneless, skinless chicken breasts.... dredge them in the cheese/bread crumb mix
    Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes
    They are delicious.

This cheese/bread crumb mix is also good to put on fish before baking it
  • bsteffneyjr
    bsteffneyjr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Knotts chicken stock, which comes in little containers (4 pack) that look like honey mustard dipping sauce from fast food places. put 2 in a bigger pyrex dish add a little water spread all over chicken and bake in the oven... awesome
  • katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump for the ideas! :)
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I have for "salsa chicken" and my family :heart: it.....

Salsa Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced (low) sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle it with taco seasoning, then pour salsa and soup over the chicken.
    Turn heat to low and cook 6-8 hours. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve over rice. (rice not included in nutritional info below)
    Makes 4 servings.

Per serving:
    calories 160
    total fat 5 grams
    saturated fat 3 grams
    cholesterol 54 milligrams
    sodium 537 milligrams
    carbohydrates 9 grams
    dietary fiber 1 gram
    protein 18 grams
  • xxxbloodfartxxx
    xxxbloodfartxxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "big chicken soft taco's "
    Items in this meal Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Kroger - 4 Cheese Mexican Blend Reduced Fat Cheese 1/3 Less Fat, 1/2 cup (30g) 160 0 10 14
    Tyson - *100% All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 8.5 oz. (112 g) 234 0 5 49
    Hass - Nature's Partner - Avocado, 1 medium (201g) 250 15 23 0
    Smiths - Gorditas Flour Tortillas, 2 tortilla 292 54 4 10
    Tomato Slices - Tomato Slices, 6 slice 6 2 0 0
    Onions- Green - Chopped, 1/8 cup (25g) 5 1 0 0
    Total: 947 72 42 73
  • dkannenberg
    Options
    bump
  • dkannenberg
    Options
    I take 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and pound them down a bit. I slice 1/2 of a medium onion, a good sized zuchinni and place them in the bottom of a 9x12 pan. I put the breast on top and then pour a can of seasoned stewed tomatoes over top, sprinkle with salt/pepper to taste. Cover with foil and bake on 350 for 1/2 hour or until done. The are so moist and flavorful. I take the breast out and use the stewed part to put over brown rice - yummy and very low in calories.
  • so_long_blubber
    so_long_blubber Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NaturalBeauty82
    NaturalBeauty82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Adieux
    Adieux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I season them with paprika, garlic salt, mixed herbs and pepper then chuck them on the George Foreman :) Sooo tasty.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Bump .... wanna' hang on to this thread for some of these yummy sounding recipes! :)

SAME HERE!! :drinker:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the plethera of recipes, of course.
    389149 Posts: 3
    Options
    ive baked the chicken breast and sauteed mango and jalapeno for the topping its really good, sweet with a bit of a kick and extremely easy!
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindysavadkin
    Options
    we buy marinade from the grocery store. marinade for two days and cook on the grill.
  • mmklinemm
    mmklinemm Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Put boneless, skinless, trimmed chicken breasts in a crockpot cover with water or stock. Cook on high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours (too long and it will be mushy). Take out and shred. I do this in the beginning of the week and and have the chicken for all kinds of recipes.
    This is just what we do. Makes it so easy throughout the week and the chicken is perfect for tacos.