Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I cut 2 breasts into strips, then I cover it with cajun seasoning, dried jalapenos crushed, paprika and black pepper, and put it on the george foreman (or you could grill)

Then I boil some frozen veg, and pour over it a thickly mixed cuppasoup/instant soup like Leek and potato flavour or something, it really jazzes up the veg. A quick easy dinner! And only 514 cal (and I had 2 chicken breasts!) Look at my diary for Friday 20th Jan for ideas

x
  • BradyLee05
    BradyLee05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is a few low carb recipes for chicken that I've found are awesome.

Marinate chicken breast in Italian Dressing over night. Put them in a pan and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake. I sometimes will add Jalapenos to mine and it gives it a little kick.

Get a bag of BBQ or Hot & Spicy pork rinds and grind them up with Parmesan Cheese until fine like powder. Cut up your chicken into strips and let them soak in 2 eggs and heavy cream with some seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, etc. Then start pulling your chicken out of the mixture and "battering" them with the pork rinds and bake at 375 for 30 mins or so. They are WONDERFUL.

"Pizza Chicken"

Get chicken breast and cut a pocket in them. I usually put pepperoni slices, cheese, and jalapenos in the "pocket". Then put a little pizza sauce over them and parmesan cheese and bake them. SO GOOD.
  • swampiesue
    swampiesue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We often have chicken breasts marinaded in Nando's Marinade popped on a grill pan or a electric grilling machine, with pasta rice cous cous or noodles with a side salad and yoghurt and mint dressing Yummy !!
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Bumping for chicken.. Mmmm
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like to stuff mine with spinach, tomato and reduced fat crumbled cheese (i.e., feta, gorgonzola, blue cheese), roll them up and bake them at 350 for about 30 minutes. Don't forget to season the outside of the chicken lightly...too much seasoning combined with a salty cheese like feta will ruin the taste.
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I chop up 1-2 breasts, stir fry it with broccoli, add some fresh hokkein noodles, and a sauce of 1/4c soy sauce 1/4c honey, a little cornflour to thicken, and serve with a handful of cashew nuts. You could add peppers too but my family does't like them much so I don't.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Here is a few low carb recipes for chicken that I've found are awesome.

Marinate chicken breast in Italian Dressing over night. Put them in a pan and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake. I sometimes will add Jalapenos to mine and it gives it a little kick.

Get a bag of BBQ or Hot & Spicy pork rinds and grind them up with Parmesan Cheese until fine like powder. Cut up your chicken into strips and let them soak in 2 eggs and heavy cream with some seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, etc. Then start pulling your chicken out of the mixture and "battering" them with the pork rinds and bake at 375 for 30 mins or so. They are WONDERFUL.

"Pizza Chicken"

Get chicken breast and cut a pocket in them. I usually put pepperoni slices, cheese, and jalapenos in the "pocket". Then put a little pizza sauce over them and parmesan cheese and bake them. SO GOOD.

that is a great idea, I am low carb as well and looking for ideas for chicken.. Love all the ideas.. I eat a lot of chicken as well..
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • tiffett
    tiffett Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to do them lately is to make chicken strips out of them. It makes me think of my old fat way of eating things, but with a healthier twist. Pound out a chicken breast with a tenderizer and cut it into strips. Dip it into egg, then dip it into a mix of bread crumbs, crushed rice chex, crushed french fried onions, and chicken seasoning. Place a metal cooling rake inside a baking sheet. Use that as your baking surface and bake them in the oven. I think we usually do around 350 for 20-25 minutes.

OMG that sounds good! I love French's fried onions! lol
  • m2agm
    m2agm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken as I don't eat red meat, One of my favourite recipes is to cover the chicken breast in light Philadelphia, the grilled pepper one is best, sliced button mushrooms, chopped baby plum tomatoes, chopped spring onions and a bit of dark french mustard, all wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven, I also cook this on the bbq when we go camping.

This sounds Great!!
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I like to oven bake them using a favorite cereal and yogurt for the breading.

1) Crush up your favorite flake cereal (bran flakes or total, etc) in a large plastic ziplock bag.
    2) Coat the chicken with yogurt, then drop in the bag and shake to coat.
    3) Baked them on a cookie sheet sprayed with a nonstick spray. I usually also spray the top of the chicken too.

* note: you can season the crushed cereal with salt, pepper, seasoned salt, or my favorite, cajun seasoning.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    Marinate in

Balsamic Vinegar
    honey Dijon Mustrrd
    Worstershire Sauce
    EVOO
    Minced Garlic
    Salt/Pepper
    Onion Powder
    Red Pepper Flakes (optional)

Grill, Bake, Broil, whatever.. IT WAS DELISH!
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Today I tried my chicken with cayenne pepper and curry. It turned out really good. Need to get more spices and experiment with all new tastes!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    crock pot!!!!! Chicken breast, enchillada sauce and taco seasoning mix on low 8hrs. Shred and put in tacos. I also do chicken breast and bbq sauce in the crockpot on low for 8hs makes great pulled chicken sandwiches
    :smile:
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    Dip them (raw) in low fat Ranch Dressing and then roll then in Ritz Cracker crumbs and Bake! SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!
    also love marinating in italian dressing and grilling.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350

Cut chicken breasts in half

Put chicken in glass baking dish

Fill said baking dish with whatever goodness you like in seasonings and veggies (I put minced garlic, pepper, sea salt, and either lemon or herb stuff or I go spicy)

Fill with low sodium chicken stock to meet about half of the height of the meat

Bake in oven for 45 minutes

Comes out fork tender and very seasoned.

It is my go too way of prepping it.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    bump