Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• jackfishjm
    Options
    Use boneless skinnless chicken tenders instead of chicken breast - easier to control portions.
    broil them after seasoning with variety of Mrs Dash Spices to your taste. (we use instead of salt and do not miss it)
    Slice and dice one slice of honey ham for each two chicken tenders and mix with a table spoon or so of reduced fat mozzerella cheese and then stir in couple of tablespoons of horseradish sauce
    Once the tenders are just about finished spoon the mixture on top of tenders and broil to melt a great cheater way for chicken cordon blue.

Two tenders is a great portion size serve with a half of sweet potato topped with cinnamin and truvia and three broiled asparagus spears
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Throw together Chicken

Boneless skinless chicken breast
    Whole grain linguine noodles
    ½ of each – red, orange, yellow pepper *can add green if you like them* & onion
    ¾ cup of Kraft roasted red pepper Italian w/parmesan dressing/marinade *for noodles*
    ¼ cup of Kraft roasted red pepper Italian w/parmesan dressing/marinade *for peppers/onions*

Boil noodles
    Brown chicken till done with your choice of spices. (I usually use Mrs. Dash flavors)
    cut into small bite size pieces.
    Saute the onion, peppers, spices and ¼ cup of dressing

Once the noodles are done drain well and put back in the pot with ¾ cup of dressing and toss well.
    Add the chicken and veggies and toss again.

This can also be done with Kraft’s Asian Toasted Sesame for a different taste 
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted yet.
    First you'll need a crockpot!

1 bag frozen chicken breasts (if you use fresh cut the cooking time a little)
    1 bag baby carrots (i use a large bag)
    2 cubed baking potatoes (or red) or 1 large sweet potato
    Mrs Dash Original Seasoning (or anything you like - the garlic herb is good and so is the spicy one)
    1c low sodium/organic chicken broth
    1/2 c water

Spray inside of crockpot w/ nonstick spray, olive oil or use a crockpot liner (whatver your preference is)
    Layer the bottom with potatoes (i use both kinds, sweet for me and regular for the fam)
    Add bag of baby carrots - sprinkle a little mrs dash
    Add chicken as the last layer
    Pour water/broth mixture over top
    Sprinkle a little more Mrs Dash

Cook on low 8-10 hrs.

I either do this overnight or first thing in the AM before work. As far as the seasoning it's all to taste. The chicken comes out REALLY moist, you can cut back on the water a little if you use frozen. You can either eat the chicken like that or you can easily shred it.
    I do this every Sunday for the week, but it's good as just a dinner as well. Quick and easy and usually things I already have in the house. You can use whatever kind of potatoes you want. I use both since I LOVE sweet potatoes and the rest of the family prefers the regular ones. You could also add some sweet onion or other veggies if you'd like.
  • slbeale
    Options
    It sounds crazy but I boil them until they just fall apart ( about an hour) then I drain and shred the chicken. I make two different recipes with this I either add salsa to the shredded chicken and wrap in soft taco shell or I mix in Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce and serve on rolls for chicken BBQ. By boiling the chicken it really makes it super tender. These are quick and really good recipes, my family loves them.
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WobblyW
    Options
    dry fry some onion and peppers until soft
    add some crushed garlic and curry spices to taste
    dry fry chicken breast cut into cubes
    add a muller light mango and passionfruit yoghurt
    adjust seasoning to taste.

serve with rice
    baked potato or
    even good in wraps with loads of salad.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Super easy and tasty chicken, Italian style:

Ingredients:
    Chicken breasts (I prefer the thin sliced "cutlet" ones from perdu)
    Tomato sauce
    Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

Put 2 spoonfuls of sauce over each breast, sprinkle some cheese over it, bake @ 450 until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted and crispy on top.

Perfect with a side of whole wheat pasta for a healthy Italian style dinner!

~200 cals per chicken breast depending on how big they are.
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Bumping post for later experimentation:

I have a recipe but need to modify it to make it healthy:

1 Chicken Breast
    1/2 Mango - Stoned and Sliced
    1 Egg (if using breadcrumbs)
    Soft spreading cheese
    Streaky Bacon
    Puff Pasty, Shortcrust or Bread Crumbs (which ever you prefer)

Slice a pocket into the breast (watch the fingers)
    Stuff the breast with the mango and soft cheese, wrap in the bacon.

If using bread crumbs: Wisp the egg, coat the chicken and bacon in the egg mix and then dip in the breadcrumbs
    if using pastry, roll out a thin amount enough to cover the breast completely and wrap it up :-D
    Bake in the oven for around 35-45 mins

Its really really nice but as you can see the calorie are going to be high, hence I need to adapt it......
    In fact I think this will be tomorrow nights dinner :-D

Server with whatever veg or carbs you want to include, I like sweet potato and sweet corn
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipe's
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    cut your chicken breast in halves....season with mustard and black pepper...then grill
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    In a blender, puree one can of tomatoes, one can of jalapenos, half an onion (chopped) and two cloves of garclic. Put it in a pan and warm. Place raw chicken breasts in the pan so they are covered in the puree. Bring sauce nearly to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook until chicken breasts are at 165 deg F. Remove chicken from the pan and place on cutting board. Using two forks shred the chicken. Put shredded chicken back in pan and increase heat to medium high. Boil off the water from the sauce until the dish is at a consistency that you like.

Serve on a bed of romaine lettuce with a little bit of cheese and avocado slices.

I do this, but with chipotle peppers...jalapenos in adobo sauce...to make chipotle chicken, delicious!!!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    also...stuff with spinach, tomato and cheese (I personally love mozerella)...briol in oven for 35 minutes.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on www.pinterest.com...garlic brown sugar chicken. I had brown sugar 1Tbsp 4 cloves of garlic (now you know I added extra!) a dash of powederd mustard and S&P on breast and smeard the sugar concoction all over and baked 12 min total flip in btwn at 425 degree oven....I died and went to heaven and came back to share with all of you how good it was!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • xxxbloodfartxxx
    xxxbloodfartxxx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    new wave oven from frozen 15min each side then chop breast and ad 1oz of buffalow wild wings mango habanaro sauce.:tongue::explode:
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Cilantro lime chicken, one pound of chicken breast, one large jar of your favorite salsa in a crockpot for 8 hours on low. When the chicken is cooked through shred it and add it back to salsa. When its all done add some lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro serve over brown rice with a side of black beans and a salad. YUMMY!!
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    not sure if this one was mentioned (too lazy to look through this whole thread)
    I stuff chicken breast with a little goat cheese, bacon and herbs. Pan fry it for 4 min on each side and then bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes

YUMMMY!
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    lately i grill mine, i make a maranade of 2tbls of worsterschire sause and 1 tbls of bbq sauce that we keep on hand. It totals up to 45 calories and i brush 2 to 4 breast with it. It tastes so good!