Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• melissanne81
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-chicken/

I've made that several times - husband liked it a lot and so did my parents. Very quick & easy to make
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I brush mine with stone ground mustard and sprinkle them with dry ranch dressing. I cook them in the crockpot on low all day. YUM!

OMG that sounds FABU!!
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    Not sure if anyone's posted these yet, but:

1. Salsa Chicken: Bake chicken until done. Top with salsa and shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.

2. Buffalo Chicken: Cook chicken tenders in skillet. When done, add hot sauce and butter until at least hot...I like to cook until the chicken starts to get a little brown. Dip in ranch or blue cheese dressing.

3. Old Bay Chicken: Before baking, sprinkle old bay on chicken and then top with a dollop of butter. Bake until done.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 cup (3.2 oz) frozen stir fry vegetables
    2 tbsp bottled teriyaki sauce (or whatever you prefer)

Cut raw chicken into small pieces, pre-heat and spray a saute pan with Pam Olive Oil and cook on medium heat until done (4 min ish)
    then toss in the frozen stir fry veggies and a couple tbsp of bottled teriyaki sauce.
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making Pizza Chicken:PIZZA CHICKEN

1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
    1 tablespoon pizza sauce
    4 slices turkey pepperoni
    Pam spray
    2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
    2 thin green pepper rings
    1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded

Season the chicken with salt and other seasonings; grill. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms and pepper rings in butter or oil until slightly tender, but not mushy; set aside. Spread the sauce over the chicken, then top with the pepperoni, the pepper rings, mushrooms and then finally, the cheese. Sprinkle with a little additional Italian seasoning, if desired. Bake at 350º about 10-15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted. Serve at once. This recipe is for one I make it for my family with 3lbs of chicken at a time. Everyone loves it!!!
  • sybil621
    Options
    OMG!!! Skinnytaste.com is amazing! Thank you:happy:
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I also like to take chicken that I have boiled and shredding it and sprinkling fajita seasoning on it and getting corn tortilla's ( heat in microwave a tad bit) rolling the chicken in the tortilla's sticking toothpick to hold close. Cook at 350. 7-10 mins each side
    Also I will use the meat to make nacho's with black beans, salsa, jalapeno's and 2% mex-cheese. I make my own chips with corn tortilla's :)
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love your family photo/ profile pic!!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    cut into strips. marinate in balsamic, mustard (originally was supposed to be dijon, but i didnt have any at the time so i used spicy yellow instead...still worked great!), and some garlic powder. You can grill them or I just sauteed them over med-high heat. SUper tasty, moist, and great over greens. Low cal, low fat, but still rich in flavor.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Bump. I am in LOVE with this thread.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Here is a favorite recipe of mine, not even sure where I started doing this from: this is much tweaked from many sources)

Lemon Marinade (for Chicken or other protein dishes)

First start by gathering the ingredients for the marinade.

INGREDIENTS: (enough for a big batch would be)

4 Tablespoons Olive oil (or with butter or ghee substituted for some or all of that depending on your preferences)
    4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (I've done this with fresh lemon juice and processed and both come out great)
    1 teaspoon each: basil, garlic (fresh or dried), and lemon pepper
    quarter teaspoon salt
    quarter teaspoon pepper

(If cooking fish or for fewer than 2 to 3 people cut the recipe in half.)

You can use this marinade with whatever meat you want to use. If you make more than you can use, separate some of it off and save if for something else. I often use 3 or 4 medium to large split breasts of chicken with the skin. Or a half Salmon. Or sliced pork tenderloin. You could use this marinade on almost anything including firm tofu.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Start by pouring the measurements of Olive Oil and Lemon juice into a bowl. Then measure the spices and salt/pepper into the oil and juice mixture and whisk together with a fork or whisk. The measurements on this are actually kind of important.. I've tried to eyeball it and it didn't come out nearly so good.

From there it depends on what you cook. Whether pork or chicken or fish start from thawed not frozen:

For pork or chicken (not fish): make enough marinade to turn the pieces of meat in the mixture several times (in the pan is fine) leaving a bit in the bottom of the pan for it to cook in. If you're cooking chicken and it has skin start with the skin side down. Cook in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on how many pounds you're cooking) then flip and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. It's done when no more dark pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and allow to sit off the heat covered with foil for 4 minutes before serving. The reason for resting the meat covered after it's cooked is that it helps it retain it's juices and be moist and tasty, and helps assure it's cooked through.

For fish first grease the dish and place the fish skin side down if there's skin. Only make a small amount of marinade enough to lightly brush the meat side of the fish without allowing it to accumulate on the pan or below the fish/on the skin. Cook fish in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 28 minutes (depending on how many pounds your'e cooking. You do not flip. Fish is done when the skin on the bottom is crisp and the meat on top is opaque and flakes with a fork. Remove from heat and allow to sit off the heat covered with foil for 4 minutes before serving (optional) fish is more suited to serving immediately once it's done.

From there you can eat it up and/or use whatever leftovers in a myriad of recipes.

You can also draw off the cooked marinade in the bottom of the pan if any and use it as a concentrated broth in stocks/soups/stews.
  • kingny152
    Options
    I like to STEAM mine. Leave the skin on or off. Bone in or out it dont matter it all comes out juicy, NO FAT!!! I perfer mine skinless just to cut out more fat. The only thing is I'm not sure on how many calories are in it. So I'm going with the grilled chicken thighs of 80 calories per 1 serving. But I would love to know the real calorie count. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great recipes!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Asian Chicken Salad:

Baby romaine (or any other lettuce)
    Grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced or cubed
    Mandarin oranges
    Sliced water chestnuts
    Chow mein noodles
    Low-fat sesame ginger salad dressing

Salsa Chicken:

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
    1 can (14-15 oz.) black beans, drained
    1 jar salsa or 1 can (14-15 oz.) diced tomatoes with onions/celery
    1 envelope chili or taco seasoning

Rinse off chicken & place in a baking dish. Top with soup, beans, salsa & seasoning mix. Mix around with a spoon until it's all blended and covering all of the chicken.

You can either make this in your crock pot on low for 6 hours, or in the oven. I covered it with foil at 350 for 2 hours, then dropped the temperature to 300 for a last hour, uncovered.

Serve over rice.

Makes 6 servings. 259 calories per serving (without the rice).
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reference. Great recipes ideas everyone!
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Make shift Chicken Parmesan :) I dip my chicken in Parmesan and bake 30 min's at 350 covered. Take cover off and brown top for 5-10 mins and serve with homemade tomato spaghetti sauce.

mmmm, this sounds good, any idea how many calories are in this?
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just grill mine, but sprinkle with some of those ready made herb sprinkles, there is a no salt one for chicken. get a variety of spices. serve with veges and brown rice which may be jazzed up with some pepper and garlic.
    also do a spagetti dish, wholemeal spagetti, tinned chunk tomato with garlic and herbs, capsicums, mushrooms, brocoli and chicken.
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    MARINATED::::

I am post-gastric bypass (2003) and have trouble with "dry and chewy" chicken; thus, a key to succulent chicken is to marinate it. A low fat yogurt marinade flavored with lemon, garlic, cumin and cilantro does a great job of keeping skinless chicken moist, succulent and full of flavor.

Prep Time: 4 hours
    Cook Time: 12 minutes
    Total Time: 4 hours, 12 minutes

Ingredients:
    •1 cup plain low fat or non-fat yogurt
    •2 tsp cumin
    •1 tbsp lemon juice
    •1 garlic clove, crushed
    •1 tbsp chopped cilantro
    •4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenderloins removed

Preparation:
    Combine yogurt, cumin, lemon juice, garlic and cilantro in a small bowl. Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish or in a resealable plastic bag. Spoon yogurt mixture over the chicken and coat. Cover dish, or seal bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Spray grill or broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Grill or broil chicken breasts 5-6 minutes each side, until a meat thermometer registers a minimum of 165 degrees.

Serves 4.

Per Serving: Calories 192, Calories from Fat 65, Total Fat 2.9g (sat 1.1g), Cholesterol 86mg, Sodium 137mg, Carbohydrate 5.1g, Fiber 0.1g, Protein 36.1g
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    There are so many replies I have not read them all. Sorry if this has been posted already.
    I think the breast meat, having such low fat can easily dry out. so I like to poach them sometimes for a change.
    If you boil some water in a large pot, then simmer. Add a little ginger root, peppercorns as salt. put the breast meat in and turn the cooker off. Keep the pot lid on. They will cook gently in the flavoured water and be absolutely succulent.
    Enjoy!
  • Lorianny
    Options
    4 large chicken breast
    taco seasoning
    lowfat cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
    1 cup of salsa

sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken, then cover with soup, then top it off w salsa, Cover and bake at 350 until done

Lowfat and delicious...I actually found the recipe on MFP, You can mix in 1/2 cup of lowfat sou rcream after it comes out of the oven, But I omitted that and its still great