Looking for Chicken Breast Ideas

Options

Replies

• Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to cover the chicken breast in my favorite medium salsa and then sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it. Bake it until the chicken is all the way done (~180°F) and serve with brown rice (1/2 cup uncooked). YUM! About 600 cals makes it a good dinner idea.

To shave off 100 cal you can do 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/4 can of black beans.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Marinate in balsamic vinegar with a bit of garlic and rosemary and bake. Tasty with no added calories or sodium.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am loving this thread....great ideas everyone!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i have a lemon chicken recipe that is healthy and delish!! if u want it message me:) and i have many others as well!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I tried last night for Curried Chicken Breasts. It was pretty tasty, and easier than making my usual curry sauce.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/curried-chicken-breasts-50400000117396/
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    honey and crushed pecan as a glaze (baked)

spinach and ricotta (baked)

brandy and onion with savoy cabbage

tomato passata and spinach with some garlic simmered in a shallow pan

chopped peppers, onion, spinach and apple baked in foil
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken as I don't eat red meat, One of my favourite recipes is to cover the chicken breast in light Philadelphia, the grilled pepper one is best, sliced button mushrooms, chopped baby plum tomatoes, chopped spring onions and a bit of dark french mustard, all wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven, I also cook this on the bbq when we go camping.
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this! The white wine and parm cheese one.
    Sounds yummy!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Balsamic chicken pasta
    take one pound of chicken and cut into bite size pieces.. saute onion and garlic(fresh) in olive oil and add the chicken.. Cook until no longer pink. add about a cup of chicken broth and let reduce. serve on top of angel hair pasta with a balsamic reduction.. shave fresh asiago or parm. cheese on top :) garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in half

Chicken strips
    cut into strips and use your favorite thick salad dressing (make sure you use lite or fat free) Dip into a mixture of panko, italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese bake at 375 until no longer pink :) (sooo good)

Stuffed Chicken
    Pound your chicken until about 1/2 inch thick lay spinach, provolone, and some low sodium ham roll into a pinwheel and top with your favorite red sauce and bake until no longer pink.. top with some more provolone and throw it under the broiler until cheese is nice and bubbly

Tonight i'm making chicken caesar pinwheels with caesar dressing, spinach and fresh parmesan.. rolling it up and topping with panko bread crumbs and baking it :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I just made Balsamic chicken in the crockpot. Try some slow cooker recipes if you have one.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My fave is to bake with white wine
    I dredge the chicken breasts in olive oil, then rub with garlic and rosemary (fresh when I have them), put in baking pan with about a 1/2 inch of white wine coating the bottom of the pan - I cook at 450 for at least 40 minutes

My next fave is to heavily sprinkle grated parmasan cheese on them before baking - makes a nice flavorful crust

Hubby likes both of these and he's really the cook in the family - but he still doesn't understand how they turn out so juicy when I cook them at such high heat. He never cooks chicken breast at 450

That sounds awesome!!!:smile:
  • Matthew_Wilde
    Matthew_Wilde Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We tried a new recipe this week - everyone LOVED it. It was one of the nicest things we have had for ages.

BBQ Chicken

1 pack Colmans BBQ Chicken Mix 161 calories http://colmans.co.uk/our-range/recipe-mixes/bbq-chicken/
    500g Chicken Breast Fillets (4 Raw breasts) 580
    4 sliced Smoked reduced fat back 240

Between 4 its 245 calories. Really nice.
    I had a grated light mature cheddar slice on top for an extra 60 calories.

300 in total.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laojgo
    laojgo Posts: 1
    Options
    But his mont's edition of the magazine "Cookiing Light". It has 25 chicken recipes. I have made 4 so far and they are great. The calories are posted at the bottom of the recipe.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Grill breasts, boil some whole wheat noodles, and mix altogether with some peas and pesto (jarred or homemade)....a hit with my kids too!

Wow, that is what I am cooking right now. I am adding broccoli and grape tomatoes.
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    i like to take my chicken breast and put the in a pan with pam,brown both sides and put in over at 350 the i measure out 2 tbs bbq sauce and bake about an hour.but every 15 minutes i put bbq on it ,lightly.and i make a salad or i fry 1 cup potato in pam,ud be surprzed how good it taste...
  • sweattshop
    sweattshop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Marinate in low sodium soy sauce, Turmeric, cracked pepper and fresh rosemary. Marinate at least 30-60min. BBQ until brown. Throw into a bowl with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. Serve.
  • carrief_ufl
    Options
    I brush mine with stone ground mustard and sprinkle them with dry ranch dressing. I cook them in the crockpot on low all day. YUM!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Easy thing to do is put frozen boneless, skinless breasts in the crock pot with a jar of salsa (whatever you like, medium, hot, etc) and a clove of garlic. Cook on low about 5-6 hrs and then shred it. You can have it on top of salad or as tacos, etc.

I also get a dry BBQ rub from a local market and just bake them with the rub and a drizzle of EVOO.

You can also use dry ranch seasoning mix as a rub and bake them - one of my kids FAVES!

I don't often use white meat chicken though. ): Usually too dry for me. But those are the few things I do.