Options

Replies

• hersheyskiss
    Options
    bump
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    For some reason a couple of my pics aren't showing up in the 1st post and I was asked to re-post them so here they are:

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummypic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/jmk_akk/blog pics/tummy2.jpg[/img]

Sorry, I wasn't able to fix the photos in the original post, there was no "edit" button for me to select to modify the post.
  • atessieri
    atessieri Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump for Inspiration :)
  • jlm_getfit
    jlm_getfit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • NewMoi1
    NewMoi1 Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • elowman22
    Options
    Everyone doesn't have great stories. I have had two children and they are 7 and 12 now. They weighed 9lbs 2 oz and 8lbs 8 oz. I had two subsequent abdomen surgeries: appendix removal arthoscopically and endometriosis/tumor removal with lymphnode removal (because it spread into my lymphnodes. It was a result of endometriosis escaping my uterus during my c-section).

I wear a size 4 and work out. I eat healthy. I am not complaining about my size or level of energy, but the apperance stinks. I have a miniatur scale obese-looking stomach.

From the top to my belly button, everything looks as it should. At my belly button, my skin folds in vertically and then I have a flap of skin/fat/baby magic that hangs over my c-section scars. It is flat, I will say that, but it hangs over my scars. My personal trainer and MD looked at it and said it is from the way I was sewn back together. Sometimes it can't be fixed with excersize alone.

Keep working on it ladies, but it may not be your fault either.... :( The only way to fix mine is with plastic surgery that I cannot afford.
  • leannbiggs
    leannbiggs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone doesn't have great stories. I have had two children and they are 7 and 12 now. They weighed 9lbs 2 oz and 8lbs 8 oz. I had two subsequent abdomen surgeries: appendix removal arthoscopically and endometriosis/tumor removal with lymphnode removal (because it spread into my lymphnodes. It was a result of endometriosis escaping my uterus during my c-section).

I wear a size 4 and work out. I eat healthy. I am not complaining about my size or level of energy, but the apperance stinks. I have a miniatur scale obese-looking stomach.

From the top to my belly button, everything looks as it should. At my belly button, my skin folds in vertically and then I have a flap of skin/fat/baby magic that hangs over my c-section scars. It is flat, I will say that, but it hangs over my scars. My personal trainer and MD looked at it and said it is from the way I was sewn back together. Sometimes it can't be fixed with excersize alone.

Keep working on it ladies, but it may not be your fault either.... :( The only way to fix mine is with plastic surgery that I cannot afford.

I have the same issue as you. No amount of exersice and diet could help me. I just pull my bathing suit up over it. lol
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    all of you who posted pictures look amazing! i have a fear that my belly looking good will never be possible for me. i have 5 kids, all 1 and 1/2 years apart. i also allowed myself to weigh up to 246 for the last 5 years. since september, i have dropped to 195. im 32 years old and 5 foot 10. while i see the rest of my body shrinking, my tummy seems to be staying "flabby." i work out atleast 4 days a week, but i shoot for 5. i do both cardio and strenth training and floor excercises. my goal weight is 170, but being that its only 25 pounds away, im worried im going to be stuck with a flabby ugly belly. what are some of the excercises you did that specifically targetted your tummy area?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 babies, both around 8 pounds (not c-section though). I gained about 70 pounds both times. There is hope :)

Agreed! I have 2 babies, no c-sec either time, and I've lost 55lbs since my 2nd was 8 weeks old. I look fine with clothes on, but my belly is not ready for public viewing quite yet!

A week overdue is nothing by the way! My son was 10 days late (he was 7lbs 13) and my daughter was 12 days late and induced or she'd probably still be there (she was 8lbs 10)!
  • rubymeg
    Options
    i am looking for some advice please for best way to tone stomach muscles? I have had two c-sections, i piled on the weight afer my second so now starting out with a goal of 100lb to loose. My stomach hangs down at moment (i hate it) and just worried when I loose weight I will just be left with loose skin.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I ~LOVE~ this thread! Thank you all for sharing!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! I would love to have a body like yours!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread sure got pulled from the past. LOL!

Give me another 6-8 weeks and I'll post new tummy pics to compare to these from last year. I'm just on my last couple stages of NROL4W. Had an interesting year last year....set a personal best at my marathon in June, then decided to take a big break from cardio and do some heavy lifting. Ended up doing a bulk from September to December and gained about 10lbs. Now am cutting again while I wrap up NROL4W and get set to begin training for yet another marathon. The biggest change I have noticed is not so much in the appearance of my stomach (although I'm still hoping to see some more definition in the next couple months as I shed some of the pounds from my bulking) but what I used to see when I was in a plank or push-up position was this huge hanging mass of fat/skin. Even in the original pics I posted....I looked good standing up straight but bend over and it all went to hell. LOL. The amount of excess skin/fat that hangs has gotten much less over the past 6 months. I always swore I wouldn't be caught dead doing a plank or push-up in just shorts and a sports bra because I hated that hanging skin so much but now I'm so proud of the fact that I'm actually getting it to go away!

I think this just reinforces the message of hard work, persistence and much, much patience since my "babies" are now 10 and almost 8 years old. Also eat the foods ladies! I have noticed the most change in my belly fat and firming up of my skin since I started eating more. I'm proud to say that I'm at the 1 year mark for upping my calories and eating at LEAST 1800/day (and much of this year I spent eating a heck of a lot more than that).
  • amymcs
    amymcs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration!
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yall look fantastic!

I have stretchmarks out the wazoo! I HATE them, they are the really deep wide ones, not the itty bitty ones :( Hopefully I can do something to get my belly to look like yall's! Great work!

This is for you! Not perfect but who cares....we women are too hung up on perfection. :wink:
    Bodyforlife003_zps3e13120a.jpg
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yall look fantastic!

I have stretchmarks out the wazoo! I HATE them, they are the really deep wide ones, not the itty bitty ones :( Hopefully I can do something to get my belly to look like yall's! Great work!

This is for you! Not perfect but who cares....we women are too hung up on perfection. :wink:
    Bodyforlife003_zps3e13120a.jpg

You look fantastic!!!!!

I've had 3 babies in 4 years. My first was a c-section. My biggest baby was just an ounce shy of 9 lbs. Before starting my fitness journey, I was about 28% body fat and I carried most of my weight from my belly button to my thighs. I've never in my lift had a flat, toned midsection (even before kids). I've seen the most positive results from heavy lifting and eating a lot to fuel my workouts. I am now around 20% body fat and it's taken me about a year to get where I am (pics in profile)
  • sgtlee13
    sgtlee13 Posts: 66
    Options
    i gained a bunch of weight with both of our boys; my last was an emergency C-Section...heard horror stories!! how long did it take you guys to get back to where you were?

and thank you, you guys totally motivated me! screw you mush-a-belly! i'm don'e with you!!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I started working out and logging my food a bit over a year ago. Granted....i didn't really know what I was doing at first. So I'll say that I've been on track really well for the past 8 months. And, it's taken me this long to feel comfortable posting a pic of my midsection.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!