Options
    Hearing my ex-partners voice.
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    I concur!
  • MzColie
    MzColie Posts: 17
    Options
    Late night munchies while watching my shows on dvr and stress or sadness and of course just something to do lol
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    Definitely stress. Stress over money mostly or stress over the fact that sometimes I feel my life is going nowhere. My body isn't the problem here, it is my mind...
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Snacking. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but if I have one bite of something it makes me more hungry.
  • hannahpage1991
    hannahpage1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Like most of the people commenting on this mine is old fashioned boredom. Also if I know that something like cake is in my house I suddenly want to eat it. If it wasn't there I wouldn't fancy eating it to be honest. I'm at a library desk for most of my day so it's also because I want a break that I will got and get a snack. It kinda sucks that all of this crappy food is available
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When there's a variety of food at a meal--i.e. every meal in the dining hall ever. It's been hard to realize that I don't HAVE to try EVERYTHING...
  • justaflea
    Options
    When I am a bit drunk. :drinker:
    When I am under stress.:ohwell:
    When the meal is too yummy!:love:
    And I stop smoking 6 months ago, so when i want to smoke, i eat a lot instead:noway: .
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Boredom, and people sitting near me constantly eating (a work thing).
  • lissamok
    Options
    Stress and boredom are my two biggest motivators.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Boredom and seeing food.
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    being tried, having a headache and exhausted from stress.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    When i don't feel good (today is a perfect example) i just want to take pity on myself and eat my face off...under the covers, with a classless book
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When I'm really happy (when I'm depressed I can't eat at all).
    PMS.
    When it's late at night and everyone is sleeping and the house is quiet.
  • TracieWeaver
    TracieWeaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can you gell me where you get the ticker that shows how much weight you have left to lose?
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    .....My body isn't the problem here, it is my mind...

You hit the nail on the head with that! The more I can control those little urges like "you deserve it, you worked out so hard... " or "you messed up the day anyway" or "what difference will this one little brownie make" the more I can put this weight issue to rest.
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Like any addiction, triggers usually occur in any heightened state of emotion - I was addicted to food and would associate eating with feelings of intense happiness, sadness, loneliness or even excitement. It was intense emotion that triggered my sense of wanting to eat.

By recognising this I learnt to disassociate food with my emotions and channel it to what its actual purpose is - to bloody live!

HOW?? Did you learn to do this???

I know for me it is stress and when I am tired at night rather then just going to bed I eat. and all the reasons you have already stated.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Boredom is SO my number one reason why I eat. That's part of the reason I wish I had a job, it's hard to keep occupied sometimes when there's nothing to do around the apartment. I'm breaking the habit slowly and noticed it mostly controlled by how balanced my diet is.
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    being bored and drinking!
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Feeling tired or sick. A rough day at work. When someone pisses me off!