30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 of level 2. I have to take several 5 sec breaks. Level 1 felt good and I could get through it without huffing and puffing, but not level 2! I hate any plank exercise. They suck so bad!

Ah...yes, planks. I think that is what I enjoyed most about level 1 of 30DS after going through RI30. No planks!! :) I guess I'll enjoy it until level 2.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Do any of you use an HRM and if so, what kind of numbers do you get?
    I was using MFP's "Circuit Training, General" for 20 minutes which estimates 350 or 390 cals burned.
    My HRM said 140 tonight, which seemed AWFULLY low for as hard as I was breathing and sweating!

Just curious what you all are seeing?

I put in Circuit training, General and I got about 170 cals. So maybe you accidently put in a little more.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am going to start it today. Does everyone do it every day or every other day?
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You move to the next level after your first week if you feel it gets easier and easier! I love this workout and it really works!
  • elysecea
    Options
    Im on day 4 of level 2. I have to take several 5 sec breaks. Level 1 felt good and I could get through it without huffing and puffing, but not level 2! I hate any plank exercise. They suck so bad!
    Planks get easier before you know it!
  • elysecea
    Options
    Measure yourself..you will see the results there!
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 1. I took yesterday off to rest. I'm definitely noticing that I can stick with it better each day, and also that I'm getting progressively less sore each time. Feel free to add me too, could always use more friends on here.
  • elliemaejohnson
    Options
    Hi there I am interested in the 30 day shred and would love to have a support system. Could you explain what the 30 day shred is all about. Thank you talk to ya soon:)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I'm on L2 D4. Still can't make it all the way through the planks without resting. ugh

Anyone NOT losing weight? I don't SEE a difference either? How many cals are you eating with the shred?

I'm on Level 3. I haven't lost weight (unless I have lost some since last week, haven't weighed yet this week). But I have lost some inches. The differences I saw first was increased strength and endurance. The pad of fat in front of my armpit and inside my knees went away. The fat around my back at the waist started shrinking and is almost gone. My legs are starting to look more shapely and less dimply. My butt is shaping and firming a bit. And I began to see some definition in my abs starting. I still have a lot of fat on the gut but the supporting muscles connecting the gut to my sides is definitely starting to show. I cannot do some of the moves so I substitute other moves I can do so that I keep the heart rate up. I do the best I can with the planks and rest for a few seconds if I have to. I am only using 1 and 2 pound weights.

Keep after it. I went from the couch to this and I am amazed at the results I'm seeing. I care less about the number on the scale now as long as the fat keeps shrinking.

I'm eating 1600 calories and not eating my exercise calories.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started on the 3rd. and I'm on L1 D5 ... I haven't done it yet today, but plan on it when I get home from work.

I think I'm going to go through the levels on my own timeline. Once I can really do level 1 without taking breaks then I'll move on.

SO it will probably more like a 90 day shred! lol
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wrote a topic about the same time as you about starting the 30 day shred. No one posted anything though....boo hoo. I am starting it tonight. I would love to be friends and support each other.
  • wwww1199
    Options
    You can add me! I need all the support I can get with this!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I wrote a topic about the same time as you about starting the 30 day shred. No one posted anything though....boo hoo. I am starting it tonight. I would love to be friends and support each other.

I hadn't seen your post, but I replied there now :)
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I started last night!! Not too bad because I've been doing some of the Insanity workouts off and on, but I was definitely tired by the end. Glad it's only 20 minutes long! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do 10 days at each level. I get bored easily with workout videos so I may do 7 days at each level and then on the last 7 days rotate the videos every 2 days...

Does anyone know if that will mess things up?
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I started last night!! Not too bad because I've been doing some of the Insanity workouts off and on, but I was definitely tired by the end. Glad it's only 20 minutes long! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do 10 days at each level. I get bored easily with workout videos so I may do 7 days at each level and then on the last 7 days rotate the videos every 2 days...

Does anyone know if that will mess things up?

I only did 5 days of Level 2 because it irritated an old shoulder injury. Will just do Level 3 longer. I added in doing 6 Week 6 Pack as well. Shouldn't goof you up.
  • Stacyanne324
    Options

Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll send you an invite to our group!
  • Stacyanne324
    Options
    Hi there I am interested in the 30 day shred and would love to have a support system. Could you explain what the 30 day shred is all about. Thank you talk to ya soon:)

It is a DVD workout program by Jillian Michaels. There are three levels which you do 10 days at each level and each workout takes about 20 minutes plus warm up and cool down. She puts you through 3 circuits using her 3-2-1 style of training where you do 3 minutes of strength, 2 of cardio, and 1 of abs for each circuit. People have had amazing results doing this program. I've only been through her Ripped in 30 one all the way through but lost a lot of inches with that so I started this one today. We started a group for people beginning the Shred this month so feel free to join if you would like. It's under 30 day shred - 2/7 start but if you can't find it just friend me and I'll send you an invite. Good luck!!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just did L2 D4...I'm sooooo sleepy today. I haven't been sleeping well at night so I was going to take tonight off to rest up. My conscious got the best of me and felt guilty not doing it. GLAD I DID!! :)
  • wwww1199
    Options
    I did day 1 on level 1 last night. Knees and back are sore but I'll push threw tonight! Need support!
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Day 10, and i've done Level 2 for 2 days. I can really notice a difference in my hips and thighs already, so I know this is definately working. Stay motivated, I'll admit there has been the odd day that I haven't done it - but I'm enjoying seeing the results. My trousers are fitting much nicer, and people are starting to notice - YAY! :drinker:

You get so sore, but it gets so much easier - then you move to the next level and BAM there's the soreness again! But keep going guys, we're all doing so well :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!