30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I'm on L2 D4. Still can't make it all the way through the planks without resting. ugh

Anyone NOT losing weight? I don't SEE a difference either? How many cals are you eating with the shred?

I am eating 1000-1200 cals and not eating back the workout calories. I havent weighed myself in a while but i went to the doctors and according to their scale I'm down 1lb lol. Im on L3D5 tonight. I heard you lose weight and see a difference most in level 3. We will see. I feel like I am seeing a difference now but I am not going to take my measurements again until I am done level 3. And I might just want to see results so bad that I am imagaining them at this point (I did that with level 2 but at the end when I measured I was pretty much the same...womp womp but I think I did that because I felt so much stronger and accomplished that I actaully got through level 2). You are half way done now though so you cant give up!!! You have invested too much time into it. Its frustrating not seeing any results but at least you are being active. My boyfriend keeps telling me that everyone's body is different and it takes time (even if it is a 30 day program) to see a change. I find myself pushing harder though the workouts because I really want to change. I guess time will tell if pushing myself that hard helps. Either way, this 30 minute workout is better than me sitting on the couch all night until bed and not working out at all like I have been doing for so long.

You can do it!!!!! Anyone can add me for support too! If i can get through shred, anyone can. I have never actually stuck to working out before this time. I've tried and lost motivation...not sure what changed but I guess my attitude towards me actually being able to do it. I believe in myself and I believe in all of you too!!!!
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Doing better, less sore...Level 1 Day 5 (took off one day and fast walked 3 miles instead and then took one day off)...actually dreading moving up to Level 2 as I see everyones plank comments. I really cant do those and I believe it'll hurt my back. Guess I'll worry about it when I have to. On a good note however, I do feel better, more energized and people at work are commenting that I look good. That sure helps. :bigsmile:
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not the plank helped strengthen my back. It is a core exercise and the more I did the longer I could hold it and my back (extremely stiff and 53 years old) got better. I am no longer struggling to bend down or get out of the bed.
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I stopped on Friday and for some reason can't get back into it. I have been still attending my boot camp classes , but I have been having problems with knees. I need to get back on it, should I just re- start it or continue on and have it be my 10th day?
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    L2 D5: Done.

My wrists hurt with the planks..ouch...
  • kikzi888
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post, its nice to have support and motivation. I am on day 9 of level one, i'm getting a bit bored and can't wait to start level 2. I haven't been doing it consistently every single day, I've been throwing in her yoga meltdown some days and go to the gym a few times a week as well, hoping this works!!!
  • luvnall3
    Options
    I just found out what this 30 day shred was. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is anything like the Biggest Loser Cardio Max or Last Chance workout DVD's?? Those have Bob Harper and Jillian in them.
    I have both of those and tried really hard to keep up with them, but I have problems with my knee and ankle from past injuries. It got really hard to do the reps and the swelling from my ankle got so bad the doc told me to stop doing the dvd's. Has anyone tried these dvd's and how do they compare to the 30DS? I lose weight very slow and need SOMETHING! Do you think this will be too hard on my knee and ankle? :) thanks
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I started it earlier... I have a physical disability so some of it seems really hard for me to do, but I try my best!!!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Jillian's in 30 day shred!!!! It doesn't seem like its too much high intensity at all, but its all non-stop... which is hard on me and I just started after getting it for my birthday Sunday lol :)

I just found out what this 30 day shred was. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is anything like the Biggest Loser Cardio Max or Last Chance workout DVD's?? Those have Bob Harper and Jillian in them.
    I have both of those and tried really hard to keep up with them, but I have problems with my knee and ankle from past injuries. It got really hard to do the reps and the swelling from my ankle got so bad the doc told me to stop doing the dvd's. Has anyone tried these dvd's and how do they compare to the 30DS? I lose weight very slow and need SOMETHING! Do you think this will be too hard on my knee and ankle? :) thanks
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started it last Friday. Today I went to have the fluid drained off my knee.

Just a warning, if you have a pre-existing knee issue, be so so careful. This workout is good, but it's hard on the knees.
  • spelkey19
    spelkey19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3! Count me in! :)
  • luvnall3
    Options
    Right now I am working out about 3-5 days a week. I struggle with my knee, ankle and 1-3 migraines a week. So I work out when I have a "good day" On a "good day" at the gym, I can do 30-45 min. cardio and 30 min circuit train/weights, no problem. But I havent seen the results like I feel I am putting in. That is why I was thinking of getting the 30 day shred. But if it is hard on knees/joints, then maybe I shouldnt buy it......:( Any other suggestions that I can try? I dont want to give up, but I feel like I'm getting closer to quitting. Help!
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not only overweight (over 200lbs) but I also have bad knees and I've found when doing moves that require me to jump using 2 feet at the same time (ex. jumping jacks/skip rope) my lower extremities squawk. Jillian says in the video to modify the moves if you have problems. One thing I always do for the "jumping time" is "skaters" which is demonstrated in Level 2. Basically, if you can walk, then you can do this. It really cranks the heart rate. Do punches, walk/jog in place... whatever. The point is don't stop. Do what you have to, to get some cardio.

I think you'd be missing out on a great experience if you didn't do the Shred. It's not a bible, it's a challenge to push yourself but be reasonable. Rome wasn't built in a day...
    Right now I am working out about 3-5 days a week. I struggle with my knee, ankle and 1-3 migraines a week. So I work out when I have a "good day" On a "good day" at the gym, I can do 30-45 min. cardio and 30 min circuit train/weights, no problem. But I havent seen the results like I feel I am putting in. That is why I was thinking of getting the 30 day shred. But if it is hard on knees/joints, then maybe I shouldnt buy it......:( Any other suggestions that I can try? I dont want to give up, but I feel like I'm getting closer to quitting. Help!
  • luvnall3
    Options
    Well thank you for your input. I am just beginning to jog and my knee and ankle are doing well. (so far) So I guess when things do really slow down for me and I get tired of my excercise routine, I could take a look into the 30 day shred. I just wanted to get some opinions on it before buying it. Thanks again. :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It is high impact, but as noted, you can substitute something else that you can do. There are a few moves I just cannot do, so I just keep moving with something else instead. It is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. During the 2 minutes of cardio on each circuit, she breaks down into 30 second chunks, like jumping jacks 30 seconds, squat and box for 30, then repeat. The next circuit would be two different cardio moves, 30 seconds each and then repeat.

You could get it out of the library or look for excerpts on Youtube to try it out before you buy it.
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    L2D6: Done.

Had to take 2 days off cause i pulled a hammy...all better now!
  • Mominaction
    Mominaction Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just bought my DVD 3 days ago and wiht my other workouts I didn't know when to throw it in, but I am in with everyone else - tonight it begins - good luck everyone. Don't forget to take some before and after photos.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of level 1. It killed my knees at first but now I feel way better. The push ups and side lunges are still tough for me. I am trying to perfect those and then hit level 2.
  • co_mama
    Options
    Would love to know if anyone got the results they wanted (or more!) while doing the revised (easier moves -Anita). I just started level 2 and I'm catching my breath on this one!
    I feel guilty going the "easy" way, but there's only so much my body can do! I don't want to have worked this far and then not see results :(
  • crashta
    Options
    My co-workers and I have been doing a variety of workout videos including 'Biggest Loser Cardio Max' and 'Biggest Loser Bootcamp'. '30 Day Shred' is easier on my knee (which sometimes gives me problems, esp. with lunges). JM's 'Ripped in 30' has a lot of plank moves which can be killer on the wrists.

My favorite dvds would have to be:
    JM - Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism
    JM - Killer Buns & Thighs
    JM - 30 Day Shred

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!