Celebrity Encounters

Options

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I met Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart (NASCAR drivers) when I went to the Daytona 500, and I met John Force and "Big Daddy" Don Garlits (drag race champions) when I went to the Gainesville Gatornationals earlier this month.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I met Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart (NASCAR drivers) when I went to the Daytona 500, and I met John Force and "Big Daddy" Don Garlits (drag race champions) when I went to the Gainesville Gatornationals earlier this month.

:love: Jeff Gordon!! Lucky!!
  • tashjs21
    Options
    The fat redheaded kid from the Sandlot was in line behind me at Paquito Mas once.

Where's Tami? She'll appreciate that one. :laugh: :laugh:

You're killing me smalls!!!!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a HUGE UFC fan .......we've been to a few fights and I have pics with some of the fighters like Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes......they were all really nice guys!! Not to mention the fit bodies:love::love:

In fact my hubby is 1st in my friends list and he has a pic w/him and Chuck Liddell as his profile pic.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    The fat redheaded kid from the Sandlot was in line behind me at Paquito Mas once.

I love The Sandlot!!

"Just stand out there and stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it."

Teeheehee!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    My hubby is a HUGE UFC fan .......we've been to a few fights and I have pics with some of the fighters like Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes......they were all really nice guys!! Not to mention the fit bodies:love::love:

In fact my hubby is 1st in my friends list and he has a pic w/him and Chuck Liddell as his profile pic.

my hubby would love your hubby :tongue: :laugh:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    My only celebrity encounter: I helped Bjork carry her baby carriage down some steps on Newberry Street in Boston.... Gosh, that was 5 years ago now.... I thought I was cool! :tongue:
  • tashjs21
    Options

I love The Sandlot!!

"Just stand out there and stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it."

Teeheehee!!

Four-EVer :laugh: :laugh:
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone remember that show Battlestar Galactica? My three tall sisters were extras on that show, they played the 'Angels' if you remember the two episode with the devil type guy and the angels that rescued and revived one of the main characters who was dead.

I was an extra in the Blues Brothers Movie when I was 17. After we wrapped, the bass player hit on me and asked me to come back to their hotel. I was too scared (virgin and 17 doncha know) and said no. My friends were :mad:

In this day and age, the only celebrity I know in Denver is my cousin who was on the Broncos, Mark Cooper #63, offensive lineman. He went to the two superbowls they lost almost 20 years ago. Then he was traded to the Tampa Bay Bucaneers and retired from football in 1992.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

my hubby would love your hubby :tongue: :laugh:

Maybe they can go on a man-date... I'm loving man-dates right now.... It's soooo funny to say
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband and I and his family met Paul McCartney in Disneyland. His then wife and their daughter were by themselves a little ways back so didn't meet them but oh my god it was amazing!

It's just an odd feeling like hey I know that guy and then you look again and it really doesn't click-I mean this guy is a flippin legend!

On that same trip we were in Orange County at the Block at Orange having supper at I think it Emeril's(?) and about 10*12 Calgary Flames hockey players walked in and sat down for supper. And we thought awe WTF we come all this way and we run into the crappy flames?! (We hadn't met Paul yet.) We're from about 2.5 hours outside of Calgary so it was a little silly, But we still chatted them up and got pictures and stuff.

Then again last year coming home from Vegas Robyn Regehr, Wayne Primeau and some a couple of others flames were on our flippin flight.

Would be great we liked the Flames! I guess it was still pretty cool- and Wayne Primeau was VERY hot.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, the NHL All-Stars game was in Dallas, at the same time I was in town for computer training. My classes were being held in one of the event-sponsor hotels, so I saw a lot of hockey players in the lobby and restaurant. Only problem was, I had never seen an NHL game in my life and had no clue who any of them were!

Someone mentioned Erik Estrada -- I got his autograph once for my sister & brought her the pen he used. She was pretty happy.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    My husband and I and his family met Paul McCartney in Disneyland. His then wife and their daughter were by themselves a little ways back so didn't meet them but oh my god it was amazing!

It's just an odd feeling like hey I know that guy and then you look again and it really doesn't click-I mean this guy is a flippin legend!

On that same trip we were in Orange County at the Block at Orange having supper at I think it Emeril's(?) and about 10*12 Calgary Flames hockey players walked in and sat down for supper. And we thought awe WTF we come all this way and we run into the crappy flames?! (We hadn't met Paul yet.) We're from about 2.5 hours outside of Calgary so it was a little silly, But we still chatted them up and got pictures and stuff.

Then again last year coming home from Vegas Robyn Regehr, Wayne Primeau and some a couple of others flames were on our flippin flight.

Would be great we liked the Flames! I guess it was still pretty cool- and Wayne Primeau was VERY hot.

Paul McCartney??? :noway: That is AWESOME!!! :drinker:
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I've never had a celebrity sighting/encounter unless a concert counts, but I was no where near the stage.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I was at a Todd Rundgren concert...after the show we walked down the alley behind the Aragon ballroom in Chicago and it was snowing

Todd Rundgren's limo was stuck in the snow and we helped him and his driver push it out of the snow

I met the Rev JesseJjackson twice...shook his hand,,,he has amazing charisma,,,like a magnet,,,a very nice guy
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I used to be the reservations manager for Carey Limo here in Austin. I have met Bea Arthur, William Shatner, Shawn Colvin, Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Metallica, and B.B. King. I met Stevie Ray Vaughn before he was famous.

Sandra Bullock was my favorite. She was the most down to earth and friendliest of them all. Rules of etiquette in the limo business require you to only speak when spoken too and not personally engage the clients. Ms Bullock like an old high school friend striking up a conversation. Very sweet and down to earth lady.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I used to be the reservations manager for Carey Limo here in Austin. I have met Bea Arthur, William Shatner, Shawn Colvin, Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock, Metallica, and B.B. King. I met Stevie Ray Vaughn before he was famous.

Sandra Bullock was my favorite. She was the most down to earth and friendliest of them all. Rules of etiquette in the limo business require you to only speak when spoken too and not personally engage the clients. Ms Bullock like an old high school friend striking up a conversation. Very sweet and down to earth lady.

Matthew McConaughey,:love::love:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

it really surprised me to hear McConaughy is gay....go figure
  • tashjs21
    Options

:angry: IS NOT!

Well, not in my dreams anyway. :blushing:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options

:angry: IS NOT!

Well, not in my dreams anyway. :blushing:

LOL I think that all started when he and Lance Armstrong were seen hanging out a lot after Armstrong's divorce. It was more of a frat boy thing. At least when I saw him in 2003, the woman he was with.....MAN OH MAN!!! He didn't look gay then.