Is There Anything You Eat That Don't Record - What and Why?

Options

Replies

• eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    I don't log coffee and tea, just the little bit of sugar I have in it - though only have 3 or 4 cups a day.

Also don't log veg as it would drive me up the wall having to log every tiny thing, and I figure that calorie-wise having some salad and a bit of steamed brocolli isn't going to break the bank. I'm losing steadily, and if this slows down then I might look at doing this differently.

I don't log water either, again, can't be bothered, but I do drink lots, honest!
  • CrystalWiles
    Options
    I don't log the food I steal off my kids' plates... bite of pb&j, french fry, etc.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Right now I don't log my supplements like fish oil and such. I may start but I doubt it. I didn't get fat taking my vitamins.
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Cake & chocolate - always puts my calories over daily............. He he :tongue: :laugh:

(This is a joke by the way.........)
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    I typically don't log my coffee intake but I log my creamer. I also don't log PAM, spray butter, spices, sugar free gum, or the crystal light I add to my water jog. I figure, in the long run, these things really don't effect my weight loss.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Most times I don't log the lemon juice I add to my water. Like whatever! I doubt I have ever gained weight from a few squeezes of lemon in my water.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you do that, you're just cheating yourself as well as us who are supporting you. I log everything that goes into my mouth, solid or liquid........I thought that's what we're supposed to do??
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you close your eyes and eat a cheese burger does it count? Just because you don't record it doesn't mean it doesn't count.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I pretty much never log spices unless I'm already over my sodium intake for the day. It's too much of a pain to insert every single one when they only count for a few calories, tops.

This....I'm the same way. I don't log spices, pretty much ever, besides salt and regular sugar
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea, herbs and spices that don't have salt or sugar, and stevia. Sometimes if I'm broiling chicke breast and put a little oil on the grill so they won't stick, I won't log the oil because I'm eating such a minuscule amount.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't log cups of coffee, but I do log the half 'n half I put in them. I don't log beverages, in general, that have less than 20 calories. I figure everything is approximate, anyway.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea - I don't put anything in it, so it's no big deal.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING! If I decide to have a cookie, as Im eating it, Im logging it. I run very early in the morning on my treadmill and sometimes I will have a gatorade prime 1 (for energy and carbs). I log that too because its 100 calories. YES I dont go over my calories, BUT I still know that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Everything counts...it doesnt matter if Im eating eat to fuel my workout, I still log it. I also add 50 quick add calories to most of my meals...I classify those as my "miscellaneous calories". I do that because we ALL take an extra bite of this or that while we are making our food. I might take an extra piece of cheese or an extra scoop of ice cream. We dont think anything of it until the scale doesnt budge and we are questioning why. My personal trainer/running coach recommended that I do that just to make sure Im keeping myself as honest as possible. I also record ketchup, salad dressing, mayo....veggies, everything. Because in the end it all add up. I saw some people dont record sugar free gum...I do. Its 5 calories per stick. Sometimes I might eat 10-15 sticks per day. Thats an extra 50+ calories that yes, might not seem like alot but it can add up overtime. Just because its sugar free doesnt mean its calorie free.

But thats just me....
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I do not log spices unless I am entering it under recipes, I don't really use that much to be honest it would probably be 5 calories at the most for ll the spices I consume in a day, and plain coffee is not logged, anyhting added to the coffee is added. It doesn't really have any nutrition I need to have logged. Also I don't log non stick spray and I always try to leave at least 50 caloires at the end of the day..
  • big_drake
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker so I drink green tea in the morning. I don't record that. It's just one cup and there are no calories in it anyway.

I also tend to not record burritos. The ones I get from this particular local place isn't on the food list and I'm not going to ask them. It's usually a late night/early morning snack anyway. Hey, its the weekends and I work hard all week so I can slip a little on the weekends. Plus they are my kryptonite.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't log sugar free gum. Probably should though, since I chew a LOT of it..

I have to log mine since I eat a pack in one sitting...lol
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I don't log the food I steal off my kids' plates... bite of pb&j, french fry, etc.
    Ha. I do that too. I also don't log marinades and cooking oils, mostly because i'm at my goal weight so don't need to monitor things that closely.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I log everything but water.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I don't always track sugar free gum.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't record any kind of spices or coffee. Although, I do record whatever I put in the coffee. Other than that, I try to record everything I consume.