Is There Anything You Eat That Don't Record - What and Why?

Options

Replies

• shesse89
    Options
    Homemade meals I don't always record... sometimes I'll try to piece it all together but it's just too hard and if I know how many calories I've logged and have left for that meal, I do my best at portion control. Otherwise all packaged and take out foods, I log.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't log gum or vitamins. Or spices (I never actually thought about doing that lol - and probably still won't). I also don't log water. I have a 20 oz bottle that I try to drink 5 of. That's like 12.5 cups. This is how I keep track of water and so I don't really need to log it - though the fact that it's not an even amount of cups makes me aggravated enough that I just won't log it lol
    Oh yea I also don't record my tea (I brew it and it's unsweetened - if I add milk I log that)
  • jenfalck
    jenfalck Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The honey in my tea, breath mints, gum, salt, pepper.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do log my energy gels, but not coffee (the actual coffee, I do log creamer).
    Gels are 100/pack. I take them when I run, and I never run less than four miles, so I definitely work them off. There is a difference in 100 calories and a 2 calorie cup of coffee tho. I would start logging your gels - however, you're really only lying to yourself if you don't!
  • jak111
    jak111 Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't log my medicine or vitamins either
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Spices and sometimes raw veggies. I will at times open the fridge (we have a HUGE bowl of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots there? and will grab a piece of something. It's likely 1-4 calories and good for me in every way so I don't bother. If I grab a plate of it, however, I do!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i log everything minus spices!
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiousity: how many calories are your sport gels. For me, when I was training for half marathons, I was doing alot of the goo gels and hammer gels which were 90-100 calories per packet or shot. By the end of the a long run, I was possibly taking in 300-400 calories alone just from the energy gels...in addition to the other food I was eating. I ended up maintaining and sometimes gaining weight during my training because I wasnt tracking those gels.

Right now I run about 3-4x per week and if I do a long run I have a gatorade prime 15 minutes before my run since I run very early in the morning. Thats 100 calories per packet...I still track it because it still counts towards my daily caloric intake.

This has been true for me....
    I record everything I eat, with the exception of sports gels. I have 1 every 3-4 miles on most runs over 6 miles. The reason I don't record them is that I know that I need the carbs they give me on a long run and I know I will try to go without, if i have to go put them in. I'm always way under on cals on my long run day ANYWAY....
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Also I don't log non stick spray and I always try to leave at least 50 caloires at the end of the day..

I always try to leave to calories too! Just never know! And you have to watch MFP because sometimes the nutrition and calorie count is not right in the database.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My Diet Green Tea with Blueberry Pomegranate. It's about 16 calories a serving, 80 calories in the whole jug and it takes me about a week to drink a jug. So I'm not really skipping anything meaningful. And I have to rebel a little bit to keep my sanity.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I don't log my medications, because they're necessities, otherwise I wouldn't be taking them. I have HORRIBLE allergies, and if I'm off my meds, even for a day, I can't function because of the congestion that I'll be suffering from. I don't log condiments either, such as ketchup, because I use very little of them anyway. Other than that, everything that I consume gets logged, even if it makes my diary look awful.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I typically log EVERYTHING, including spices, etc.. But if I'm having a "free night" or a party weekend when It's impossible to record everything, I don't stress about it, I just don't do it that day, and then pick it all up the next day. (I limit this behavior to once or twice a month only)
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have pickles as a snack, some are zero cals, some are 5 cals. I usually don't log that. Or some of the low-cal condiments that I use that are less than 10 cals too...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I can't tell you what and why. You'll have to be satisfied with that.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOVE logging everything! I've always loved lists ever since I was a kid and having an ap to do it makes my train commute fun - yea I'm a dork.

So I have ground black pepper 3 cals logged, gum 5 cals, Crystal Light 10 cals etc all there.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gum. Tea.

I don't chew gum very often, and it's such a mindless thing to just pop a piece or two into my mouth.

I drink tea constantly, and I read somewhere that if you were a big tea drinker before you joined MFP and continued drinking loads of tea, that it should just be counted as your water intake.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices or salt, but I leave myself a cushion for those things. It just takes too much time trying to log, like, an eighth of a teaspoon of each little spice I use -.-
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't log herbs and spices, and I don't log 1 cal spray (because I use about 2 sprays for a whole pan, so maybe I should log 2cal?). I don't log my water because I make sure I have at least 2 litres a day before 5pm, so I know I'm well over my target every day :)
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    I don't log spices, but I do log salt to track sodium intake.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't log my veggies, fruit, diet sodas, or teas. I guess its just my old way of thinking from Weight Watchers, veggies and fruits are important but don't have high calorie counts so they were zero points.