Is There Anything You Eat That Don't Record - What and Why?

Options

Replies

• kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    zero calorie fizzy drinks
    sugar free gum
    ketchup
    cordial (I put like a cm in the bottom of a pint glass of water as like it weak)

and tea (decaf and white) - this one because I will never cut back on milk for this treat, I will never give up tea, and if I have to cut calories in my tea then something else in my food/exercise log is majorly wrong.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I log everything so I don't get sloppy. I know myself, and I will start doing things like having "just a bite" of this or that, or "just a few" pieces of candy, etc., and I'll do it multiple times a day.

Okay, I don't log gum (it's usually Trident or other some such sugar-free gum), or breath mints if I only have one or two. I rarely have those things so it's not as if I'm eating a pack of gum a day and not recording it.

I also don't log vitamins and medications. I don't think I would ever find how many calories are in 15mg of methotrexate or 50mg of Enbrel, LOL!
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't log my sugarless gum. I don't even have a piece every day so why bother. I also don't log for example if my daughter offers me some of her skittles and I eat 1 or 2. But that's the extent of my non-logging.

haha I even recorded one minstrel the other day as it was 14 calories! But only because it was on the list when I searched. If it wasnt there I wouldnt have bothered.:tongue:
  • cannmac
    cannmac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to record everything regardless of the calories so I don't start slacking and think such and such is ok and just a little so whatever. I couldn't believe that 2 tbs of half and half is about 40 calories. I was having like 4 cups of coffee and not thinking of how many calories were in the 1/2 n 1/2. I measure out everything also. 3 wks in and 9 lbs down so I need to record to keep mindful.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Forgot, I don't log cooking spray either.
    Particles in the air, pollution in the air, bugs that fly in my mouth, spiders I eat when asleep.

:laugh:
  • neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Tea/Coffee because I take both plain and they don't account for much.
    Also, I'll have a square of chocolate from a chocolate bar once in a blue moon and my cals are always under so I don't bother putting that in!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't log mustard or calorie free sweeteners. I also don't usually log tea (I don't put sugar in it) or other calorie free drinks.
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think for the most part I log everything with the exception of the things the majority that have already posted said they don't log like spices and cooking spray. I do log my coffee (but not as water) since I put cream and Splenda in it, but not my Propel Zero packs since it has nno calories. I want to hold myself accountable for what I eat so I am going to do the best that I can. I'm sure along the way I'll forget something.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kris_joanna
    kris_joanna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't record vitamins, spices, coffee or tea. However, I do log honey for the tea, milk for the coffee, etc. If it's Starbucks, I always log that. I also log gum, veggies, diet soda & anything else I eat. Even if it has no calories, I watch sodium, fiber, protein, carbs, fat, etc. too. If someone else prepares it, I guess high. I'd rather log it than not.

I do log my water, but not very consistently. I am constantly refilling my water pitcher & it would be hard to track. I think it's fine as long as I'm confident I'm getting close to the 8 cups a day (& I'm usually over).
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont log in spices, oils or anything like that. i just log in my food intake, somethings are just time consuming, its hard logging in every little thing..
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    - Salt and Pepper
    - Cooking Spray (I DO log oil and butter though)
    - Medications
    - I try to remember to log spices, but sometimes I forget if I didn't work off a recipe
    - Water (it's complicated)

Otherwise, I log it. Even 0 calorie drinks and low calorie vegetables. I want to be accountable for what I am putting in my mouth and want to see if there is a trend.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't record spices or vitamins.
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i log every thing, (but only as quick cals as i know the cals or work them out in every thing i eat or drink)
    thats why i am loosing weight and not still fat, as i am not kidding myself
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Tums, Sugar Free Gum, Communion, or little "tastes' while preparing dinner or spices.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I also don't log my water intake, though I think I should start. It's just so annoying logging every glass!

I don't log my water either, I always drink a ton of it though so I'm not really concerned that I'm not getting at least 8 a day or whatever MFP thinks I should be getting. I also don't record things like sugar free gum, crystal light/iced tea, or my fish oil supplement.
    If it's less than 10 calories (and I'm not downing an entire pack of gum in one day) then I'm not that concerned. I also try to slightly overestimate on my portions for other food, though, since they say people typically underestimate.

I don't log water either, it seems a bit too much for me personally. I also don't record spices and stuff that is going to have next to no calories.
  • lijparsons
    Options
    I don't log PAM cooking spray. Apparently it has 4 cals per 1/2 second spray. I don't bother . Also gum, or the excell mints I am addicted to lately.
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    half n half in my coffee

^^^ me either. I only have one cup of coffee a day and it is probably the one thing I won't ever change.
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I record pretty much everything, except if I add a pinch of table salt to something (unless I know I've had high sodium things that day). I do log my vitamins because I want to see how good/bad I do on nutrients when combining my food and my vitamin.

Oh wait, forgot to say I don't log gum. Because I chew it for a long time, long enough to burn off the calories I would be consuming from that one piece of gum. But I do log candy since it doesn't last very long ( and I might get carried away if I didn't hold myself accountable for it).