how many times do you work out?

Options

Replies

• cammers74
    Options
    I'm doing 2x per day, at least 60 minutes. I do strength training with a trainer twice a week, and 1-2 times per week on my own. Cardio the rest of the time. I try to vary the cardio: Mostly I do the elliptical, but I also work in time on the rowing machine, stationary bike and stepper. I also do brisk walk/jogs with my dog every day--unless it's raining. (Schnauzers apparently fear melting when it drizzles.)

I admit, I've been going a bit overboard on the exercise the last few months. But I still have nearly 80 pounds to get to my "ideal" body weight, and 60-70 to get to the weight I'll probably be happy to live with. And I feel better than I have in years.

Amazing weight loss!!! :)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I try for at least 5 days a week. I mix elliptical, bicycle, stair machine, and jogging.

JM
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal is 16 times. But I rarely meet that.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    :happy: 5-6 TIMES A WEEK
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    saw a personal trainer for the first time about a couple weeks ago and where I was averaging 2-3 times a week pre-trainer, the routine she built for me was so fun I'm averaging 6 times a week now. I see her again next month and can't wait; I had no idea how much of a benefit it would be for me to have someone else build my workouts.
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do 4-5 days!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I strength train twice a week, run 3/4 times a week, and cycle 3 times a week. Some simple math will tell you that some of these are two a day workouts. I always try to get a rest day in which for me is usually active rest - an easy hike or such.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I try to do cardio 4 days a week for over an hour.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    As often as I need to get under calorie - at least 30 minutes everyday for me.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I work out 40 minutes 3-4x a week

same as this gal...........weights only, no cardio
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    As much as I can without jeopordizing my marriage, relationship with my kids, career, and a few other responsibilities. Those things probably keep me from (more) over use injuries.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I actually do probably 10 or 11 "workouts" in a week.

I run 4 times per week. I take yoga 3 times per week, I take body pump once a week. And then I'll do 2 or 3 Wii EA active workouts with my husband. It works out to be about 7-8 hours per week.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I aim for 6 hrs a week.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends, normal week 6-7. I have one week a month that's my "off" week (guess which one that is) where I workout maybe 3times
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    5-6 days a week for me. I usually plan for one rest day, and if I'm feeling really tired any day, I'll take another. I workout pretty hard on my workout days. I worked out for five minutes short of 3 hours yesterday--broken up into three separate workouts. But the day before, I only walked (7.5 miles), so nothing hardcore. Yesterday was especially big because I have been missing out on my gym time due to family stuff... so I had the day and used it!

Typically, I workout between 1 and 2 hours a day, 5-6 x a week, a combination of strength and cardio.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Every other day I go to the gym and lift some heavy stuff.
    If I am in a really really good mood then I do 30 minutes of low intensity cardio here and there.
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week.

Every day I do 20-30 minute cardio at home (my favorites are my heavy bag in the garage, cardio kickboxing, P90X Plyometrics, and P90X Kenpo)

In the afternoons, after I drop my 2 youngest off at Pre-K, I hit the gym for weight training and 30-45 min cardio:
    Monday: Chest; stairs/treadmill
    Tuesday: Back; Stationary bike
    Wednesday: Rest day
    Thursday: Shoulders; stairs/treadmill
    Friday: Arms; Stationary bike
    Saturday: If I go I do 60 min of some kind of cardio...I change it up all the time.
    Sunday: Legs; Treadmill

In the spring/summer/fall, all my cardio is on my mountain bike. I'll go for a 30 minute morning ride, and after training I hop on my bike again for a good hour...except leg day, then I stick to the treadmill.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My goal is 5 times but end up exercising 4 time a week.:ohwell:
  • slimgal613
    Options
    I really push for 4-5.

:smile:
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    90 min 5/6 times a week