Does anyone else struggle to feel sexy?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• AOK1774
    Options
    I used to struggle with it but not anymore! About 2 years ago I found out my husband had several affairs, devastating to me of course and blame alot on myself at that time, "not sexy enough, not confident enough, etc" until I got a phone call from a good friend (male) he told me to repeat after him and said:
    1. I am a sexy woman
    2. I am a confident woman
    3. I am a smart woman

He told me that those are the 3 qualities men most adore in a woman and that I had all 3. Just those words made a difference in me and changed my perspective.

Sexy is a state of mind, and if you display your confidence, that is very sexy! I am not a size 2 or 4, I am a size 14/16 and everywhere I go I get looks from other men even when I am with my husband. My husband never realized what he had, but realizes it now!
  • alapoint89
    Options
    i never feel sexy enough!!!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Every single day. However, I've never really been able to feel that way. I don't think there's a sexy bone in my body! God forgot to put that in my hardwiring ;) haha
  • newmrswood
    Options
    I've discovered that in order to feel sexy you have to do sexy things! Make yourself BE sexy! Put on a pair of heels in your lingerie, dress up for aYOURSELF and do something with the girls. You have to feel sexy to you and build your self-confidence up.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am really happy about this thread. I have always felt like the odd one out having no concept of feeling sexy whatsoever. I just don't get it at all. Men sometimes talk about me flirting, or tell me I should flirt more to get my way, and I just go "huh?" I wouldn't know how to pretend to be sexy if my life depended on it.

Matching underwear makes me feel awkward and try hard. I don't like heels, I only wear boots, I don't even use hair conditioner, let alone straighten it, or wear make up, or tweeze. I have no fingernails to speak of so varnish is out if I don't want my fingers to look like smarties.

So I am glad I am not the only one!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My Partner is going through this at the moment & although you might not want "guy input" here it comes. I Love her, do I wish she was healthier, YES, do I still wish to touch & make love to her OH BOY YES. I luv making out, touching & well you get the idea, I have a pretty high sex drive & she used to match if not exceed this. But a number of things have contributed to her lack of drive BUT it is the extra pounds that really concern her.

MY POINT - ladies your man loves you(unless he is a user, negative pig/you'll know the difference) & he STILL fancies you, yes a little bit because he is wired to get erect at a tree falling down BUT SERIOUSLY, he took care of himself before & during(when you're at work/asleep/cooking, etc) So if that is what he wanted he would leave you alone.

BUT HE WANTS YOU :)

Russ

Thank you for posting this for all the women out there. It is great to know there are good men out there that love us no matter what.
  • n8nshelly
    Options
    I'm the same, I used to be real thin and did'nt have to work for it but as I got older I started to gain weight and I have a hrad time feeling good with the extra weight. So here I am, and doing very well with this. I do exercise 6 days a week most weeks anyway, and use a fat detox which I love so things are happening for me..
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I never "feel" sexy or even call myself that. Guys I date say I'm sexy right before they start ripping my clothes off. I think there's a connection there...I'm only sexy when they get to enjoy it. FML
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I am my own worst enemy. I have never, ever felt sexy. Pretty maybe, if im dressed up and going to dinner or something. My husband always tells me im beautiful, but I never see it for myself, even though I get looks from men when we go out, and I even catch guys at the gym watching me. Im working on seeing myself in a different light, no matter what my size or weight. We all should.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ive been struggling with the way i look ever since i had my kids!!! before i was 116 and now im 184.2 my goal is 116 again,now im not being negative im working my way to my goal but i think i wont feel good in my skin or feel sexy or anything till im back to my old weight...
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I recommend anyone who wants to feel accepted and sexy in their body join a burlesque class.

This is exactly why I want to take a burlesque class. Hoping that it will help.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever feel sexy, even though my hubby says it constantly!!! I just don't see it with my eyes!!!:noway:
  • bringingsexybackx
    Options
    i found the thinner i got the more i worried about my figure and if i looked fat in a dress etc...weird never bothered me when i was 4st heavier!