Chicken Nuggets!?!?!? Yay or nay!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What chicken nuggets generally look like, even the "white meat" ones.
    tumblr_lxxbg33sp61r3mqxn

Supporting article:
    http://rippedandfit.tumblr.com/post/16055599899/note-comments-have-been-edited-to-remove-any

Scary!

(Edited due to copying incorrect URL for pic. All better now!)

But it's still just chicken, correct?
  • rhorae
    rhorae Posts: 8
    Options
    Chicken McNuggets are a dangerous game setting you for failure. They are disgusting DON"T do it. You can still use BBQ sauce only do it on some skinless boneless chicken bites. It is probably the BBQ sauce you really want anyway. You can control this I Know you can
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't do "spongy" chicken.

I watched a Jamie Oliver show that made me decide that I will NEVER eat most fast food again. Just look at those nuggets, and all nuggets elsewhere as well, they look like sponges on the inside!! (except Chick fil a) It's a very small amount of chicken mixed with fillers, one if which is cellulose. Cellulose shows up as a ingredient in many of our packaged and processed foods. Cellulose is wood that has been ground into a powder and it's in everything from ice creams to meats. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, I don't want to be eating trees or anything else that isn't chicken!:noway:
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What chicken nuggets generally look like, even the "white meat" ones.

Supporting article:
    http://rippedandfit.tumblr.com/post/16055599899/note-comments-have-been-edited-to-remove-any

Scary!

You obviously didn't read the whole thread did you?

Meh, I'm on a conference call at work... don't have time for 6 pages.
    Honestly, it doesn't matter to me since I don't eat chicken anyway. Just thought I'd share the image of what most of them look like when they aren't homemade. (For those who choose fast food nuggets or processed ones from the grocery).
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I get my chicken from Rasin' Cane! They only buy the top 1% of the best quality chicken on the market. You can really taste the difference between it and a place like Church's

Only THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a Cainiac and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just sad that all they do is fried. I work hard to stay away from that place....the sweet tea is evil too!!!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Does that picture remind anyone else of those disgusting "circus peanut" candies? I know they're not good for you and all of that, but my mouth waters and the mere mention of mcnuggets. What are these new chicken mcbite things?
    Honestly it makes me want ice cream lol
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well, there's not much of an article to go with it. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me since I don't eat chicken. Just thought I'd share the image of what most of them look like when they aren't homemade. (For those who choose fast food nuggets or processed ones from the grocery).
    Sweetheart, they stopped using the mechanically separated chicken 9the pink paste) in 2003. Feel free to read the thread for the info, and source of info. :flowerforyou:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me since I don't eat chicken anyway. Just thought I'd share the image of what most of them look like when they aren't homemade. (For those who choose fast food nuggets or processed ones from the grocery).
    [/quote]
    Well on page 3 or 4 ... its been debunked and Mechanically seperated chicken is no longer used in mcnuggets... but either way I saw this pic back a few years ago.. never stopped me .. I like my delicious goop.. . to each their own.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I suggest taking a second to check your facts first, if you're going to put information out there.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes! The only food at McDonalds I like. Love their nuggets. At home will eat the Perdue ones.
  • eversongrey
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

chicken-mcnugget-step-one-1447-1-1.jpg

I thought this was strawberry ice cream. YUCK to the NUGGET!
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    10 piece chicken mcnuggets has 420 calories and 24 grams of fat, so i guess 20 of 'em has 840 calories and 48 grams of fat

i'd die from a guilt trip if i ate that :noway:

Same here...
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I love me a good nugget!!! Right now though I could go for the chicken strips from Arby's... with cheese sauce. That's right, I said it... Cheese sauce. Mmm... Processed meat and cheese product...
    Tha sounds like a damn fine idea.... but i still have 11 days until i can indulge in crap again.
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love mc donalds chicken nuggets. i say go for it but maybe get a 10 piece and not a 20 lol :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I love mc donalds chicken nuggets. i say go for it but maybe get a 10 piece and not a 20 lol :)

Yes a woman who knows how to appreciate a good nugget!....................20 piece!
  • Flexmeister
    Options
    I bet they are bro
  • Flexmeister
    Options
    strawberry turd LOL
  • tataliciousd89
    Options

I watched a Jamie Oliver show that made me decide that I will NEVER eat most fast food again. Just look at those nuggets, and all nuggets elsewhere as well, they look like sponges on the inside!! (except Chick fil a) It's a very small amount of chicken mixed with fillers, one if which is cellulose. Cellulose shows up as a ingredient in many of our packaged and processed foods. Cellulose is wood that has been ground into a powder and it's in everything from ice creams to meats. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, I don't want to be eating trees or anything else that isn't chicken!:noway:
    Cellulose is just a type of plant based fiber and is not necessarily always derived that way, but i totally get and agree with your point.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

If you watched that Jamie Oliver show then you'd know it is in fact all chicken. Maybe not the most desireable parts of it, but it IS still chicken. Go figure...his little experiment to gross out the kids was a huge fail too.