Chicken Nuggets!?!?!? Yay or nay!?!?!?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well, there's not much of an article to go with it. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me since I don't eat chicken. Just thought I'd share the image of what most of them look like when they aren't homemade. (For those who choose fast food nuggets or processed ones from the grocery).
    Sweetheart, they stopped using the mechanically separated chicken 9the pink paste) in 2003. Feel free to read the thread for the info, and source of info. :flowerforyou:

Understood. And thanks for not drilling me harder. I'm doing some more searching around and well, maybe you all are right. There's many different practices for how nuggets are made and well in my case, it still doesn't matter anyway.
    *Slowly backing away now...*
    :smile:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't do "spongy" chicken.

I watched a Jamie Oliver show that made me decide that I will NEVER eat most fast food again. Just look at those nuggets, and all nuggets elsewhere as well, they look like sponges on the inside!! (except Chick fil a) It's a very small amount of chicken mixed with fillers, one if which is cellulose. Cellulose shows up as a ingredient in many of our packaged and processed foods. Cellulose is wood that has been ground into a powder and it's in everything from ice creams to meats. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, I don't want to be eating trees or anything else that isn't chicken!:noway:
    If you watched that Jamie Oliver show then you'd know it is in fact all chicken. Maybe not the most desireable parts of it, but it IS still chicken. Go figure...his little experiment to gross out the kids was a huge fail too.

Of course it was a fail, what kid is going to pick whole foods over processed, deep fried, sugared up foods?

Jamie wasn't the right person to be able to get things done, however just yesterday saw that *gasp* Michelle Obama is "bringing about changes to lunch programs unlike anything we have ever seen" Imagine that, Mrs Obama....no one has ever tried that before. Thank you for being the first to try to bring health to school lunches.

Jamie just didn't have the political clout be able to bring about change.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: People people were talking about meaty nuggets here!!! lets all lighten up and enjoy a little CHICKEN CHIT CHAT!!!

bUFFALO SAUCE OR BBQ with you nuggets!?!?!?!??!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Jamie wasn't the right person to be able to get things done, however just yesterday saw that *gasp* Michelle Obama is "bringing about changes to lunch programs unlike anything we have ever seen" Imagine that, Mrs Obama....no one has ever tried that before. Thank you for being the first to try to bring health to school lunches.

The gov't has no business (or constitutional authority) to tell anyone what to eat.
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    MMM...mcdonalds chicken nuggets so tasty :noway: Gotta love mechanically separated poultry

chicken-mcnugget-step-one-1447-1-1.jpg

Before reading, I thought that was strawberry froyo.

*BARF*!!
  • mello
    Options
    :bigsmile: People people were talking about meaty nuggets here!!! lets all lighten up and enjoy a little CHICKEN CHIT CHAT!!!

*deep breath*

Hot Mustard!!!!
    I sure didn't get to this place in life without eating a nugget or two!!:laugh:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

*deep breath*

Hot Mustard!!!!
    I sure didn't get to this place in life without eating a nugget or two!!:laugh:

Finally a sense of humor!!!!!!!! I hear you buttercup! I USED to eat maybe 40 or Eat fries and coke with it! Now I just flex the 20 nuggets and thats it. Oh and I like both the BBQ and the Buffalo sauce...yummmmmmmmmm
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ranch Dressing or Honey;)
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When I worked for McD's (left because I moved to the USA), I ate nuggets quite often. I would mix the BBQ sauce and honey together. SO GOOD.

The BBQ sauce (and sweet and sour actually) here in the USA does not taste as good as it does in Canada. They are different packages too.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I watched a Jamie Oliver show that made me decide that I will NEVER eat most fast food again. Just look at those nuggets, and all nuggets elsewhere as well, they look like sponges on the inside!! (except Chick fil a) It's a very small amount of chicken mixed with fillers, one if which is cellulose. Cellulose shows up as a ingredient in many of our packaged and processed foods. Cellulose is wood that has been ground into a powder and it's in everything from ice creams to meats. When I eat chicken, I want it to be chicken, I don't want to be eating trees or anything else that isn't chicken!:noway:
    If you watched that Jamie Oliver show then you'd know it is in fact all chicken. Maybe not the most desireable parts of it, but it IS still chicken. Go figure...his little experiment to gross out the kids was a huge fail too.

Of course it was a fail, what kid is going to pick whole foods over processed, deep fried, sugared up foods?

I didn't mean he failed in changing school lunches here....I mean he failed in trying to gross those kids out in that video by making the chicken goo in front of them. Sure kids like the end product, but he was trying to show them how it starts off and gross them out by it...and THAT was a fail.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options

I didn't mean he failed in changing school lunches here....I mean he failed in trying to gross those kids out in that video by making the chicken goo in front of them. Sure kids like the end product, but he was trying to show them how it starts off and gross them out by it...and THAT was a fail.
    He talks funny too.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Ranch Dressing or Honey;)

Dear................I like to taste the honey first............. then somehow my nuggets end up covered in honey in honey!:devil:
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation....

Hooked on chicken nuggets: Girl, 17, who has eaten nothing else since age TWO rushed to hospital after collapsing
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2092071/Stacey-Irvine-17-collapses-eating-McDonalds-chicken-nuggets-age-2.html
  • mello
    Options

Ooohh, ok. My bad. :blushing: You are right, it didn't phase the school kids or adults that made the decisions as to what they would eat or not eat. But it sure grossed this ole girl out!!! LOL I haven't had a nugget since!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Both! I switch back and forth ;)