Worst Date Ever

Options

Replies

• philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Worst date ever: went to kiss this girl good night and felt razor stubble! Gross.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Ted Mosby! hahaha
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I got fixed up by a (then) friend with a guy who told me he loved me before the date was over. I was like, "Ummm, I love you too??" and got out of the car. It was the first and last date! Ewwwww. :noway:

Was his name Ted Mosby?

Ted Mosby!!!! I love HIMYM
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Posted this before, but here goes:

I was set up with this guy a few months ago. We met at a public location, which is this huge botanical garden in our city. I got there a little early, and waited. Up rides this guy on a BICYCLE with what looked like a hiking pack on his back. The first thing he said to me was "You must be Danielle. I recognize your t*ts from the photo that _____ showed me"....ummmm....seriously?! So we walked through the gardens talking, and the entire time this guy bi.tched and moaned about how expensive dating was, how expensive EVERYTHING is nowadays...mind you, he makes 6 figures. He knew from our friend that I am vegan, and asked me a lot of questions about it, and seemed to be respectful. After the gardens, he said he wanted to take me to dinner, but we'd have to put his bike in my car....WTF?! I asked if he owned a car, out of curiosity, and he said he did, but "didn't want to waste the gas". So, I have to STRADDLE his bike in a skirt and heels while he took it apart so it would fit in my car, and got in. He guided me where to go, and it ended up being a pizza place....okay, so I can just get a small veggie pizza w/no cheese...no big deal. OH NO. He ordered for BOTH OF US. A MEAT LOVERS pizza. He told me I could just "pick everything off, it's a better deal this way." After having a nice meal of water, we got back in the car, and the first thing he said was, "well, I washed my sheets so I guess it's time to go back to my place." I obliged, but with a different motive. We got to his place, put his bike back together, and I got back in the car and took the hell off. He started calling me like, 3 times a day, texting, emailing me. I had to block his number and his email so he couldn't contact me. Believe me, I had some STRONG WORDS for my friend the next day!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I also went on a couple dates with another guy I had met online... He seemed really sweet initially, but quickly found out he was definately bordering on stalker.

Our first date we went out for ice cream (I got the special... $1.25... keep in mind for later) That date wasn't horrible, But He put NO effort into his appearance... and don't get me wrong appearance isn't everything... but like he didn't even shower or change from work (he works in a factory so gets substancially dirtier that most) and it looked like he didn't even comb his hair. I find out that he is almost 35... still lives with his mommy and daddy, and has never moved out before. Same with his brothers and sisters... all about 30 and still never moved out... He had kind of crude humor that isn't really first date appropriate etc.

So I'm not thrilled at this point... but I figured maybe it was just a bad first impression, so I give him another chance and go out with him for lunch the next weekend... We go to Mexican (I order the $5 special... again, keep this in mind for later). When the waiter asks how we would like out bill... we just look at each other for a full minute before be grudgingly says that he will take care of it... Again... more crude humor on the date...

Then I was out of town for a while ( I really was) and I get all these texts about how his mom already thinks of me as her daughter in law, how he's told all the guys at work about me, etc.

Then he asks me to go to the most expensive restaurant in town with him... but not before throwing in... and I think its your time to buy since I bought it the last 2 times... Ok... he had spent a combined total of $6.25 on me for our 2 dates prior... and he asks me to buy for him at a place that is $50+ per plate! And... If this makes me a horrible person for thinking this way, then I guess I'm just a horrible person, but my philosophy is that before you are in a relationship and are just 'dating' then whoever asks for the date should pay for the date... If I ask a guy to go on a date with me, then I'm willing to pay for both of us, because I asked for the date.

We never had that 3rd date he wanted.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I waited a long time to start dating (21). I did the online thing, and finally agreed to meet a guy I had been talking to. It was my first ever date, I was a little nervous, but he...could barely function he was so nervous. He ended up asking me to marry him (in not so many words) by the end of the night. :|
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I got food poisoning from a date, sick for the whole weekend and find out Monday that she got back together with her ex. Decent date, but I was the filler. I had one horrendous date in my lifetime, which I can't begin to put into words.. other than that mostly decent, a few bleh and some good ones.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Suddenly I feel a hell of a lot better about some of my dates haha, some of these are soooo cringe!

I'll admit I made the fatal error of letting my very innocent mother prepare me for my first date (from a very secluded area that's quite posh) She sent me out with my hair in a proper comb over, flowers and the works. Basically trying so hard it's just properly scary for the other girl. (I was really young I'm not talking in my late teens I'm meaning about 12-13 haha) Let's just say she never spoke to me again!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I also went on a couple dates with another guy I had met online... He seemed really sweet initially, but quickly found out he was definately bordering on stalker.

Our first date we went out for ice cream (I got the special... $1.25... keep in mind for later) That date wasn't horrible, But He put NO effort into his appearance... and don't get me wrong appearance isn't everything... but like he didn't even shower or change from work (he works in a factory so gets substancially dirtier that most) and it looked like he didn't even comb his hair. I find out that he is almost 35... still lives with his mommy and daddy, and has never moved out before. Same with his brothers and sisters... all about 30 and still never moved out... He had kind of crude humor that isn't really first date appropriate etc.

He is lucky he got a 2nd date with the fact he lives with his parents and have never been on his own.

My dad was a machinist and the 2nd he got done working he would shower and clean up. He hated being filthy dirty.

My exhubby was a total slob and getting him to take a shower was like battling a kid to eat veggies. He would do it when he wanted to but when I didn't want to smell him..nope big fight.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I was set up with this guy a few months ago. We met at a public location, which is this huge botanical garden in our city. I got there a little early, and waited. Up rides this guy on a BICYCLE with what looked like a hiking pack on his back. The first thing he said to me was "You must be Danielle. I recognize your t*ts from the photo that _____ showed me"....ummmm....seriously?! So we walked through the gardens talking, and the entire time this guy bi.tched and moaned about how expensive dating was, how expensive EVERYTHING is nowadays...mind you, he makes 6 figures. He knew from our friend that I am vegan, and asked me a lot of questions about it, and seemed to be respectful. After the gardens, he said he wanted to take me to dinner, but we'd have to put his bike in my car....WTF?! I asked if he owned a car, out of curiosity, and he said he did, but "didn't want to waste the gas". So, I have to STRADDLE his bike in a skirt and heels while he took it apart so it would fit in my car, and got in. He guided me where to go, and it ended up being a pizza place....okay, so I can just get a small veggie pizza w/no cheese...no big deal. OH NO. He ordered for BOTH OF US. A MEAT LOVERS pizza. He told me I could just "pick everything off, it's a better deal this way." After having a nice meal of water, we got back in the car, and the first thing he said was, "well, I washed my sheets so I guess it's time to go back to my place." I obliged, but with a different motive. We got to his place, put his bike back together, and I got back in the car and took the hell off. He started calling me like, 3 times a day, texting, emailing me. I had to block his number and his email so he couldn't contact me. Believe me, I had some STRONG WORDS for my friend the next day!

:noway: WTF?!

I had a really nice date with a guy I'd met online, so I invited him over to watch a movie and have lunch one day. My ex was still in the habit of walking into the house whenever he felt like, so that was awkward when he decided to stop in, but then later the guy was kissing me, and I was trying to keep it at just that because I didn't want to rush into anything. He was wearing shorts, I was wearing yoga pants with flip flops. He kept pushing himself against me, and all the sudden I felt something wet plop on top of my foot. I was freaking out, but I didn't want to say anything to embarrass him! I could feel it soaking into the bottom of my pants, totally grossing me out.

Another date, a guy bit my bottom lip so hard it swelled up and turned purple. It was purple for a week, and I had a dentist appt and had to lie to my dentist and tell him someone stood up and bumped their head on my mouth. :ohwell:

Last one, and I have a lot more, but I was on a first date with a guy (probably the first since I'd kicked my husband out, so it was still weird for me to even be out with another guy), and we were sitting in his car talking. He asked me if I trusted him, then he took my hand and put it on his junk and said "This is how I feel about you." I was so shocked that he would do that, I spent the rest of the time with my back pressed against the car door. He said I was giving him that "don't touch me" vibe. Really?!?! Hmmmm!

You guys are making me feel much better about my dates! :smile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have one that really bed but it happened after the date. LOL I had met this guy at a goth club I used to go to with my friends and we had seen each other a couple of time. When the club closed at 5 am. Everyone was heading back to my house (like 15/20 people) so I asked him if he was coming and he said no. When I drove home a put my purse in the trunk of the car. I left my purse in the car when I got home cause I didn't feel like getting it. I go to sleep and when I wake up 5 hours later the guy is sitting on my floor in the living room in a puddle of water. He had crashed his car into a canal on the way to my house and walked to my house fron the turnpike lol. I asked my friends why no one got him a towel or woke me up and they said he didnt want to bother me. Needless to say I dropped him off hone and never saw him again lol.
  • slay0r
    Options
    Ok so I have one that really bed but it happened after the date. LOL I had met this guy at a goth club I used to go to with my friends and we had seen each other a couple of time. When the club closed at 5 am. Everyone was heading back to my house (like 15/20 people) so I asked him if he was coming and he said no. When I drove home a put my purse in the trunk of the car. I left my purse in the car when I got home cause I didn't feel like getting it. I go to sleep and when I wake up 5 hours later the guy is sitting on my floor in the living room in a puddle of water. He had crashed his car into a canal on the way to my house and walked to my house fron the turnpike lol. I asked my friends why no one got him a towel or woke me up and they said he didnt want to bother me. Needless to say I dropped him off hone and never saw him again lol.

Now THAT'S random. What the?!
  • j4nash
    Options

I had a really nice date with a guy I'd met online, so I invited him over to watch a movie and have lunch one day. My ex was still in the habit of walking into the house whenever he felt like, so that was awkward when he decided to stop in, but then later the guy was kissing me, and I was trying to keep it at just that because I didn't want to rush into anything. He was wearing shorts, I was wearing yoga pants with flip flops. He kept pushing himself against me, and all the sudden I felt something wet plop on top of my foot. I was freaking out, but I didn't want to say anything to embarrass him! I could feel it soaking into the bottom of my pants, totally grossing me out.

Another date, a guy bit my bottom lip so hard it swelled up and turned purple. It was purple for a week, and I had a dentist appt and had to lie to my dentist and tell him someone stood up and bumped their head on my mouth. :ohwell:

Last one, and I have a lot more, but I was on a first date with a guy (probably the first since I'd kicked my husband out, so it was still weird for me to even be out with another guy), and we were sitting in his car talking. He asked me if I trusted him, then he took my hand and put it on his junk and said "This is how I feel about you." I was so shocked that he would do that, I spent the rest of the time with my back pressed against the car door. He said I was giving him that "don't touch me" vibe. Really?!?! Hmmmm!

Did he pull a Justin Timberlake????
  • slay0r
    Options

Did he REALLY do what I think he did on your foot?!
  • j4nash
    Options
    over a million potentials died that date on her foot
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Which one do you want to hear about first - Sir Never Blinks, or Chucky McT*ttyGrabber?

Sir NB - we were originally going to Restaurant A, a modest but nice place I'd heard of, then he called to change plans because he didn't have a coupon for them, but he did for this other place, would I mind switching? No problem, I'm flexible... let's just meet and chat and see how it goes. It turned out to be a really greasy chinese hole-in-the-wall buffet place (where you're not convinced it's REALLY chicken that you're eating). He told me to go ahead, because he'd been "so nervous, he got there half an hour ago and already ate." Ummm.. awkward... He spent the rest of dinner sitting ram-rod straight, never turned his head, staring at me and NEVER BLINKED. Cold, dark black eyes that had no soul behind them at all. Then he asked if I'd mind going dutch since the coupon had expired. I paid up and RAN out of there.

Chucky McTG - met at a Mexican place, had a terrific dinner. Conversation was light, fun, he was quite a charmer. He asked if I wanted to go out dancing, but I had a youngster at home with the babysitter and it was time for me to go home. He walked me out to my car and gave me a kiss goodnight, then simultaneously grabbed one of my breasts with one hand and grabbed one of my hands with the other and shoved it down his pants. Pretty ballsy (no pun intended) in the parking lot, right there at the front door! I broke free and started to lean on the car horn before he finally let go. I was quite relieved it didn't end up far worse.

Never saw or spoke to either of them again.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've actually only ever been on one, but couldn't find a way to say no. we met at a coffee shop so i thought we would have coffee- he was late,and actually wanted to do something else, so sat there while i finished mine.

we then went round a couple of shops- is it just me, or is it pretty weird to try to make a girl try on clothes the 2nd time you've met her?

We went to a castle musuem, which is actually a pretty cool place until someone insists on looking round the teapot gallery and looking at every teapot. Worst chat-up line ever: stand next to that (2m tall) tea pot so I can compare'!

Horrible!!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I went out with a girl who I thought was the one last year. She was great, we did everything together, she made me smile like no other, etc. Our first official date, she took me to the movies, where she hit on the girl when we bought our tickets AND the girl at the concessions stand...in front of me. Then she had the nerve to say that I was the reason her night was ruined :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Did he REALLY do what I think he did on your foot?!
    [/quote]

Yes! Ick. And HAHA! to j4nash. :smile:
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ok so im happily married now but before i got married everytime i would go on a date i had a friend on "stand by" if it was a bore id go to the bathroom text that friend go back then id get a call..id tell my date "emergency call" and leave...

if my friends couldnt be on stand by id get "food poisoning"...