Worst Date Ever

Options

Replies

• anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was raised a little old fashioned the men walk behind the women, let the women exit first, etc etc. Ya he had me trailing him like a little puppy.

That's funny. When my mom was dating my step-dad, she got super freaked out because he was a gentleman and opened doors for her. She even yelled at him a few times because it was SO unnatural.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was raised a little old fashioned the men walk behind the women, let the women exit first, etc etc. Ya he had me trailing him like a little puppy.

That's funny. When my mom was dating my step-dad, she got super freaked out because he was a gentleman and opened doors for her. She even yelled at him a few times because it was SO unnatural.

I get that sometimes, thankfully I think I've found someone that likes it! :)

Sort of the same thing with flowers, some people like them some don't.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Since you didn't say it had to be a first date, I will share mine.

My GF at the time, had been dating a little while (married now) was turning 21. I had lost my license, but was eligible to get it back and just hadn't yet. (lost it for speeding a lot). Anyway, on her birthday was trying to take her out to eat at a nice restaurant in my hometown. Took my car, it was a stick, she couldn't drive a stick, so I drove. Got off the highway, and behind us is a town cop. As I pulled in to the restaurant, on came the lights. I was arrested and taken to jail, she was stuck with a car she couldn't drive in a town she wasn't from while I was carted off. She had to call my sister, who took her to the bank, where she had to use her rent money to bail me out of jail. I say had to, she choose to. Once I got out I was able to pay her right back. Then we were stuck in the town until the first week day so I could go before the judge.

So, I ruined her 21st birthday, caused her all this grief. When she didn't run away, I knew I had the one for me. Happily married just shy of 9 years now. She does remind me often she is allowed to go to jail any time and I have to bail her out, and I am always careful to make every birthday as special as possible. :)

And FYI, I was able to push the court date out a month at the first time, went and got my license back, then went back and the judge gave me a small fine because I did still have insurance and I hadn't done anything more than speeding in my life, so it all worked out in the end from just about every angle possible.

I love this one. I think it's really funny for someone to talk about *being* the bad date, and I love love love the happy ending!
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My last date was a little over a year ago (just a little bit depressing, I know). I had met him online, talked to him a few times... he seemed ok- 5'10, 43 (a bit older, but I figured i'd be open minded), engineer, owned his own home, liked animals.... We decide to meet up at a tapas bar in the city (I live out in the 'burbs).

First off, it was so busy there was no parking, so I ended up in a lower lot (lower as in the lot was on a hill & had several tiers going down the hill) across a busy road. It's December & icy/slushy and i'm in nice shoes with little traction to them. When I finally got in, I missed him at first as he had been staring down at his phone. His pics online had to have been 10+ years old because he looked soooo different. He also had lied about his height. I'm barely 5'5 and in my low heels we were eye to eye. We sit down and he starts talking, and talking and talking.... I think he maybe asked me 3 actual questions the entire time. I would be talking about something & he would cut me off & start talking about that topic. He had his phone face down on the bar and every few minutes he would flip up the screen to look at it. Very annoying. At one point I did point it out to him & he admitted that his friends gave him a hard time about his always playing with his phone.

We had talked about our respective homes and I had mentioned that i was refinancing. He then went into a long spiel about his refi problems & telling what I should be doing. 1. I worked for a mortgage co. in the past, so I know what is needed and 2. it wasn't my frist trip down the refi highway. I was getting annoyed by that point. He also went on a long diatribe about how a 4 year degree is unnecessary and a waste of time. I have 2 degrees that I worked my butt off for (even if i'm not actually using them). Grrrr... I was so bored listening to him droning that I started checking out the cute waiter going back & forth, made up a mental shopping list so I could stop on the way home (assuming I could get away before the store closed). When he'd finally asked more about my job and why they were hiring so many new people, in my extreme annoyance at this point I took advantage of my impending unemployment by telling him all about how my office was being closed in the very near future. Worked like a charm.

Finally it's time to leave. He was ahead of me, phone in hand. I was right behind him. He was so absorbed in his phone he couldn't be bothered to hold the door. Luckily I had been buttoning my coat, otherwise that big heavy door would have slammed me in the face. I got outside, caught up with him, nearly sliding in the slush, just so I wouldn't have to go the entire way out to the car on my own. He walked with me as far as the top of the lot where I parked, gave me a hug & said we should do this again sometime (over my dead body). I finally got home, sent him a note thanking him and luckily never heard form him again.

I told my co-workers about it the next day. They got a pretty good laugh out if it, told me chivalry is dead and I should just get used to it. I told them it is not just dead, it's been ground up by the edge of a smart phone with the pieces scattered throughout the corridors of a Chilean mine. Guess I have to add 'not married to a phone' as a requirement for potential dates!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had hung out with this guy a few times but for our first real date we were going hiking with my sister-in-law and my brother (he was SIL's friend). My brother got sick the night before so it was just going to be the three of us. She had a small truck and he had a Miata so they took separate cars and I rode with him. The trail they wanted to go to was over an hour away. When we were about 2 miles away, the transmission fell out of his car. I'm not kidding. There was a clunk, the engine revved, and the car coasted to a stop. Bits of transmission were strewn across the road behind us. Luckily my SIL noticed that we stopped and came back for us. We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to get his car back home. It was horribly hot, we were in the middle of nowhere, his car wouldn't move, and he didn't have the money to have it fixed or even towed. Eventually he arranged to have it towed the next day and SIL drove us back to his apartment and he borrowed his roommate's car to take me back to my apartment. The whole day, frustrating as it was, he never lost his temper.
    A few months later, he taught me how to drive a stick on his brand-new transmission.
    Yeah, I married him.
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went on a date with a guy in college. I lived at one end of the hall and he lived at the other in the dorms. I learned he was interested in me by a mutual friend who begged me to go out with him on a date. I, reluctantly, agreed. We went to a movie (which is undoubtedly a bad place for a first date since you can't get to know each other during the movie), but oh well...he was kind of cute. When we get there, he paid for my movie ticket and then we went over to the concession stand. He ordered what he wants and then asks me if I wanted anything. I told him I was ok and his response was, "OK good, because I only have enough money for my snack." Being a college student, I tried to understand that he didn't have much money. I sat through the movie and frankly, didn't care for it at all. After it was over and we were in the car to go back to the dorms, he asked me what I thought of the movie. I told him it wasn't my favorite. Then he started analyzing everything in the movie for the rest of the car ride back. It was a one-sided conversation since I had nothing to contribute...he thought it was great...I was completely bored with the conversation. He invited me to his room, which I was dumb enough to go because I thought maybe we'd get to talk a little more about something else...but he turned on the tv in his room and became glued. After I sat there in uncomfortable silence for a while, I told him I had to go. Then he tried to kiss me...he was a smoker, and I'm not, so it really was like kissing an ashtray as far as I could tell. I left and went back to my room, and thankfully, rarely saw him for the rest of the year.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I got fixed up by a (then) friend with a guy who told me he loved me before the date was over. I was like, "Ummm, I love you too??" and got out of the car. It was the first and last date! Ewwwww. :noway:

Was his name Ted Mosby?

Hahahaha!!! That was the first thing that came to my mind, too!!
  • matthewparmenter
    Options
    So about a year and a half ago I decided to get back into the dating game after a long absence. I opened up an online dating profile and ended up meeting a girl who I thought was nice and her pictures were good, but she didn't seem to smile much. RED FLAG #1. So after a few days of texting back and forth I asked her out. She accepted and I agreed to drive to her town and we could go out to dinner. She lived about 90 minutes from me (far, I know, but I was just trying to be open and start dating again). She lived waaay in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't find a single review of any restaurant within 45 min of her town, so I asked her if she knew of any good local places that we could go. She said sure and I asked where we should meet. She gave me her home address. RED FLAG #2. Who gives their home address to someone they just met over the internet?? I'm a guy and I don't even consider doing that!

So the weekend rolls around and I hit the road. I arrive to pick her up and she comes out. looking the same as her pictures except for one minor detail. Her teeth are really bad. Now I give some leeway on this because everyone has their issues. But her teeth were literally blackened. Needless to say I realized why she wasn't smiling in her profile pictures.

But at this point I just figure I've come all this way and I don't want to be rude so with her giving directions we drive to a nearby Chinese restaurant. As we walk in the hostess greets her by name. Small town, I figure. WRONG. Turns out her mom is a waitress there and her ex boyfriend is a server. The same ex boyfriend she told me was kind of crazy. And he is working tonight. And she knew that going in.

So at this point I am almost amazed at how the date has progressed into a disaster zone in such a short time. We order food and have a decent conversation. I don't really have a connection but it wasn't too bad. Then she tells me I am welcome to come over to her house but she has to warn me about her roommate.

"He is a racist", she says.

I ask her how she ended up with a racist roommate. She explains that she saw his post on Craigslist saying he was new in town and was looking for someone to hang out with so she went and met him in a park. Now they live together.

Now I don't even know what to say. Half of me just wants to bolt but I gave her a ride so I at least should bring her home. The other half of me decides that this date can only get more insane and in order to have an even better story to tell I should check out her place. Since her racist roommate is home watching TV I don't really worry about getting into a intimate situation that I am not looking for.

So we go back to her place and we walk in and it is a mess. Sure enough, her roommate is sitting on the couch watching a football game. I was there for literally about 30 seconds before he started dropping racial slurs about the players on the field. I realize that I am no longer on a date but rather some totally insane adventure where it just seems to get weirder and grosser by the minute.

So we go to sit down in the living room and I have to clear a combination of trash and laundry off one of the couches just so I can have a place to sit. I'm sitting there for a moment before I realize that the entire couch reeks of cat piss. It was all I could smell now. I stayed for another 2-3 minutes then politely thanked her and said my farewell to her hateful roommate and bounced out.

Now THAT was my worst date ever, but one hell of a story!
  • Tbirdgal_Stef
    Tbirdgal_Stef Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This line has been used... Worst ever! Made me sick LOL "Is there a beauty pageant in town, because you'd win the crown for sure". Are you serious with that line. No wonder your single LOL

Gag
  • matthewparmenter
    Options
    I met up with a guy for a first date at a coffee shop. We spent a couple hours playing board games and having great conversation. I really enjoyed the time.

Two days later, I got an email from him that said: You seem really nice, but I don't think this will work out because you are a Green Bay Packer fan. Take care.

I thought it was pretty odd, but quickly moved on with life.

About 2 months later, I saw him at the grocery store. He was holding hands with another guy!

Who's the Packer fan NOW?!
    Hahaha well done!
  • im_blessed
    im_blessed Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OMG these stories are hilarious!

Unfortunately i have one too. I met a guy online few months back, we exchanged numbers and the conversation was great. He would call me from work everyday to tell me he's thinking about me & this was before we even went on a first date. We finally set up a date and he lived 45 minutes away but he told me that his car was in the shop (yeah right) and he said if i drove, he would put some gas in my car. I agreed and went, when i first saw him, there was no physical attraction at all, his pictures looked way better but i was already there & was hoping he would grow on me. So he takes me downtown where there was a waterfall and within a few minutes of being there he grabbed my hand and was trying to hold & kiss me. I was like wtf? i just met you so i politely pushed him away. We went to dinner and that actually went well. After dinner, it was late so i just wanted to go home, but he had other ideas and he says there was a park around the corner & he wanted to go to look at the stars, once again against my better judgment, i went along. When we got to the park, he's practically on me, i kept scooting over on the bench and he would get closer & closer. He then proceeded to tell me how he has never felt this way before and he knows he just met me but he wants to be with me. And that was my cue to suggest we leave. I drop him off at his house and he asks me to come in to meet his mother & sister. I declined several times but wasn't taking no for an answer so i went in and it was sooooooo awkward. They both were questioning me back & forth, i told them i was in college studying to be a nurse & his sister was like wow you have a smart one for a change. And im thinking what? how many times does he bring girls home? Needless to say i never went out with him again! He tried for weeks to get me to go out with hm again but i learned my lesson so it wasn't happening! On top of that he never did put any gas in my car lol
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I haven't had bad dates, I however have had people hit on me in the most atrocious ways.

One man 5+ years older than me, told me about his 10 year relationship with his fiance, not long after he attempted to hit on me in hopes of starting up an affair. :sick:

His reasoning? He gets 'bored' and '10 years is too long without adventure.' :mad: :sick:
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think mine might be the WORST!

I once went out with a guy who had me pick him up a taco bell, kinda weird, but I did it anyways. Once he was in my car, he proceeded to take out his phone and show me a picture of his ****. There was no warning, he just took out his phone and showed me! I was shocked and disgusted, and brought him right back to taco bell and told him to get out of my car.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't had bad dates, I however have had people hit on me in the most atrocious ways.

One man 5+ years older than me, told me about his 10 year relationship with his fiance, not long after he attempted to hit on me in hopes of starting up an affair. :sick:

His reasoning? He gets 'bored' and '10 years is too long without adventure.' :mad: :sick:

Yeah, that's pretty much me too (there was one "situation" but it was...confusing. And I don't think it's really worth going into here).

One time I got a message from someone random on facebook commenting on a car picture I had, and I hate being rude or blowing people off so we chatted for a couple months, nothing special, nothing major, just little chats about the weather, nothing harmful either.

One day comes the time he decided to make his move, as it were. So he asks "What kind of guys are you into?"

I did not know what to say, and I know it sounds absurd what I said (Don't judge me!), but after quickly running through the possible answers and reactions, I said the only thing that came to my mind. "Well I'd say Pete Townshend back in the '60s or '70s is pretty much the ideal." "Oh, he's an old guy." "Well I said back in the '60s or '70s."

"Oh...he's white."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, it's just that you're brown skinned. I thought you'd go for brown skinned guys."

At this point, I was really dumbfounded, so again, I said the only thing I could think of to say. "Well I think any girl would tell you it's what's on the inside that counts."

I didn't hear from him for another three months, then only briefly, and not again.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Bumping this epic thread up!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bmp for later
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    Bumping this epic thread up!

Youve had a lot of epic responces lol.

My worst date was almost been killed by an old 'friend' who invited me and a girl I was seeing to his bbq (i thought it would be nice), we turned up to find him alone (we felt bad so we stayed a while) then he pulled out a gun (a rifle of some sort) and kept telling my date/ex gf now to be quiet and than he started rambelling how close me and him were (I stood up for him once as he was getting bullied and thats as far as it goes really) and was making it clear he didnt like her getting my attention, I had to remain calm as he was obviously psycho lol, then he started playng a guitar and singing greenday songs very badly whilst lookng at me non stop lol, than he asked us to walk with him to some local shops, as we were walking infront of him, almost hostage like he started to act drunker and drunker and thats when I rugby tackled him and stole the gun, called the police, and as far as I know he was released from cells and has now moved from the city, we ddnt want to press charges the kd needed help, maybe we should have but we just wanted to go home lol, it was like a movie, theres more to t than I wrote but it would end up lookng like a script for the film 'date night' :the sequal lol . . . that night was the first time we both said ''i love you'' to one another so I guess it wasnt all bad lol
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I was 24, a guy kept asking me out consistently for a few weeks saying he thought we were compatible and all. For some reason my mind kept telling me to turn him down. He was a nice guy so finally, I figured, why not a date. I could be passing up something great.

I met him at the restaurant ( I'm paranoid about telling someone my address like that before knowing them well) and lo and behold, he brought his mom and sister to "see if we were going to have a good date". He was 30 years old. I just stood and left before I lost my temper.

He had the nerve a week later to ask me out again, saying "this time I'll only bring my sister".

*edited for typo*
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I met a guy at a party back in college. He walked me home and kissed me. It was the worst kiss ever. It was almost violent the way he smashed my mouth. I not only felt no chemistry I just wanted a drink to numb my sore mouth. He then proceeded to stalk me for the next 6 years.

2nd worst was after college I was working for a small company and a co-worker wanted to set me up on a blind date with a friend of his. After saying no a bunch of times I finally said OK. We decided that co worker and I would drive to a restaurant together where we would have dinner with his wife and their frined (my blind date.) As we were leaving work co-worker told me it would really be a blind date because his friend was blind. I was stunned. I wouldn't have minded if that little fact had been disclosed earlier but I didn't like that he waited until I was in the car on the way to the restaurant with no other option before he told me. It made for an extremely awkward evening. His wife called me at work the next day to apologize. What made it even worse was that the guy was really nice, a successful professional, educated, intelligent, and nice looking. If I hadn't been stunned and angry at being blitzed like that I think we might have hit it off.

Why was it such a problem that he was blind? Seeing as he was a great guy I wouldn't have thought it should make any difference!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    He didn't have a car but refused to let me pick him up, instead had his MOM drop him off. Leaned in during the movie to say "don't freak out, I'm going to put my arm around you". Sat there like a lump through drinks afterwards while I carried the entire conversation. His idea of a kiss? standing there with his mouth hanging open practically drooling down my chin. SO SO SO bad. SO. BAD.

Unfortunately I worked with him so I had to see him frequently after that nightmare of a date. We got along great as friends before but not so much after I flat out refused to go on a second with him.