Worst Date Ever

Options

Replies

• tamerkins2
    Options
    I once went on a first date with a guy who said that "eyes are the window to the soul...let me look in your window" then went on to stare at me with the most instense stare i've ever seen for about 4 1/2 minutes. Mind you this 4 minutes felt like an eternity! Every once in awhile i'd look away then look back. Still loooooking atttt meeee.... Then he said after the date he didn't want to go out again because i didn't want to show myself to him....okaaay! Good riddens :)

Awkwaaaard.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Did he pull a Justin Timberlake????

Did he REALLY do what I think he did on your foot?!

Yes! Ick. And HAHA! to j4nash. :smile:

Oh my god! Maybe it's just me but I just don't see how other men manage this? I don't think I'd even get started never mind finished with all clothes on O_o

Really? Can I get your number?! :wink:

Haha Cheeky ;) It's a valid question though I just don't get it?!

It's nice to meet a guy who can wait til his clothes are OFF!
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    In my lovely teen years, I was dating a college boy in the city. He totally hyped up his plans for our secret adventure date. So we met downtown and took the train down to the theatre district. He pulled out a little piece of paper with the address, not the directions, just the address. So I ask him where we're going and he says, he isn't sure, he's never been there before. So we start walking along Hennepin Ave. I quickly realize that we are in the 500 block and the address is 1750 Hennepin. He finally tells me we are going to the Walker art center. I wanted to die, mostly because it was -2 degrees with windchill on that January day!

So eventually we made it there. He told me modern art was weird and that he could've done it himself. We left and found the skyway system on the way back and tried to find food. He then shared that he only had $5 to eat and he really wanted a burger (I was a vegetarian). After he ate, we took the train back and I went home.

Here's the map to give you an idea of how far we walked:
    w849yq.jpg
    The best part is that there were buses which would have gone right the the Art Center and our tickets would have transferred.
    He was just too dumb to look for directions.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I went out with this guy a few times. He was signicfantly older and had a daughter. We were out to dinner and his daughter came with us. His daughter informed me that he had been married 3 times, and had 2 other kids. Not to mention a grandchild on the way. That would have been FINE but he had lied to me about the number of times he was married. Also told me that his daughter was the only one. He backtracked of course and was like um um...the first two really didn't count they were only married for a year or so. Not an hour later on the way back from the place..we told me he was looking for wife #4 and a step momma for his daughter. I told him...I just separated from my hubsand please don't push.

OH it gets more strange...two weeks later...

The girl's mother came into town for a visit. She stayed in the bedroom with the girl..I got it..Well he invited me over for dinner and said that it wouldn't be to strange. SO I went over for dinner. He told her that she may be looking at wife #4. Also he expected his daughter and her mother to wait on him hand and foot. He didn't even want to get up and get a drink of water. His house was a wreck, and had way to much stuff. So at that point I told myself that it wasn't going to get better, I excused myself and asked him to talk to me outside. I told him it is over. He texted me and emailed me several times but I never went out with him again.

Was his name Ross??
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    over a million potentials died that date on her foot

I'm laughing so much, omg.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    My worst date ever, I had been talking with this guy that I felt was pretty nice. We hit it off pretty well, and we had a lot in common. In his pictures, he was really good looking and seemed pretty muscular. When he came to pick me up, I realized why he always had a hat on in his pictures....not only was he balding on top with long hair in the back, but he had this GIANT golf-ball sized thing on his head. He told me that he thought about getting it removed, but felt it gave him "character" and had it since birth. Ick. We ended up going to a local karaoke bar that I liked, and he had a couple of beers (I thought) while I knocked back quite a bit of liquid courage because he had the worst conversational skills ever. I actually felt a little sorry for him. Every time I got up to sing, he would whoop and holler like he was at a rock concert or something, it was quite embarassing. After a couple of hours, I told him I was tired and wanted to go home, I figured two hours was enough to get the two beers out of his system. On the way there, he apparently got distracted by something I did, and crashed right into a parked car. Turns out he had been kicking back shots every time he went to the bathroom and was drunk! He gets arrested, I go to the ER in an ambulance with minor injuries, and when I was released took a cab home. Turns out he didn't have insurance, so I got stuck with the medical bills (which he was later ordered to pay but never did).

The next day he called me very apologetic and then proceeded to talk about how we must be soulmates and can I imagine how strong our future will be together if we have already overcome such a huge adversity (the accident). He kept calling and texting no matter how much I told him I wasn't interested in a relationship. I would come home to flowers and wine on my doorstep, and he kept sending flowers to me at work. (yet for some reason couldn't afford to pay the hospital bills???)

I finally told him that he needed to leave me alone or I would file a restraining order and he did. He is now in jail because he couldn't keep to the terms of his DUI and I doubt those bills will ever be paid.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    wow, this is amazing, honestly there isn't one story in here from women that doesn't blow my mind!!! Guys, are you really that stupid!!! wow, i can't believe this, i am shaking my head on every single one of these posts, honestly i had 1 bad date in my life, and the girl just plain lied about who she was but i was still a gentleman about it and had a good evening with her, wasn't a prick or treated her any different, never burn a bridge if your nice to her she has friends. WOW guys, its not that hard to entertain a woman. i am amazed at all the beautiful women on here that actually lowered there standards and gave them a chance. no wonder it was hard to meet women before i was married, being dragged through the mud like that i would have brick walls a mile high also. wow i can't imagine who raised these men, a fricking dog? even a dog knows better. the best one is 3 ex wives and he tells her she is going to be the 4th wife on the first date, WTF???? why would you say something so stupid!!! and lie about how many kids you have, or the one that orders all the food and doesn't get the hint when she doesn't eat any of it!!!! or blow me in 26 different laguages, WOW!!!! what a stupid thing to say.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    He kept pushing himself against me, and all the sudden I felt something wet plop on top of my foot. I was freaking out, but I didn't want to say anything to embarrass him! I could feel it soaking into the bottom of my pants, totally grossing me out.

Wait, I don't get why you wouldn't say something about something that creeped you out in an effort to not embarrass this guy who did such a really creepy thing?

I reeeally liked him. Aside from that, he had never said or done anything that creeped me out. I would've called him out on it otherwise. But then, I wouldn't have let him kiss me in the first place if he creeped me out. :) I think he was just young (late 20s) and a little too eager.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My worst date ever, I had been talking with this guy that I felt was pretty nice. We hit it off pretty well, and we had a lot in common. In his pictures, he was really good looking and seemed pretty muscular. When he came to pick me up, I realized why he always had a hat on in his pictures....not only was he balding on top with long hair in the back, but he had this GIANT golf-ball sized thing on his head. He told me that he thought about getting it removed, but felt it gave him "character" and had it since birth. Ick. We ended up going to a local karaoke bar that I liked, and he had a couple of beers (I thought) while I knocked back quite a bit of liquid courage because he had the worst conversational skills ever. I actually felt a little sorry for him. Every time I got up to sing, he would whoop and holler like he was at a rock concert or something, it was quite embarassing. After a couple of hours, I told him I was tired and wanted to go home, I figured two hours was enough to get the two beers out of his system. On the way there, he apparently got distracted by something I did, and crashed right into a parked car. Turns out he had been kicking back shots every time he went to the bathroom and was drunk! He gets arrested, I go to the ER in an ambulance with minor injuries, and when I was released took a cab home. Turns out he didn't have insurance, so I got stuck with the medical bills (which he was later ordered to pay but never did).

The next day he called me very apologetic and then proceeded to talk about how we must be soulmates and can I imagine how strong our future will be together if we have already overcome such a huge adversity (the accident). He kept calling and texting no matter how much I told him I wasn't interested in a relationship. I would come home to flowers and wine on my doorstep, and he kept sending flowers to me at work. (yet for some reason couldn't afford to pay the hospital bills???)

I finally told him that he needed to leave me alone or I would file a restraining order and he did. He is now in jail because he couldn't keep to the terms of his DUI and I doubt those bills will ever be paid.

in MN if the at fault person does not have insurance, my auto policy will cover any medical bills related to an auto accident, example i am walking on the road and got mowed down by a car, with my awesomeness i survive,my auto ins would cover me. you may want to check into yours.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    Two days later, I got an email from him that said: You seem really nice, but I don't think this will work out because you are a Green Bay Packer fan. Take care.

He was a different kind of packer fan. Whoa, what? {ducks}
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    In my lovely teen years, I was dating a college boy in the city. He totally hyped up his plans for our secret adventure date. So we met downtown and took the train down to the theatre district. He pulled out a little piece of paper with the address, not the directions, just the address. So I ask him where we're going and he says, he isn't sure, he's never been there before. So we start walking along Hennepin Ave. I quickly realize that we are in the 500 block and the address is 1750 Hennepin. He finally tells me we are going to the Walker art center. I wanted to die, mostly because it was -2 degrees with windchill on that January day!

So eventually we made it there. He told me modern art was weird and that he could've done it himself. We left and found the skyway system on the way back and tried to find food. He then shared that he only had $5 to eat and he really wanted a burger (I was a vegetarian). After he ate, we took the train back and I went home.

Here's the map to give you an idea of how far we walked:
    w849yq.jpg
    The best part is that there were buses which would have gone right the the Art Center and our tickets would have transferred.
    He was just too dumb to look for directions.
    Wow! Having done some much shorter walks through downtown Minneapolis in some very cold weather, I can say you are a trooper.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is probably the funniest topic yet! LOVE IT!!!

I met a gentleman (and I use that word loosely) on the internet. We chatted for a bit back and forth before deciding to meet, including full disclosure of my being a 'curvy lady' - OK, I was about 20 pounds overweight at that point. He asks me to lunch and I agree. He sends me flowers that day and it was very sweet...

He shows up at my work, um, the picture HE disclosed must've been someone else entirely... He was hands down the biggest dork I'd EVER seen (hair, glasses, teeth, clothes, etc.). I was mortified but decided it was the right thing to do to just go to lunch. We had very stilted conversation, it obviously was awkward and wasn't going anywhere... and I return to work.

Soon thereafter, I receive an e-mail stating that he was fairly sure I had weight issues and that he couldn't see himself being with someone as unhealthy as me. Wow, really? That's the only reason you don't see us together? :o)

While disappointed (NOT), I allowed him to call our thwarted love affair to a close...
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Many moons ago when cell phones were pretty new, my husband and I had separated. My friends decided to set me up on a date so that I could get "back into the game". After weeks of begging me I finally agreed. So I told them that I would meet him for breakfast. I get the the breakfast house, and as we are being seated his phone rings and he answers it. We sit down get coffee...yep phone rings again and he again takes the call. He then says he is sorry and that that was rude of him. Ok, I'm thinking...I will give you another chance. Again with the phone ringing and he answers just as the waitress is about to take our order, off she goes. Finally order breakfast, and we are talking and I am already getting mad. He again states that he was rude, says he is sorry again and he will turn it off. Food comes, phone rings again. While he is on the phone, I picked up my plate and coffee and went across to another table where some of my martial arts classmates were at and joined them. This guy had the balls to come over to the table where I was at and asked me what was wrong!! I said, "Oh I'm sorry, was that rude of me? Get lost"

Thank Goodness, hubby and I worked everything out!!

OMG you are awesome.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

in MN if the at fault person does not have insurance, my policy will cover my medical bills. you may want to check into yours.

I checked, in Idaho it was a no go...they wouldn't cover it since I was in his vehicle not mine
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    He kept pushing himself against me, and all the sudden I felt something wet plop on top of my foot. I was freaking out, but I didn't want to say anything to embarrass him! I could feel it soaking into the bottom of my pants, totally grossing me out.

Wait, I don't get why you wouldn't say something about something that creeped you out in an effort to not embarrass this guy who did such a really creepy thing?

I reeeally liked him. Aside from that, he had never said or done anything that creeped me out. I would've called him out on it otherwise. But then, I wouldn't have let him kiss me in the first place if he creeped me out. :) I think he was just young (late 20s) and a little too eager.

Late 20's and a little too eager?! That's also crazy haha. I thought he'd be really young that's just insane.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    On a first date with a guy... blind date... in the parking lot after a movie, he asked me to pull his finger. :indifferent:

(If anyone doesn't know what that means-- when you pull their finger, they fart.)
    Sounds like something my boyfriend would do, but I would find it hilarious.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I have a good one! But it embarrasses me more than anything!

I went on a pretty good date with a nice guy, all was well, we hit it off. I got a lovely text from him when I got home.

Next day I went to work. Unfortunately at the time I worked at a children's farm park. I had to wear a all green unisex trouser and giant shirt uniform thing, needless to say it was not sexy and way too big! The pigs escaped in the morning and I had spent two hours running around in pig crap and mud getting them back. (Oh and it was Halloween so I also had to wear a pumpkin outfit over my sexy uniform.)
    Anyway later that morning I was doing the tractor ride for the kids and on he got with his nieces! Needless to say, longest half hour of my life!!!!

Strangely he did text me to ask me out again! (Maybe he thought I had a strange sister who liked rolling in pig crap!)

That's actually kind of cute.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    One winter a few years ago I met a guy in a chat room and we got on so well that we swapped numbers. He immediately started texting and rang me around midnight to ask for directions to my flat as he was on his way over. Thought it was a bit weird and no way was he getting my address. I advised him to get off the motorway at the next exit, turn his car around and head home but he said he was going to drive around my small home town all night until I gave him my address,

At this point I felt a bit sorry for him but I was still pretty sure I hadn't said anything that could be taken as an invitation. In the end I gave him the address of a pub around the corner and said I would meet him outside (the pub was closed but it was on a busy road, well lit, there was a help point button outside, connected to the police station and I knew there was good CCTV coverage there).

When the guy arrived he started *****ing about how cold it was and asked if I'd sit in his car and talk to him. I explained that I was annoyed that he'd invited himself over and that I had an early start the next day. I didn't want to get in his car because I didn't really know him and suggested that he go home so I could go back to bed.

He then tried again to get me into his car and asked me to give him head!

Obviously, I told him there was no way this was happening. He then claimed it was because he was Asian and that I must be a racist. Clearly nothing to do with his arrogant, presumptuous behaviour or the fact that he'd come straight from a shift at Dominos without showering and smelled overwhelmingly of pizza then!

I have dozens of stories like this. Why do men always think I'm desperate to sleep with them? I don't even get offered dinner first! Thankfully my OH isn't anything like these idiots. I kissed a lot of frogs to find my prince.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I have a good one! But it embarrasses me more than anything!

I went on a pretty good date with a nice guy, all was well, we hit it off. I got a lovely text from him when I got home.

Next day I went to work. Unfortunately at the time I worked at a children's farm park. I had to wear a all green unisex trouser and giant shirt uniform thing, needless to say it was not sexy and way too big! The pigs escaped in the morning and I had spent two hours running around in pig crap and mud getting them back. (Oh and it was Halloween so I also had to wear a pumpkin outfit over my sexy uniform.)
    Anyway later that morning I was doing the tractor ride for the kids and on he got with his nieces! Needless to say, longest half hour of my life!!!!

Strangely he did text me to ask me out again! (Maybe he thought I had a strange sister who liked rolling in pig crap!)

That's actually kind of cute.

Yeah, I think if he was willing to overlook that, I might have given him another chance.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I just recently put myself back out on the dating market. After talking to this guy who seemed incredibly funny, I agreed to go out on a date with him. We met for brunch at alocal restaurant. We sat down, he ordered iced tea and I had water with lemon in it. He proceeded to unwrap the straw and blow the wrapper of the straw at me. Uh really?!?!?!? I thought I was with a 14 yo boy. I uncomfortably laughed it off thinking ok just nerves. He proceeded to talk for an hour about how his last two ex gfs were CRAZY and needed to be medicated. Once again uh really?!?!?!? He had ordered the chicken fried steak which looked great on the plate, not so great when he chewed with his mouth open - GROSS :sick: The waitress came to pick up our plates, of which he was really rather a jerk to her at a feeble attempt to be funny. She asked if she may take the plate - of which he replied "Uh yeah I am not done with that just yet ... (waited long enough for her to turn around to walk away) JUST KIDDING - you can take it. Oh yeah Three strikes and you are so out of there buddy!!!! The last straw would have been if he asked me to pay for my part. But the final straw was that he did not even treat me like a gentleman would. I was raised a little old fashioned the men walk behind the women, let the women exit first, etc etc. Ya he had me trailing him like a little puppy.

SO not going to ever happen again. Thankfully, I am currently seeing a wonderful man who treats me like a gentleman should and does NOT blow straw wrappers at me!!! lol